[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Studs that were Duds

MikesVikes

I had a great regular season in every single league that I'm in. My best W-L was 10-2 and my worst was 8-5 which was good for a division championship.

...and then came the playoffs. I pulled a Detroit Lion.

In the 10-2 league, I was the #1 seed going against #16 seed. I lost. That is how it went everywhere. I have Marion Barber to blame there along with an opponent that had 2 or 3 players that suddenly exploded.

In other leagues I blame Clinton Portis.

Did anyone else get Barbered or Portised?

Name your bums if you have em.

From my draft:

Studs: Adrian Peterson, Fitz, and Rodgers

Duds: Colston, Winslow, Edgerin James, and Leinart

From free agent/trades:

Stud: Antonio Bryant, John Carlson, and DeAngelo Williams

Dud: McClain, Ahmad Green, Fred Jackson to name a few

In my main local: SJax and Barber...back in Week 1, I thought I'd be set at RB come playoff time...how things change. Viva la France made up for Barber, but SJax didn't deliver.

Other two leagues, I had a bye....and in both, I will need Westbrook & T. Jones to be every bit the studs they have been these last couple weeks.

I got burned by Peyton Manning last week. #2 seed and lost by 8 points.

In other leagues, I just flat out got beat by better squads full of hot players.

Still in 3 leagues and hoping to ride Viva La France to the chip in all of them.

I'm totally expecting T.O., Moss, and Westbrook to screw me in the 1st playoffs and that'll be that, but I hope not :wacko:

For those who have been playing this game for years, is it always something? I haven't been playing that long and just really remember last year being the year of injuries, and this year being a year where at least 75% of studs are average, at best. Is this the way it always is?

I think I set some kind of record for futility this week. The teams that Forte, M.Turner, Wayne, R.Moss, A.Boldin, and Gates play for scored a total of 26 touchdowns last week. These players - my studs - score 1 out of these 26 touchdowns. Colts put up 5 offensive TDs - none to Wayne. Gates watches without a single catch as the Bolts drop 34 on the Raiders. Boldin can't find the end zone once as the Cards rack up 34 points. I understand some of these TDs were defensive...but you get the point.

On top of this....the Titans DST held the Browns to zero TDs and under 150 yds up till 2 minutes left in the game but somehow put up a pedestrian 17 pts. Oh yeah...and MBIII stayed home. I'd say I had one of the most statistically improbable bad/dud fantasy performances of all time considering how many TDs my players teams racked up. The chances of only getting 1 out of these 26 TDs for my fantasy players with the stud lineup I had was probably 1 in about 1 million.

sucks for me.

Reggie Wayne, Ronnie Brown and Lee Evans all let me down bigtime. I traded for Ronnie early in the season just because his playoff schedule was so easy, yet he still didn't do crap.

Ha ha ha! There was this guy in my league that traded away:

Brandon Marshall for Ronnie Brown and Laverneus Coles. :wacko::D:D

AND

DeAngelo Williams and Chad Johnson for Colston and Edgerin James - I got a great deal on dumping these two guys.

Ha ha ha!!!! :D:D:D

Funny thing is, the guy made the playoffs even though him pretty much ended up with the short end of the stick on both trades.

Week 14 tanking studs:

Reggie Wayne, Antonio Gates, Brett Favre, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, Matt Cassel (relative to what was expected playing #32 SEA pass D), Randy Moss, Marion Barber III (though due to injury), Steven Jackson, Anquan Boldin, Larry Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Brandon Jacobs, Bernard Berrian, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte. All killed me in one league or other.

Week 14 tanking studs:

Reggie Wayne, Antonio Gates, Brett Favre, Willie Parker, Clinton Portis, Matt Cassel (relative to what was expected playing #32 SEA pass D), Randy Moss, Marion Barber III (though due to injury), Steven Jackson, Anquan Boldin, Larry Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, Ronnie Brown, Brandon Jacobs, Bernard Berrian, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte. All killed me in one league or other.

Please add and PIN Braylon Edwards. TIA