[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need a mild, no beans, chili recipie

The Irish Doggy

Tis the season for making a big pot full of chili, but my wife won't eat my usual, and that's all I know how to make...

So, as the title implies, can anyone recommend a recipe for a mild, no bean, no green/red/yellow pepper chili?

2 #'s lean ground beef

2 c onions (small diced)

2 tbs ground cumin

2 tbs chili powder

1 1/2 tbs garlic powder

1 tbs chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce

2 1/2 c (or more) water

1 c finely chopped fresh cilantro

Grated cheddar cheese

Sour cream

chopped gr. onion

saute beef and 2 c chopped onions in large pot over high heat until beef is cooked through, stirring often and breaking up beef with back of spoon (about 10 min). add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and chipotle chilies. saute 3 min. mix in 2 1/2 c water and 1/2 c cilantro. reduce heat to medium-low. Cover partially and cook 1 1/2 hours, adding more water by 1/4 cupfuls if chili becomes dry. season with salt and pepper. (can be made 1 day ahead. cover; chill. bring to simmer before continuing.)

mix remaining 1/2 c cilantro into chili. ladle chili into bowls. top with cheese, sour cream and gr. onion

Tis the season for making a big pot full of chili, but my wife won't eat my usual, and that's all I know how to make...

So, as the title implies, can anyone recommend a recipe for a mild, no bean, no green/red/yellow pepper chili?

A can of Manwich? :wacko:

I'm with Furd... may as well go get some cans of hormel No Bean chili.

2 #'s lean ground beef

2 c onions (small diced)

2 tbs ground cumin

2 tbs chili powder

1 1/2 tbs garlic powder

1 tbs chopped canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce

2 1/2 c (or more) water

1 c finely chopped fresh cilantro

Grated cheddar cheese

Sour cream

chopped gr. onion

saute beef and 2 c chopped onions in large pot over high heat until beef is cooked through, stirring often and breaking up beef with back of spoon (about 10 min). add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and chipotle chilies. saute 3 min. mix in 2 1/2 c water and 1/2 c cilantro. reduce heat to medium-low. Cover partially and cook 1 1/2 hours, adding more water by 1/4 cupfuls if chili becomes dry. season with salt and pepper. (can be made 1 day ahead. cover; chill. bring to simmer before continuing.)

mix remaining 1/2 c cilantro into chili. ladle chili into bowls. top with cheese, sour cream and gr. onion

While I would like this, he did specify no peppers so that would rule out the chipotles, which are one of the keys to my chili.

While I would like this, he did specify no peppers so that would rule out the chipotles, which are one of the keys to my chili.

chipotles are mild imo... but adds a nice smokiness. if he doesn't want to use them he can use the adobo sauce to get the smoke without pepper.

also, can cut the water in half and use 8-12 oz of diced tomato w/ juices (canned or fresh)