[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For those who are in the playoffs

MrTed46

What is your single best move you made that you are thankful for? The move can be drafting, adding, dropping or trading a particular player.

In my local it is picking up DeAngelo Williams off the WW (he was dropped week 3 when Stewart was getting all the points). I picked him up on a flyer at the time to backup Addai, ADP and Kevin Smith. He is my #1 RB with ADP right now.

My second best move I made (it was not keeping ADP) was drafting Roddy White.

In my Dynasty, my single best move of the season was signing Kurt Warner for $20. I needed a QB badly and had a feeling his last 8 games of last season were going to carry into this season.

I am thankful for dumping Colston for DeAngelo Williams like in week 9, picking up John Carlson as a TE week 2, and picking up Antonio Bryant in like week 5.

Also, I am happy I drafted Adrian Peterson with the #2 pick, instead of Stephen Jackson or Bryant "I Am ALWAYS Hurt" Westbrook.

I whiffed on Colston with my third round pick. Whiffed bigger on Edgerin James in the 5th round (when I could have had Cutler). But got lucky with Aaron Rodgers in the 10th round.

In MSHB2 sticking with the draft even when it looked like it would take years to complete. :D

In many leagues when I drafted D Anderson picked up Aaron Rodgers as his backup.

What is your single best move you made that you are thankful for? The move can be drafting, adding, dropping or trading a particular player.

In my local it is picking up DeAngelo Williams off the WW (he was dropped week 3 when Stewart was getting all the points). I picked him up on a flyer at the time to backup Addai, ADP and Kevin Smith. He is my #1 RB with ADP right now.

My second best move I made (it was not keeping ADP) was drafting Roddy White.

In my Dynasty, my single best move of the season was signing Kurt Warner for $20. I needed a QB badly and had a feeling his last 8 games of last season were going to carry into this season.

Bastage. :wacko:

Some people laughed at you for that but it was a smart move because I couldn't afford to match. Opening the bidding @ $20 threw some off.

Edited by Randall

Still alive in every league that I have Kurt Warner as my QB. Some leauges I got him for $1.

Targetting Jonathan Stewart and Matt Forte when many were looking at Darren McFadden and Rashard Mendenhall. Time will tell whether this remains a smart move, but for now, it sure looks good for me.

Not giving up on Bradie James and Julius Peppers when they started slow.

11-2, #1 Seed in 12-Team IDP Dynasty

The most notable transactions that got me here, in order of importance:

Drafting Matt Forte at 1.04 in rookie draft

Trading 2009 1st rounder + Matt Castle for Clinton Portis

Trading Heath Miller/Jerricho Cotchery for 2008 2nd+3rd Round Rookie Picks (Joe Flacco/DeSean Jackson)

Acquiring Cortland Finnegan off of WW at the end of last season (#11 scoring DB)

And to top things off, I'll be playing the team I traded Cotchery/Miller to this week in the playoffs (tonyr)

I'd say the best move I made this year was not panicking when Shaub went out. Shaub was my backup to Hasselbeck (or so I thought prior to the start of the season). I was offered a trade that was frankly pretty horrible and refused to pull the trigger on it just to get a starter.

I picked up Shaun Hill off the WW, held my nose and hoped for the best. :wacko: Who knew?

On a Sunday many weeks (back in week #6) ago, I realized that I needed one more key receiver (already had Andre Johnson and Jennings) to complete my team. I had plenty of running backs (Portis and Chris Johnson are my starters) and on the first Sunday that Westbrook was declared out, I offered up Buckhalter for the best receiver offer. Nobody had Buckhalter from the draft and even the Westbrook owner did not back up Westbrook by picking up Buck from the free agent wire. I had picked Buckhalter up several weeks earlier and was holding on to him for the right moment. About an hour went by and an owner offered up Calvin Johnson for Buckhalter. Needless to say, I jumped on his offer. I have since started Megatron every week and have been hugely rewarded. Buckhalter had one good week and has been invisible since. Now I am one game away from my Superbowl with a 11-2 record. This was the biggest move that made my season.

MD