[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With Tennessee clinching

loaf

I found this quote which but the fear in me...

In their rookie years, Campbell finished with a flourish with 1,450 yards on 302 carries, while George ended up with 1,368 on 335 attempts. "It's still attainable. We have four more games left, but it depends on how it goes," Johnson said. "If we clinch the playoffs and all that, I'm not sure how much I'll play in the last couple of games. But it's still within reach."

I can only worry about next week for now in traditional playoff structures. It sucks for me because in one league, half the money goes to team total points through week 17. It's stupid as it should go through week 16, but I was a late comer to the league and seem to have a harder time rocking the boat in rule changes.

I can only worry about next week for now in traditional playoff structures. It sucks for me because in one league, half the money goes to team total points through week 17. It's stupid as it should go through week 16, but I was a late comer to the league and seem to have a harder time rocking the boat in rule changes.

That week 17 thing would probably be a deal breaker for me.

As for CJ, I'm not all that worried about him. Fisher is smart enough to know that you need to go into the playoffs with a full head of steam, and the alternative is to let Collins pass 'til his arm falls off.

Week 17 points are a question of WW moves, IMHO. My league outlawed week 17 after I dropped most of my team, played backups and won it all the first year I played.. :wacko:

ok I hate to sound stupid but can one of the many resident geniuses on these boards explain the playoff tie breaker system to me?

I know the first tie breaker is head to head games but what is the next tie breaker if two teams play each other twice and split those 2 games and end up tied for a playoff spot?

Does the tie breaker not go to the team who beat the other team by the most points?

ie, Ten beat INdy by 10 but if Indy were to win out and Ten were lose out and if Indy were to beat Ten by more than 10 wouldn't Indy win the division?

Not that I think this will happen, just wondering.

ok I hate to sound stupid but can one of the many resident geniuses on these boards explain the playoff tie breaker system to me?

I know the first tie breaker is head to head games but what is the next tie breaker if two teams play each other twice and split those 2 games and end up tied for a playoff spot?

Does the tie breaker not go to the team who beat the other team by the most points?

ie, Ten beat INdy by 10 but if Indy were to win out and Ten were lose out and if Indy were to beat Ten by more than 10 wouldn't Indy win the division?

Not that I think this will happen, just wondering.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Margin of head-to-head matchup points is not a factor.

For 2 division teams:

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

5. Strength of victory.

6. Strength of schedule.

7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.

9. Best net points in common games.

10. Best net points in all games.

11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

12. Coin toss