[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions/Vikes

MikesVikes

The Vikings have a history of playing to the level of their opponents. It will suck if it happens but I won't be totally shocked if the Lions somehow pull it out.

+1

Vike's fans have seen this one before...

trap game, i'm scared of what the lions could do.

Agreed. I woke up this morning in a cold sweat. I was having a nightmare about hearing Daunte saying something stupid in a post-game interview after a Lion's...Oh, I dont even want to think about it! :wacko:

This is the last game that the Vikings have a chance of winning this season, so I hope they really put the peddle to the metal and crush the Lions. But given that they barely made it past them earlier this year, I'm more than a little nervous that the Kitties find a way to squeak out their first Win.

I'm also concerned about this game. I haven't heard much talk to the contrary with any Viking fans.

I was looking at this with the Detroit perspective. They think this is the game they can win. If they don't win will there be another future game they think they can win, or do they pack it in and not show up?

I'm also concerned about this game. I haven't heard much talk to the contrary with any Viking fans.

I was looking at this with the Detroit perspective. They think this is the game they can win. If they don't win will there be another future game they think they can win, or do they pack it in and not show up?

with the suspensions lifted i'm hoping it removed the Lions hope they can win ,, fingers crossed

Did Adrian just drop the ball for a second time?

I guess it's a positive for fantasy owners, as he has basically assured the Lions of a chance to remain in this one. He'll probably be in the whole game now, I know many folks were worried he'd be resting by halftime...

:update: overturned! :update:

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Dear Minnesota Vikings,

I write to implore you to stop turning the ball over against the (still) winless Lions. And it's not just because I have Gus and Ryan Longwell in my starting lineup. It's because I don't want to see your once proud franchise turned into a complete laughing stock, and also not be the answer to the trivia question of who was the only team to lose to Detroit in 2008. Now GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and avoid this potential iceberg, in which I promise if you hit it, it will be women and Childress out first!

Signed,

An NFC, FF, and overall football fan.

Dear Minnesota Vikings,

I write to implore you to stop turning the ball over against the (still) winless Lions. And it's not just because I have Gus and Ryan Longwell in my starting lineup. It's because I don't want to see your once proud franchise turned into a complete laughing stock, and also not be the answer to the trivia question of who was the only team to lose to Detroit in 2008. Now GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and avoid this potential iceberg, in which I promise if you hit it, it will be women and Childress out first!

Signed,

An NFC, FF, and overall football fan.

Didn't that happen after they built that dome?

Didn't that happen after they built that dome?

You're probably right. I feel it coming on here in Buffalo too as we are actually playing a December home against the Dolphins INDOORS (in Toronto.) It's just not the same. Snow should be counted on in the North with December football.

Hoping my fears aren't being confirmed as we speak...

Discussion from earlier in the week

My heart says they win it anyway... they're the better team, improving and gaining confidence each week. My head says that we Vikings fans suffer a letdown like we are so used to, and the Lions win 27-23. My final thought is this... If Frerotte can manage the game without making any drastic mistakes, I think MN wins. If, however, the Lions defense is able to turn a MN turnover into points, I think it might be too much for MN to overcome, given the fact that they'll have a hard enough time stopping Smith, Johnson, and the rest of the Lions offense (I can't believe I just typed that). :D

+1

That's what I'm saying. The Vikings are most effective at doing one thing and one thing only... Playing to the level of their competition. They have a knack for turning their fans into believers against the tough teams, and then smacking them back into reality against the worst teams in the league. I was nervous for this game before today's announcement. Now, I have to admit that I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Vikings win by more than a FG on Sunday.

So far, turnovers have certainly been a factor. Lions look like they're making this their Super Bowl. :wacko:

You're probably right. I feel it coming on here in Buffalo too as we are actually playing a December home against the Dolphins INDOORS (in Toronto.) It's just not the same. Snow should be counted on in the North with December football.

I've watched shows where the old players(Jim Marshall I think) said they would get tailgate food on the way in to the stadium and felt closer to the fans.