[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to handle POS owners purposely doing stupid stuff

BeeR

Basically PUT A PROVISION TO DEAL WITH THESE THINGS IN THE RULES.

Like I said elsewhere, if you don't IMO you have no leg to stand on if it happens. Same for just about anything else.

Another idea is get in leagues w/people you know really well - not full-proof but helps.

Another idea I thought of is have part of the league fees be an "extra" amount that everyone gets back at the end of the year - for one it's nice to get a little something back for the sucky teams who tried, but also can be voided (presumably by majority vote) if something like above happens, esp if some "loophole" is found and used.

FWIW

I'm in a league where it is written into the bylaws that if you collude, break a rule, or attempt to exploit a loophole that clearly goes against the spirt of the league, the rest of the owners get to sleep with your wife.

I thought this was a great rule until I found my wife logged into my league, dumping all my starting players and picking up players that were only on bye.

In a long-standing local(some of the owners I don't know personally). The guy who is the 3rd seed going into week 14, the final week of the regular season, is playing his uncle, who is the 4th seed but has 2 teams on his ass. If Uncle loses and one of the other 2 teams wins, uncle is out. Uncle calls up nephew(#3 seed) and tells him to make sure he puts his best lineup in as the #3 seed had already clinched and didn't gain anything with a win or a loss. Nephew is 6 points down on uncle but has Smith going tonight. He did put in his best lineup. Iwas watching this sitch even though I'm eliminated just to see what happened. Although I trusted the right thing would be done I still wanted to make sure. :D Props to uncle who called his nephew to make sure he put in his best lineup. Uncle is the commish and I know I can trust both of these guys. Uncle is probably going to lose his spot in the playoffs and I have to applaud him. :wacko:

Basically PUT A PROVISION TO DEAL WITH THESE THINGS IN THE RULES.

Like I said elsewhere, if you don't IMO you have no leg to stand on if it happens. Same for just about anything else.

Another idea is get in leagues w/people you know really well - not full-proof but helps.

Another idea I thought of is have part of the league fees be an "extra" amount that everyone gets back at the end of the year - for one it's nice to get a little something back for the sucky teams who tried, but also can be voided (presumably by majority vote) if something like above happens, esp if some "loophole" is found and used.

FWIW

Im so glad you explained the situation so we all knew exactly what this thread is about...

I'm in a league where it is written into the bylaws that if you collude, break a rule, or attempt to exploit a loophole that clearly goes against the spirt of the league, the rest of the owners get to sleep with your wife.

I thought this was a great rule until I found my wife logged into my league, dumping all my starting players and picking up players that were only on bye.

:wacko:

:wacko: