[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bring on Florida

Sgt Ryan

For the next month Stoops and his Troops will have to hear how they dont deserve to be in this game, how they have never seen a defense like FLA. How the SEC will shut down this offense. How Tebow is the greatest Qb ever to play the game. How the media, ESPN mainly wants to just crown their ass.

But I have seen more emotion from Stoops in the past few weeks than I have seen in years. WIth the Sooners up big, he rips his corner for a late TD, when the game is clearly out of hand. He is going to coach these boys up for the next month, and this team is going to be ready.

I have never been so excited about a game, than I am this one. FLA is a worthy opponent, and exactly what OU needs. Its been a long time since they were an under dog in a bowl game. The 2000 Orange Bowl to be exact, and we all remember how that went. In fact, most cant remember a win since that game, as they were few and far between. But this team, coaching staff, and motivation gives me great expectations for Jan 8.

Its over a month away, and I cant wait already.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

While they do not belong I think this will be an interesting game. I think Florida's D is better than they are given credit for but I don't know if they can stop OU's passing game. On the defensive side for OU I think they have a tremendous amount that is really coming together. What I can't work out is how they will match up against Tebow and those 3-4 lightning quick wr's. McCry made sweet man love to the same crew and he isn't even in the same galaxy with Tebow. I think this will be one of those 49-42 types of affairs but I've really no idea who will win it.

I guess I'm a bit stumped why any OU fan would be excited about the job this coaching staff can do. It's clear to me this staff is made up by a group of underachievers come this time of year. LSU, USC , Boise St and WVA have all been witness to this in the past few seasons. Their bowl record is horrible, maybe the worst in the country in this time frame.

I would assume any rational OU fan is biting their fingernails off, hoping against hope it's not another embarrassing loss. Any objective viewer can see this offense has excelled against inferior types of defenses, which is the sole reason for their greatness. I'd expect them to be above average to good in another conference where teams put a premium on the defensive side of the ball.

Really, in the last 5 seasons. OU has went 1-4 in bowl games, all of those teams had over hyped offenses like the one we see this year. I see nothing new here. The only win they could muster was in the Holiday Bowl against Oregon 17-14. Call me pessimistic, but that is the reality here, every year it's the same BS with this team and every year the bowl results are the same.

Good Luck OU, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't go crazy putting any $$$ on this team to be any different then years past.

I guess I'm a bit stumped why any OU fan would be excited about the job this coaching staff can do. It's clear to me this staff is made up by a group of underachievers come this time of year. LSU, USC , Boise St and WVA have all been witness to this in the past few seasons. Their bowl record is horrible, maybe the worst in the country in this time frame.

I would assume any rational OU fan is biting their fingernails off, hoping against hope it's not another embarrassing loss. Any objective viewer can see this offense has excelled against inferior types of defenses, which is the sole reason for their greatness. I'd expect them to be above average to good in another conference where teams put a premium on the defensive side of the ball.

Really, in the last 5 seasons. OU has went 1-4 in bowl games, all of those teams had over hyped offenses like the one we see this year. I see nothing new here. The only win they could muster was in the Holiday Bowl against Oregon 17-14. Call me pessimistic, but that is the reality here, every year it's the same BS with this team and every year the bowl results are the same.

Good Luck OU, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't go crazy putting any $$$ on this team to be any different then years past.

Well Well Well. You can make a legit argument. Though I completely disagree what happens in years past has any bearing on this year. But at least you made sense in this post. IM impressed mike.

Edit to Add: I am no rational fan. That must explain things to you. But Im taking OU in this game none the less. Something tells me this is the year, and Miami is the place we get #8.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Well Well Well. You can make a legit argument. Though I completely disagree what happens in years past has any bearing on this year. But at least you made sense in this post. IM impressed mike.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Edit to Add: I am no rational fan. That must explain things to you. But Im taking OU in this game none the less. Something tells me this is the year, and Miami is the place we get #8.

Is the coaching staff markedly different than it was in the past?

Personally I think it's gonna be a great game. Both teams seem to be playing at their best right now. I'm not a big fan of the long layoff until the championship game though. I wish they could play in 2 weeks instead of 4+.

Good luck to Sooner and Gators fans! I'll be pulling for the Gators because I have a ton of friends who are alum or just fans of UF, but mostly I'm hoping for a great game.

una, what's on tap for the Egg on gameday in case I want to drive down for the celebration? :wacko:

Personally I think it's gonna be a great game. Both teams seem to be playing at their best right now. I'm not a big fan of the long layoff until the championship game though. I wish they could play in 2 weeks instead of 4+.

