[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do we subject ourselves to this torture each year?

Shorttynaz

Was knocked out of the playoff's in my big $$ league.. Would have beaten anyone else, however I lost by 1 small point to the week's high scorer.. I just have to post this to vent and get over it (until next year)...

:D G-Dam Cardinals defense!

:D G-Dam Steven Jackson for not hanging on to the f'ng football (resulting in a Cards' D touchdown).

:D G-Dam Reggie Wayne for licking balls these past few weeks!!

:D G-Dam Marques Colston for acting like Wayne's twin!!

I HATE fantasy football.. :wacko::D:D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel your pain.

The time: 4 min left in the Sunday night game.

The score: I'm up 5 and Baltimore is running out the clock.

I'm facing: Mason and Stover.

In the bag, right? HELL NO! Inexplicably Flacco goes deep. And even more inexplicably, Rogers get roasted with no safety help!

"To who?! Who is it?! I can't see the number yet! Please be Clayton!"...

The receiver stands up...

85..."NOOOOOOOO."

UN F'IN REAL! My only saving grace could be 6 points from Matt Bryant. I HATE relying on kickers! After watching Akers miss two for me earlier in the season (in the same game), only to lose by one. Thereby costing me the #1 seed and the bye for this week. Deja vu all over again.

:wacko:

Two FGs? Very possible, but after what I just witnessed, I don't feel good at all about that.

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

I feel your pain.

The time: 4 min left in the Sunday night game.

The score: I'm up 5 and Baltimore is running out the clock.

I'm facing: Mason and Stover.

In the bag, right? HELL NO! Inexplicably Flacco goes deep. And even more inexplicably, Rogers get roasted with no safety help!

"To who?! Who is it?! I can't see the number yet! Please be Clayton!"...

The receiver stands up...

85..."NOOOOOOOO."

UN F'IN REAL! My only saving grace could be 6 points from Matt Bryant. I HATE relying on kickers! After watching Akers miss two for me earlier in the season (in the same game), only to lose by one. Thereby costing me the #1 seed and the bye for this week. Deja vu all over again.

:wacko:

Two FGs? Very possible, but after what I just witnessed, I don't feel good at all about that.

Almost identical except we were tied until that Mason TD. Only saving grace is that I am now finished league at Fanball and have no excuse to return next season. Hallelujah!!

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger believer in awarding a significant chunk of a league's prize money (approximately 50%, give or take) to the top 3 points scoring teams with the rest of the money based on the traditional fantasy bowl champion. I understand that head to head is part of the game, but I hate to see one bad week and the most deserving team walks away with little to nothing for an otherwise great season. this way, a hot team at season's end gets rewarded, but also the most consistent, best team gets their fair share as well.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Ours is a 10 team league - $200 buy in.

- 40% ($800) goes to the overall points winner (I'm still in the chase for that - only 32 points out of the lead) and that goes through the end of the season - week 16 in our league

- 40% ($800) goes to the team who wins the championship

- 20% ($400) goes to the team who makes the championship - but loses.

- 40% ($800) goes to the overall points winner (I'm still in the chase for that - only 32 points out of the lead) and that goes through the end of the season - week 16 in our league

That's a nice set up. It's a little too "all or nothing" for my tastes as I like to see at least 3rd place teams getting something, but that's the right idea to my prefered set up of prize money.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Our pot for the tourney champ is about 1G. I will personally find Mr. Bryant if he misses makeable kicks. :wacko:

Good news - the teams my players are on scored 26 touchdowns today

Bad news - my players, and we are talking STUDS, scored only four of those 26 touchdowns. In total, I got 32 points out of Forte, R.Moss, R.Wayne, A.Boldin, A.Gates, and M.Prater

sucked to be me and my 105-38 overall breakdown record and league leading 1465 pts total for the season (100 more than the next closest team). Oh yeah...I was the five seed due to my horrible regular season match up luck and playoff tie breaker rules.

Yes...I wonder why I do this too myself too.

Good news - the teams my players are on scored 26 touchdowns today

Bad news - my players, and we are talking STUDS, scored only four of those 26 touchdowns. In total, I got 32 points out of Forte, R.Moss, R.Wayne, A.Boldin, A.Gates, and M.Prater

sucked to be me and my 105-38 overall breakdown record and league leading 1465 pts total for the season (100 more than the next closest team). Oh yeah...I was the five seed due to my horrible regular season match up luck and playoff tie breaker rules.

Yes...I wonder why I do this too myself too.

You know what your problem is?

You need more COWBELL!!!

Pretty frustrating. Injuries absolutely killed me this year, I started off 5-0 and ended 8-6 with a first round playoff loss. Still, I'm looking forward to next year so much already. It's just so damn frustrating when your #1 guys don't get the ball or inexplicably drop a goose egg.

I always wondered what "big money" is. Now I know. :wacko:

I my $$$ local - 8 teams out of twelve make the playoffs and the bottom four teams won yesterday in round one. The past 7 years the 8th seed has knocked out the #1.

I beat the two seed by 2 points.

Thats 2 teams too many IMO

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger believer in awarding a significant chunk of a league's prize money (approximately 50%, give or take) to the top 3 points scoring teams with the rest of the money based on the traditional fantasy bowl champion. I understand that head to head is part of the game, but I hate to see one bad week and the most deserving team walks away with little to nothing for an otherwise great season. this way, a hot team at season's end gets rewarded, but also the most consistent, best team gets their fair share as well.

I am sure the 2007 Patriots share your sentiment.

I needed 47 yards from Cooley last night to win my 1st-round playoff matchup. He catches the first pass of the game for 12 yards, and is never heard from again. :wacko: And I labored over starting Cooley against the Ravens, or taking a flier on Fasano against the Bills....UGH!

I agree - But its the kind of league where it talkes an act of God to make a change. I wanted to do 6 teams and have top two teams get a bye. No one would go for it.

:wacko: Sounds like my main local. I see where you are coming from

Yep, for the first time I've actually considered giving it up. Two playoff losses this weekend, and now I'm done. I'm just not sure its worth the effort anymore. It's difficult to enjoy just watching football because I'm calculating fantasy points after every play. Instead of cheering for my Packers, I'm pissed that the RB I had playing against them didn't score. It's just losing the fun. But I know I'll miss it come next August.

it's the matchups and the win/loss idea that can make ff fun, and somewhat random. it is like your hometown team scoring 35 points in a game only to lose 38-35. now i know that's not a direct comparison because our fantasy teams don't play defense against the other team or have a direct impact on their scoring, but it does play to the "any given sunday" kind of thinking which keeps things exciting, and sometimes maddening.

having said that, i'd be interested in either a total points league or a bonus of some sort for the highest scorer. it is nice to get some reward for sustained strong performance over the year. so it's not the super bowl, but maybe it's something for winning like an MVP award.

for those that want a more scientific, pure who's the best owner type of league, then total points is definitely the way to go vs. head to head. of course, even in a total points, the focus would then shift more to injuries as the random factor that screwed up a juggernaut.

anyway you go, there's some level of randomness, it's just how much you want to tolerate.

Damnation! You bunch of mewling Nancies need to quit & take up a fantasy knitting league or something. For Christ's sake, things don't go exactly your way & you're here on a FF board - how ironic is that? - crying like a little school girl. Take up a hobby that doesn't challenge your delicate disposition and where everything works out just the way you like it. Grow a pair or go away.