[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you start Mr. Calvin Johnson?

FantasyDream

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Detroit News with a comment from RotoWorld.com...

The Detroit News considers Dan Orlovsky the Lions' "likely" starting QB for Week 15 against the Colts.

This could be ugly. Orlovsky, coming back from a fractured thumb on his throwing hand, struggled with his accuracy in Wednesday's practice. He reportedly made several overthrows and didn't complete the workout. Daunte Culpepper (shoulder) will likely be inactive. Clearly, Detroit is in no rush to get a healthy Drew Stanton playing time.

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

I guess the thing that scares me is if Culpepper can't play (never thought I'd say that). Detroit is on their 3rd QB and the 4th is a rookie who I believe is listed as questionable because of a concussion. Megatron is probably good enough to throw to himself....I just don't know. Its not the matchup that scares me necessarily. I just don't know about the QB. Hmmm....

Yea, I threw him back in my lineup. Playoff 2nd guessing can give you the ol' paralysis of analysis. I'll just have to live with the results. Orlovsky was playing well until he got hurt. Lets hope he has a decent grip and can throw at least one long accurate pass. If I remember the stat correctly, almost all the teams that were win less throughout the year have won their 15th game. Maybe there is a chance the Lions compete? I know that sounds crazy but it happens.

Edited by Square

Yea, I threw him back in my lineup. Playoff 2nd guessing can give you the ol' paralysis of analysis. I'll just have to live with the results. Orlovsky was playing well until he got hurt. Lets hope he has a decent grip and can throw at least one long accurate pass. If I remember the stat correctly, almost all the teams that were win less throughout the year have won their 15th game. Maybe there is a chance the Lions compete? I know that sounds crazy but it happens.

Even if you lose, you will know you played your best guys and NOT benched your best guys only to go off while on your bench. Every fantasy matchup leaves open "what if's" like i could have won "if" i picked up this kicker and played him over mine.

Short story.

2 years ago, I was in superbowl in my local. I had the choice...Tom Brady @ Jax (Jax was a top 5 Defense at the time) or Leinart vs rams/seattle/ some bum team. Well, I looked at my opponent's team, he had all studs projected to score a TON more then me. I got cute and played Leinart. He got hurt before halftime and put up 12 points while Brady put up 20. Needless to say, my opponent scored half of his projection...and the superbowl ended up TIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F me in the arse. The tiebreaker (we now use fractional points for yardage) was most TDs and he beat me. Point being...

Play your best guys

Edited by LayLow

Per CBS:

Lions' Johnson questionable for Sunday

Calvin Johnson, WR DET

News: Lions WR Calvin Johnson went through limited practice reps all week, including Friday, and is listed as questionable for the Week 15 game at Indianapolis.

Analysis: Johnson is still expected to play, but it won't hurt Fantasy owners to come up with a contingency plan in case he's made inactive. After all, from the Lions' perspective, they may not want to risk their star receiver getting hurt in a game that's pretty much meaningless and not a likely win. We'll be the first to know whether or not he'll be active this Sunday

Here's one way, the rest of your team takes a big crap at once.

M Barber, possibly out, likely limited

Ryan Torain/Peyton Hillis-IR

M Lynch, playing like crap and facing an angry Jets team

K Smith, nursing a bad groin, which in my experience means he's good for, at best, 2-3 series and then on the bench the rest of the day

Thank god for depth...

Looks like I'm trotting out:

T Jones

M Morris

Cal Johnson

Dre Johnson

Roddy White

Lets hope he has a decent grip and can throw at least one long accurate pass. If I remember the stat correctly, almost all the teams that were win less throughout the year have won their 15th game. Maybe there is a chance the Lions compete? I know that sounds crazy but it happens.

Some radio guy keeps saying hope is not a strategy. This decisions been tearing me up. Healthy quarterback and I'm running out Megatron. By the way, how'd he get that name? Anyway, Obviously he has the x2 talent, but can he really overcome this?

I'm going to bench him. I'll roll the dice with Welker, Bowe, and Walter.

Walter will probably suck it up today because it's been him and Johnson that I've been struggling with all week.

I'm doing the same. I think at this point Bowe is the safe pick with both having a great deal of upside.

I'm benching Lynch at my flex at stating Calvin....already got Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson, TO, & Bowe going. I hate Lynch & Calvin's match-ups this weekend, but I thnk Lynch is gonna stink it up worse...

As of now, that's precisely what I'm doing. Oddly enough, I also have TJ going. I wish my other RB was Chris Johnson, mind you. Marion Barber's injury was untimely to say the least. Believe it or not, I've got M. Morris in ahead of Lynch as well. Excuse me while I go slit my wrists.

What's worse, Screaming at the computer I can't believe I benched Calvin or I knew I should have went with the other guy (lets throw in A. Bryant)

I must say a healthy Orlovsky loves to throw to Calvin, but that thumb. Seriously, they can't make him start if he's terrible, can they.

The Lions other option is Drew Henson... :wacko:

And this is coming from a Wolverine who grew up in the town next to Henson.

Let's hope Orlovksy's thumb looks good... :D

Edited by splotchman

What's worse, Screaming at the computer I can't believe I benched Calvin or I knew I should have went with the other guy (lets throw in A. Bryant)

I must say a healthy Orlovsky loves to throw to Calvin, but that thumb. Seriously, they can't make him start if he's terrible, can they.

I'd say they're about equal this late in the season. :wacko: