[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another stellar outing for Wayne NOT!

RJV

I have a tremendous amount of loyalty to Wayne. He's been the star player on several of my fantasy teams over the past three seasons and helped me win two championships, but aside from that fluke 65 yard TD pass against the Steelers, he hasn't scored a TD or gone over 100 yards in EIGHT weeks. If I make it past this week's playoff game, I may need to seriously consider benching him.

Ive got Wayne and Colston as my starting receivers going into the playoffs next week and I feel sick about it.

I had em both as my starting WR's this week in the first week of our playoff's. 14 combined points! Well done AGAIN Wayne.. Combine that with Hillis going down, SJAX not hanging on to the ball and TWO cardinals defensive touchdowns = disaster!

Who would have thought with the team in my signature (10 team league) I would have been a first round exit?

FWIW, Wayne has been gutting out an ankle injury that will probably require surgery in the off-season. He frequently limps between plays, especially after being tackled. I wouldn't bench him. He dropped a TD last week in Cleveland. Today against the Bengals, he made a nice stop and go move that should have been a 60 yard TD. Manning threw the ball perfectly, but Wayne didn't see the ball until it was right on top of him. He still almost made an amazing catch, but the ball came loose. I don't know if he lost it in the lights or what. Just thought you guys should know the opportunities have been there. It just hasn't worked out. It's kinda like the way Manning and Harrison were out of sync earlier in the year and it's now transferred over to Wayne. :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

FWIW, Wayne has been gutting out an ankle injury that will probably require surgery in the off-season. He frequently limps between plays, especially after being tackled. I wouldn't bench him. He dropped a TD last week in Cleveland. Today against the Bengals, he made a nice stop and go move that should have been a 60 yard TD. Manning threw the ball perfectly, but Wayne didn't see the ball until it was right on top of him. He still almost made an amazing catch, but the ball came loose. I don't know if he lost it in the lights or what. Just thought you guys should know the opportunities have been there. It just hasn't worked out. It's kinda like the way Manning and Harrison were out of sync earlier in the year and it's now transferred over to Wayne. :wacko:

Hook, have you noticed Wayne looking frustrated at times this season? I have seen him multiple times in a few games seemm disappointed with play calls. And while I will agree with you that he is still getting some looks, it seems Peyton is looking at Harrison and Gonzales more than he did last year, more specifically in the redzone.

2008 to date RZ targets:

Wayne - 8

Gonzales - 9

Harrisonn -. 12

2007 RZ targets:

Wayne - 23

Gonzales - 9

Harrisonn -. 9

well last year, Harrison was hurt for 10 games.

I haven't noticed the frustration, but I don't see a lot of Colts home games on TV since I'm at the game.

I dunno. He's still a big part of the offense, and has had a lot of chances, they've just been "off" lately.

I think the ankle is bothering him more than anything. He is hurting.

I had em both as my starting WR's this week in the first week of our playoff's. 14 combined points! Well done AGAIN Wayne.. Combine that with Hillis going down, SJAX not hanging on to the ball and TWO cardinals defensive touchdowns = disaster!

Who would have thought with the team in my signature (10 team league) I would have been a first round exit?

I got 10pts. combined from Wayne and Boldin, very disappointing.. Good thing our playoffs are combined score over 2 weeks, im down 100-98 after week 1 and seriously considering starting Hixon against Dallas over Reggie facing Detroit..

Hook, have you noticed Wayne looking frustrated at times this season? I have seen him multiple times in a few games seemm disappointed with play calls. And while I will agree with you that he is still getting some looks, it seems Peyton is looking at Harrison and Gonzales more than he did last year, more specifically in the redzone.

2008 to date RZ targets:

Wayne - 8

Gonzales - 9

Harrisonn -. 12

2007 RZ targets:

Wayne - 23

Gonzales - 9

Harrisonn -. 9

Wow. 12 RZ targets down from last year at this point. That might have alittle something to do with it.

Edited by tazinib1

He dropped a TD last week

Manning threw the ball perfectly, but Wayne didn't see the ball until it was right on top of him.

These kind of things are nothing new. Wayne is a good/not great WR who put up inflated #s when Harrison was repeatedly drawing the top CBs. Now that Harrison isn't really Harrison anymore, it's a diff story. It's not all about an injured ankle.