[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chicago's DEF

Eagle2003

I am leaning toward starting Chicago's DEF on Thursday Night, especially with the weather to be in the low 30s and with the windchill its expected to be in the teens. Does anyone know where I can find stats on the Chicago / New Orleans playoff game from a few years ago? I appreciate the help.

I am leaning toward starting Chicago's DEF on Thursday Night, especially with the weather to be in the low 30s and with the windchill its expected to be in the teens. Does anyone know where I can find stats on the Chicago / New Orleans playoff game from a few years ago? I appreciate the help.

I'm rooting for Brees to put up a stinker and Urlacher to tackle everyone he sees

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2919...amp;week=POST20

Brees threw for 354 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT

The rushing game is what suffered for New Orleans, the Bears had no answer for Bush, Colston & Henderson in the passing game. Bush especially shredded their D.

I'm rooting for Brees to put up a stinker and Urlacher to tackle everyone he sees

I'm OK with that if Thomas gets tons of yards and receptions and Urlacher tackles everyone else.

Look at last years game too.

Thomas 102 yards, 12 receptions 121 yards and a TD. Bush didn't play in that game though.

Edited by Randall

I have no doubt the Saints offense will be able to move the ball, especially in the short passing game. The big key will be if they can get PT rolling & not turn the ball over which is what cost them the conference championship in 06 & the game last year. Brees still is playing at his worst on the road this year where he is 10-7 in INT to TD ratio. With the weather being what it is I do expect this to be a similar game as the last 2 years. :wacko:

That is what I needed to hear rajn. Chicago's DEF has scored very good if not great points in both the games posted. I am hoping for a minimum of 7 points from the DEF, with an bigger upside. I know they won't shut them down.

the main risk you run is no turnovers, The Saints rarely allow sacks so if they can protect the ball this time out you might be in trouble.

rajn....theres little or no chance the Saints lean heavily on Bush and PT gets less touches than he's

been getting, right? They have to see that the guy is the real deal and continue to use him as they

have and goal line touches....They can't put Deuce back in there...right?...Payton worries me a bit.

As you can tell, I'm a bit concerned....only because with Jacobs potential injury/ no show on Sunday night,

I can't chance it, have to play PT Thur night in my first round...I hadn't started him before.

I'm in a situation where I may have to start 3 Saints, Colston, Shockey and PT....not to crazy about that.

rajn....theres little or no chance the Saints lean heavily on Bush and PT gets less touches than he's

been getting, right? They have to see that the guy is the real deal and continue to use him as they

have and goal line touches....They can't put Deuce back in there...right?...Payton worries me a bit.

As you can tell, I'm a bit concerned....only because with Jacobs potential injury/ no show on Sunday night,

I can't chance it, have to play PT Thur night in my first round...I hadn't started him before.

I'm in a situation where I may have to start 3 Saints, Colston, Shockey and PT....not to crazy about that.

I think you will see a repeat of the play-calling from the Atlanta game. Bush will get used a lot, but PT will get more carries. I would be comfortable starting either one & have both playing on different fantasy teams with other options available. I like Shockey and Colston as well... I was just telling a co-worker I think Colston's size & the slow field will play well to his abilities and the same goes for Shockey. The one thing I don't think we'll see as much of out of the Saints this week is the deep ball. I know the Saints believe they will win this game if they don't turn it over, so I would think we will see a lot of short, quick, inside routes being run. For Bush, Shockey & Colston that bodes well.

As for Deuce it's a bit of a curious situation. I'm almost certain he will get some carries because there has been a lot of talk about the Saints wanting to let him break the career 6,000 yd mark. I would expect to see him get a few short yardage carries, but likely not goal line. He's just not running with the power & "wiggle" that we are accustomed to anymore and as much as it pains me to say it, I think he's done.

I think you will see a repeat of the play-calling from the Atlanta game. Bush will get used a lot, but PT will get more carries. I would be comfortable starting either one & have both playing on different fantasy teams with other options available. I like Shockey and Colston as well... I was just telling a co-worker I think Colston's size & the slow field will play well to his abilities and the same goes for Shockey. The one thing I don't think we'll see as much of out of the Saints this week is the deep ball. I know the Saints believe they will win this game if they don't turn it over, so I would think we will see a lot of short, quick, inside routes being run. For Bush, Shockey & Colston that bodes well.

As for Deuce it's a bit of a curious situation. I'm almost certain he will get some carries because there has been a lot of talk about the Saints wanting to let him break the career 6,000 yd mark. I would expect to see him get a few short yardage carries, but likely not goal line. He's just not running with the power & "wiggle" that we are accustomed to anymore and as much as it pains me to say it, I think he's done.

I hope so. On one team I have PT, Colston and Shockey and am debating starting all 3. I could start Portis but even though he isn't on the injury report may go with PT.

Not looking for advice.

I hope so. On one team I have PT, Colston and Shockey and am debating starting all 3. I could start Portis but even though he isn't on the injury report may go with PT.

Not looking for advice.

No Lance Moore love in this thread? Don't you think what juice the CHI secondary has is used up on Colston, and Moore gets 1v1?

No Lance Moore love in this thread? Don't you think what juice the CHI secondary has is used up on Colston, and Moore gets 1v1?

Moore has been pretty quiet the past two games because the Saints have been trying to get Colston & Shockey more involved. I don't think the game plan will change that this week. He'll get some looks as well, but I expect him to have a much better game next week vs Detroit.

I know the Saints believe they will win this game if they don't turn it over, so I would think we will see a lot of short, quick, inside routes being run. For Bush, Shockey & Colston that bodes well.

Forgive me if my memory is bad, but wasn't it those "short, quick routes" that led to both late-game turnovers gainst the Bucs? Not sure why, but it appeared that the Tampa DBs read those routes cleanly, and jumped them with ease.

The Saints seem at their best when they can lengthen the field....then those underneath passes and teh running game can be taken advantage of.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Forgive me if my memory is bad, but wasn't it those "short, quick routes" that led to both late-game turnovers gainst the Bucs? Not sure why, but it appeared that the Tampa DBs read those routes cleanly, and jumped them with ease.

The Saints seem at their best when they can lengthen the field....then those underneath passes and teh running game can be taken advantage of.

Correct, but both of those were passes that Brees knew he should have never thrown in the first place. My point mainly is that I don't think the field conditions & weather will be conducive to a lot of the deep routes. They will take to long too develop on a sloppy field & I think the Saints will have a better chance taking shorter routes & breaking them for long gains. The Saints will certainly try to stretch the field as they always do, but I don't think that is where their success will come from.

Edited by rajncajn

Its from cbs but it cant hurt to read

News: Saints QB Drew Brees has thrown for 674 yards and five touchdowns in his last two games against the Bears, including the playoffs, but the Saints lost both times. That's because the Bears forced seven turnovers (three interceptions and four fumbles) and sacked Brees six times. "We've been very fortunate," Bears defensive coordinator Bob Babich said in the Daily Herald. "That's one way to slow them down is get some take-aways, and we've been able to cause some fumbles and get some picks, and we've had some sacks in the past." Brees threw for 320 yards, three touchdowns and two interceptions in a late-season game at Chicago last season.

Analysis: The Bears are No. 28 in pass defense, so Brees should have a chance to make plays this week. Consider him a No. 1 Fantasy option at Chicago.

PT versus the number one rusher in the NFL, who is out to prove he should have kept playing last week, AND is up against a porous D? I dunno...

PT is the hot hand.

Portis has had a scheduling murderers row in the past month. And has been injured. And is now missing almost half his OL.

Throw in the stakes of it being the 2nd week of FF playoffs and it's not such an easy decision.

My point mainly is that I don't think the field conditions & weather will be conducive to a lot of the deep routes. They will take to long to develop on a sloppy field

:wacko:

Weather for Chicago:

Today: Sun and clouds mixed. High near 30F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight: Variably cloudy with light snow flurries possible. Low 19F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph

Light winds, cold, but no slop. Field should be in excellent condition for a December game in Chicago.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi