[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why do we subject ourselves to this torture each year?

Shorttynaz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is just for the football junkees looking for added entertainment, not for the fantasy purists. Fantasy football is a lot of fun when you're getting lucky and winning, but baseball and basketball are much more pure forms. Informed owners usually make up the playoffs in those sports. I'm in a work league where the four teams in the playoffs are me, a lady who didn't know who Peyton Manning was before the season, and two 17 year olds from the shipping department that had never really watched any football at all before this year.

This is true, and the luck factor is due (in part) to the fact that the NFL season is relatively short. The problem with fantasy baseball/basketball/hockey is that the seasons are so f'n long and there are so many f'n games that it's easy to lose interest. I did fantasy baseball for two years and completely lost interest by August both times.

This is true, and the luck factor is due (in part) to the fact that the NFL season is relatively short. The problem with fantasy baseball/basketball/hockey is that the seasons are so f'n long and there are so many f'n games that it's easy to lose interest. I did fantasy baseball for two years and completely lost interest by August both times.

I still am comtemplating an "all-star" baseball league for this reason, where the regular season ends at the all-star break, then playoffs run for the next few weeks, but then it is over before the NFL pre-season starts.

Edited by Big John

I still am comtemplating an "all-star" baseball league for this reason, where the regular season ends at the all-star break, then playoffs fun for the next few weeks, but then it is over before the NFL pre-season starts.

Season ends at All-Star break? hmmmmm....interesting. :wacko: .... yep me likey.

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger believer in awarding a significant chunk of a league's prize money (approximately 50%, give or take) to the top 3 points scoring teams with the rest of the money based on the traditional fantasy bowl champion. I understand that head to head is part of the game, but I hate to see one bad week and the most deserving team walks away with little to nothing for an otherwise great season. this way, a hot team at season's end gets rewarded, but also the most consistent, best team gets their fair share as well.

But isn't that how it is in REAL football as well? The hot team wins?

I was riding high at 8-3, one win away from securing #2 seed and 1st round playoff bye. I lost the last 2 games in a row, ended up as the #5 seed and lost my playoff game badly. Had the misfortune of keeping and "starting my studs" -- R.Wayne, L.Evans, A.Gates who went to bed and never woke up these past 4 weeks. So close yet once again so far!

Been playing for over 12 years now, runner up once and made the semis one other time.

Some year maybe I'll be 'lucky' enough to win it. Back for more torture next year I'm sure!

I still am comtemplating an "all-star" baseball league for this reason, where the regular season ends at the all-star break, then playoffs run for the next few weeks, but then it is over before the NFL pre-season starts.

In my local we actually redraft halfway and payout the first half. My other baseball league is an AL only league, which I totally love.

I was riding high at 8-3, one win away from securing #2 seed and 1st round playoff bye. I lost the last 2 games in a row, ended up as the #5 seed and lost my playoff game badly. Had the misfortune of keeping and "starting my studs" -- R.Wayne, L.Evans, A.Gates who went to bed and never woke up these past 4 weeks. So close yet once again so far!

Been playing for over 12 years now, runner up once and made the semis one other time.

Some year maybe I'll be 'lucky' enough to win it. Back for more torture next year I'm sure!

I'm thinking you have a relatively loose definition for stud.