[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS? Gore or S.Morris?

Bree22

Chris Johnson is my RB1, I am looking for my RB2. I would be starting Grant vs Hou if it wasn't for last weeks game splitting carries and playing with a splint.

The NYJ have been very tough against the run and Gore just does not seem involved in the passing game. I know Gore does better at home but I don't think they have play a def this good at home yet. Morris is avg 4.5yds a carry since his return and Sea Def sucks this year. NE should be in the lead big and early so they should be running at the end to kill the clock and morris is the goal line back now.

I have morris in but can you really bench your #1 pick for the playoffs when he hasn't played all that bad for a WW that you just picked up last week?

Edited by Bree22

Yes, you can bench your first round pick... draft spots mean nothing afer the draft

Without knowing your scoring system I would say that Morris and Grant (who is healthy this week) each have the best shots at big days... Gore will get the rock (and he's the only guy who will run it for SF);

So, if you need steady production I'd go with Gore who is guaranteed touches; if you need upside I would go with Grant who has a great matchup; if it looks like you're on equal footing with your opponent I would go with Sammy Morris who will share carries with Faulk but should have a good day

thanks for answering mine

I like Sammy Morris this week, but don't think I'd use him in your situation -- he's a good bet to score a TD and put up some yardage, but I think that even against the Jets Gore is a good bet for 80-90 yards; if he slips in for a score he's a real solid play. There's a better chance Gore gets in for a TD than there is that Morris runs for an extra 50 yards.

As for Grant, I like him a lot -- he's healthy and has a nice matchup; unfortunately for you Brandon Jackson seems healthy now too. If Jackson was NOT in the mix I'd probably start him ahead of Gore. But realistically, Gore is the only one of your choices who seems guaranteed to be in on every down, I think I would stay with him. I'd rank them Gore-Grant-Morris.

Please see mine at http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275393

Morris shouldn't enter this conversation IMO. Faulk has been seeing more snaps. All news reports indicate that Ryan Grant will get his normal workload, so he makes a pretty darn good start vs. HOU. But I think you need to start Gore for a few reasons...

1) He is the most talented guy on the offense.

2) The Jets just let Peyton Hillis run for 129 and a TD last week.

3) Didn't the Jets get beat in Oakland earlier this season? (It's possible they aren't a good road team when going to the other coast???)

4) I am starting Ryan Grant (barring a setback), so if you don't start Grant he'll probably have a career game. :wacko:

I think you've gotta go with Gore and Grant here. I like the Morris matchup as well, but I think Gore has a nice bounceback week at home after a couple of stinkers. Also, if he struggles on the ground, he could be very involved in the passing game. Also like Grant b/c he's expected to get a full workload and they are calling for cold weather in GB.

Speaking of Sammy, please help http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=275446

Chris Johnson is my RB1, I am looking for my RB2. I would be starting Grant vs Hou if it wasn't for last weeks game splitting carries and playing with a splint.

The NYJ have been very tough against the run and Gore just does not seem involved in the passing game. I know Gore does better at home but I don't think they have play a def this good at home yet. Morris is avg 4.5yds a carry since his return and Sea Def sucks this year. NE should be in the lead big and early so they should be running at the end to kill the clock and morris is the goal line back now.

I have morris in but can you really bench your #1 pick for the playoffs when he hasn't played all that bad for a WW that you just picked up last week?

Hitting you back..

I benched Gore this week in one league. He hsn't been great.

But, Morris is the ultimate "I aint got no one else" back. I'd probably stick with Gore, only on a gut, and playing the stud.

Dont let where you drafted him mess you up though. I think I'll sit Portis (1st)for Hillis myself.

Gore for sure and Grant but expect a quick hook if he has a fumble.He is a very risky play IMO.Jackson should take 10-11 carries away from him also.

Hmm. Sounds like the wishful thinking of someone facing Grant this week. :wacko:

They haven't given him the quick hook after any other fumble, and I think he has shown what he can do when the weather goes cold (vs Seattle in the playoffs). Unless he is having ball security issues (multiple fumbles), which is unlikely since they've been testing that in practice all week, he will be in there for 20 touches or so. And against the Texans, that is going to be golden.

Thanks for the responses guy but it seems that some got confused. I am only looking for 1 RB. I am already starting Chris Johnson and need another RB to start opposite him.

So far it sounds like Gore. Anyone else?

I actually have a bad feeling about Gore this week. Jets Run D can surprise and will this week.

There will be plenty to go around with Ne RB corps. I would totally start Morris. I think Gore might be the safe bet to get mediocre points, but my sleeper would be Morris, especially if NE gets up quickly and just runs the clock.