[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2009 Huddle College Bowl Pick 'em Contest

theeohiostate

Back for year #5

DIDN'T GET YOUR EMAIL INVITE? TRY THIS !

You can also just log into the site

http://www.poolhost.com/index.asp?page=poolmain.asp

POOL NAME IS:

2009 Huddle Bowl Pickem Contest

POOL LOGIN NAME IS:

TheHuddle

PASSWORD IS:

huddle

Pool Rules

Picks

Number of games per week required to pick: ALL

Game Style

Pick'em Style.

Spreads

Point spreads are used for scoring picks. Spreads are provided by PoolHost.com

Weights

You must choose a weight or a confidence value for each pick you make. If you have to make 4 picks per week, then you'd need to assign a value from 4 to 1, 4 being the most confident, to each pick. If you win a game, you get 2 points times the weight value you assigned. If you tie the game, you get 1 point times the weight value you assigned. If you lose the game, you get 0 points for that game. If your most confident picks come through, then you will get more points for those wins.

Championship Game Tie-Break

Besides making your picks, at the bottom of the pick page, you must guess the Championship game total score to decide any tie-breaks.

Scoring

WIN = 2 points, TIE = 1 point, LOSS = 0 points

Standings

The final standings will be calculated using the total points from ALL weeks.

Deadline

The pick deadline will be game time of the first bowl game carried by PoolHost.com.

$10 per selection or simply play for bragging rights

PM me and post here. I need you email addy for a personal invite to be sent to you. In the invite you will be given a link to the PoolHost site with the league id and password. Payment instructions can be found on the site using the left hand navi bar Pool Options>Pool Rules , at the bottom you'll see the instructions.

Entries:

Gophers - paid

Vinatieri is God- paid

darin3 - paid

Theeohiostate- paid

Theeohiostate_2- paid

theprofessor - paid

jaxfactor - paid

TRU SOLDJA 22- paid

Timmypg- paid

Timmypg_2- paid

GWPFFL BrianW

untateve - paid

BigMikeinNY - paid

Ziachild007- paid

Junkyard Dogs - paid

Huga Tuga(friend of Junkyard Dogs)- - paid

Hoofin' It(friend of Junkyard Dogs)- - paid

Samgaberob(friend of Junkyard Dogs)- - paid

Droobie42 - paid

rbmcdonald - paid

popeye

cincy slammers

Edited by theeohiostate

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

under the pool rules at the bottom of the page is additional instruction which has my mailing and paypal information

I clicked on 'pool options.' I clicked on 'pool rules.' At the bottom, this is how it looks:

Additional Pool Rules

And it is blank.

I know I'm in the right place because at the top is says: 2009 Huddle Bowl Pickem Contest

Edited by untateve

I clicked on 'pool options.' I clicked on 'pool rules.' At the bottom, this is how it looks:

And it is blank.

I know I'm in the right place because at the top is says: 2009 Huddle Bowl Pickem Contest

Try it now. For some reason I must have deleted it, but I've redone it now.

Try it now. For some reason I must have deleted it, but I've redone it now.

Looks like he's on the right link.... but just a reminder to those that have been in TOS's pick'em before.... you HAVE to click THIS year's game, otherwise it'll take you to something else (from last season, although it will show as this year's bowls).

I'm in. Can't find my Huskies though? :wacko:

Worst college football team in the nation. Surely there is a bowl for them. OH wait, it was the apple cup, and they lost to 1-10 Washington St already. :D

Now I see why you are stuck on SC's sack so hard. Its the best thing going on the Left coast.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Paypal coming, but one question. How do I put the weight of each pick in? I see an arrow to the right, but when I click on it, I see no numbers. All 34 games are going at once so I take it you work from 34 as your least confident pick down to 1 as your most confident. I'm wondering if this temporary dialup service I'm using is screwing up the looks of the pool???? MY DSL modem went down and a new one is on the way.

Paypal coming, but one question. How do I put the weight of each pick in? I see an arrow to the right, but when I click on it, I see no numbers. All 34 games are going at once so I take it you work from 34 as your least confident pick down to 1 as your most confident. I'm wondering if this temporary dialup service I'm using is screwing up the looks of the pool???? MY DSL modem went down and a new one is on the way.

You have to choose which team you want to win, then the drop-down will be filled with the weights.

I haven't looked at the rules yet this year but aren't we putting the larger number (weight) on the picks were MOST confident in? Highest point total wins?

So, just so I'm clear, are we ranking each game 1-34, or are we ranking the games on a weekly basis? In other words, if there are four games the first week, rank them 1-4, then the second week rank the next five games 1-5, etc.

The rules suggest it's weekly, but looking at last year's thread, it was an overall weight ranking. :wacko:

So, just so I'm clear, are we ranking each game 1-34, or are we ranking the games on a weekly basis? In other words, if there are four games the first week, rank them 1-4, then the second week rank the next five games 1-5, etc.

The rules suggest it's weekly, but looking at last year's thread, it was an overall weight ranking. :wacko:

Rank them overall , not weekly