Good luck to Sooner and Gators fans! I'll be pulling for the Gators because I have a ton of friends who are alum or just fans of UF, but mostly I'm hoping for a great game.

una, what's on tap for the Egg on gameday in case I want to drive down for the celebration? :wacko:

I tend to eat light during games I care about. A certain amount of tension reduces my appetite. I'd be happy to cook for others, but I'll likely have a small dinner.

If you guys haven't yet learned to defend the Statue of Liberty Play in a BCS Bowl Game then you are in for a long night.

If in fact, your team has learned to defend the Statue of Liberty Play in a BCS Bowl Game then you have a pretty decent shot.

We'll see.

I think it's gonna be a great game. Florida's defense will definately have it's hands full with OU's juggernaut offense, the likes they haven't seen this year. On the flip side, although OU faced another spread offense in Tech, Florida had a defense to go along with it. Also the Tebow factor. You simply can't ignore it. Yes, he's not quick, but he will run over people. And if indeed Harvin is ready(he should be), UF has way too many speedy players to cover them all. For those who love offensive games, they will not be disappointed. My prediction is that UF holds OU to under 40 points(an accomplishment in itself). Final score:

UF 45

OU 38

I think it's gonna be a great game. Florida's defense will definately have it's hands full with OU's juggernaut offense, the likes they haven't seen this year. On the flip side, although OU faced another spread offense in Tech, Florida had a defense to go along with it. Also the Tebow factor. You simply can't ignore it. Yes, he's not quick, but he will run over people. And if indeed Harvin is ready(he should be), UF has way too many speedy players to cover them all. For those who love offensive games, they will not be disappointed. My prediction is that UF holds OU to under 40 points(an accomplishment in itself). Final score:

UF 45

OU 38

This talk simply amazes me.

I hope FLA players and coaches are doubting our speed on both sides of the ball like FLA fans and the media are doing. Id be more worried about a physical team pounding OU in the mouth like Bama for 4 quarters, than scat backs trying to get outside against our (4.5 40) Linebackers.

If FLA gets behind 2 scores early, and Tebow is forced to pass, this could be a rout. OU is balanced, and if they have the lead, they will pound the ball.

Think of the OU passing game, with the Bama running game, then you get a sense of why this team is the most prolific offense ever.

This talk simply amazes me.

I hope FLA players and coaches are doubting our speed on both sides of the ball like FLA fans and the media are doing. Id be more worried about a physical team pounding OU in the mouth like Bama for 4 quarters, than scat backs trying to get outside against our (4.5 40) Linebackers.

If FLA gets behind 2 scores early, and Tebow is forced to pass, this could be a rout. OU is balanced, and if they have the lead, they will pound the ball.

Think of the OU passing game, with the Bama running game, then you get a sense of why this team is the most prolific offense ever.

Why does it amaze you? I simply gave my opinion. It's not like I don't respect OU. I do. I do agree that it will be difficult for UF if they fall behind by 2 scores early. But I believe that goes both ways. Pressure is a thing that Bradford has not seen much of. He can be deadly when given the time to throw. Mizzou put little or no pressure on him. Tech put little or no pressure on him. Last year, WVU put all kinds of pressure on him and see what happened? Yes, Bradford was a freshman then and I tip my hat to him as he has "grown up" immensely this past year. But he WILL see pressure from the Florida defense. Count on it. Yes you can get burned if you don't get to the QB. But IMO, it's better than letting a QB stand back there and pick you apart. The run game wil definately be the key for both offenses. If successful running the ball, it opens up the passing game for both offenses. OU has the better passing game, I'll give you that. But UF will certainly bring the pressure. If I were UF, I'd be looking at film on last year's OU-WVU game and I'm sure they will in the 4 weeks they have to get ready for this game. It should be interesting and I have all the respect in the world for OU. I like Bob Stoops, although I don't agree with his trying to break a record with 60 points when the health of the team would be more important to me. 55 or 62 would make no difference in the polls. "We shall see", said the blind man.

Pressure is a thing that Bradford has not seen much of.

This is a great point. They haven't been pushed around by many teams this year. When that did happen, they folded like a wet blanket to UT. Since then, they've rolled but look at the fight put against them in those games. FLA will be a lot tougher than any opponent OU has faced since their loss.

If you think teams didnt try and bring the blitz or pressure Bradford you are a fool, and I dont think you are. That OL has got better and better all season, and that IMO is the biggest turn around from a year ago. As good as OU was last yr, the Ol let them down in big situations. This year that hasnt been the case. I do not think you can blitz nearly as much as you think, if you have 4 Wrs spreading out the D, and a RB running in the backfield. You have to have 4 CBs on those WRs, and someone has to account for Murray in the backfield, incase he slips out into the flat. If the blitz doesnt get to Bradford, its not just a completion, its 6 points. Those corners as good as they may be, arent going to be able to line up 1-1 with all 4 of those WRs with no help over the top, and get it done consistently.

Im not so sure FLA is tougher than Texas on defense, and Bradford threw for 5 Tds in that game. In fact if FLA played all these teams in the Big 12, and Texas played in the SEC, who is to say FLA's scoring defense wouldnt be worse than Texas. Obvious in the Big 12, the spread is hard to defend, and more points are scored. But to say we havent faced a D as good as FLA is not accurate imo. I am not comparing stats, as FLA has played no one prolific all season that compares to the teams Texas has played. Texas was able to get it done, but that is 8 weeks ago, before this 60 pt surge began for 5 straight weeks. OU has clearly gotten better on both sides of the ball since Texas. And this is why I would have rather played Texas. To shut texas fans up once and for all and prove we deserved to be here over them. But really who can argue OU isnt #1, if we beat FLA. This is the team the media wants to crown already. If we beat texas, half the country would say the same things your saying about how great the SEC defense is, blah blah blah. So were are in a no win situation with most of you here. But come the night of Jan 8, I wont care what people say if Stoops is raising the crystal football.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

If you think teams didnt try and bring the blitz or pressure Bradford you are a fool, and I dont think you are. That OL has got better and better all season, and that IMO is the biggest turn around from a year ago. As good as OU was last yr, the Ol let them down in big situations. This year that hasnt been the case. I do not think you can blitz nearly as much as you think, if you have 4 Wrs spreading out the D, and a RB running in the backfield. You have to have 4 CBs on those WRs, and someone has to account for Murray in the backfield, incase he slips out into the flat. If the blitz doesnt get to Bradford, its not just a completion, its 6 points. Those corners as good as they may be, arent going to be able to line up 1-1 with all 4 of those WRs with no help over the top, and get it done consistently.

Im not so sure FLA is tougher than Texas on defense, and Bradford threw for 5 Tds in that game. In fact if FLA played all these teams in the Big 12, and Texas played in the SEC, who is to say FLA's scoring defense wouldnt be worse than Texas. Obvious in the Big 12, the spread is hard to defend, and more points are scored. But to say we havent faced a D as good as FLA is not accurate imo. I am not comparing stats, as FLA has played no one prolific all season that compares to the teams Texas has played. Texas was able to get it done, but that is 8 weeks ago, before this 60 pt surge began for 5 straight weeks. OU has clearly gotten better on both sides of the ball since Texas. And this is why I would have rather played Texas. To shut texas fans up once and for all and prove we deserved to be here over them. But really who can argue OU isnt #1, if we beat FLA. This is the team the media wants to crown already. If we beat texas, half the country would say the same things your saying about how great the SEC defense is, blah blah blah. So were are in a no win situation with most of you here. But come the night of Jan 8, I wont care what people say if Stoops is raising the crystal football.

The assumptions you claim about Florida are no different then many claim about the Big 12 in general. I feel the Big 12 plays no defense to speak of, and the offense scoring is inflated as a direct result. You feel differently.

OSU will play Texas in the Fiesta, and I'm really excited to see if there is any reality to those offenses or not. Texas averaged over 41 points in Big 12 play this season. If they can match that against my Bucks I'll eat crow. I don't think they can get past 33 though. The Texas defense was best in the league holding opponents to 22.5 PPG . I have little doubt OSU can score over that.

You have to admit the Big 12 sure landed some easy match ups this bowl season. I wouldn't get too excited about any early wins as they should be favored in all of them.

Edited by theeohiostate

If we beat texas, half the country would say the same things your saying about how great the SEC defense is, blah blah blah. So were are in a no win situation with most of you here. But come the night of Jan 8, I wont care what people say if Stoops is raising the crystal football.

As I said before, I respect OU. Maybe you didn't see that. Bottom line is there are a few deserving teams and only 2 made it to the big dance. If Florida hadn't made it, I'd be disappointed, but at the same time you know what you have to do next year. You have to win them all and not have any losses.

If I had my way, I'd like to see every no-loss and 1-loss team play each other. With one left over, you'd have to invite one of the 2-loss teams. But that would be like a playoff, would it not? And I think most of us here would agree that a playoff this year would have been awesome.

I'm ready for what I hope is a great NC game. I simply voiced my opinion by giving a final score prediction. That doesn't mean I disrespect OU. I would love to wish OU good luck, but the way you're talking they won't need it so I'll let it be. May the best team win, and if it's OU, so be it. I'll give your team props for it. I'm not ashamed of doing that.