[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As of now...In a keeper league

LayLow

In a keeper league if you had LT and could toss him back into the pot in favor of someone else...would you?

How this league works is you can keep someone or go into a pre-draft supplemental draft in which all players are available to you that have not been kept by other teams. I will be picking either at 7-10 spots for the regular draft as I have made the playoffs and the draft order is predetermined for playoff teams. As of now, where does LT stand?

I think it's game over. The downward spiral has begun. The natural progression of the stud feature back morphing into a fantasy football nightmare is underway. Stay away people, stay away.

Yeah...

here is probably what would happen.

Guys Kept:

A Peterson

M Turner

M Barber or Jacobs (one will be available)

Chris johnson

S Jackson

F Gore

M Forte

now the thing is...Westbrook may be in the pot, that may change some owners minds and they could say, drop Gore, Barber/Jacobs in order to get a shot at Westy.

I'd actually keep A.Johnson out of that group if it were me and try to get P.Thomas later.

Yeah. There will probably be better guys available like Jacobs, Westbrook or Turner, Slaton, MJD, etc. Then I could get AJ back in the 2nd round followed by pierre later.

LT is no longer a RB1 in my book. If I can get him as a RB2/Flex I would. No way am I spending auction $, draft picks or dynasty dollars to acquire him. If he comes cheap, I'd bite.

yup, to me he is a value pick, I'm not reaching for him under any circumstance

That is what I was thinking. Jacobs, Westy, Lynch, Grant....any of those guys worthy?

I wouldnt waste a 1st rounder on Jacobs, Lynch or Grant. Westy I might but its high risk high reward with him. He is getting up there in age but he still produces at a highlevel when he is playing.

• 2 weeks later...

Please take my "man-love" for LT into account when you read this. I do not know the skill level of your league or the scoring but here is a Charger fan's take on what happened to LT, and to an extent the Chargers this year.

The team's health going into camp and then into the season was in question. There were more long term lingering injuries than most outsiders knew or cared to understand about. As far as most in the football world were concerned, LT's sprained knee would be fine, Rivers' knee was the big question and who knew that Merriman was injured for the last few years and finally had to shut it down.

In reality, Gates could not go for much of camp, and started slow, and LT sprained his big toe in game one, an injury that I believe is still effecting him to an extent. The real issue that was not talked about was that Hardwick and McNiel, both pro-bowl quality O-linemen, were hurt as well. The O-line, never really had time to gell and get a flow going. Only now are they beginning to move people around. This, combined with LT being slowed and the injury to Gates, required that the Chargers retool their offensive identity on the fly. Rivers amazed everyone by beating the odds with his recovery and VJax emerged, along with the passing game to fill the void.

The other side of this coin is how crappy the D has played until recently. Not being able to get off the field has put them behind in games and in a few shoot outs. All of this forces a team to pass more, taking the luxury of getting the run game going out of the picture. As these areas get better and LT and the other skill guys all get healthy, the team seems to be peaking at the right time.

As for next year, barring any catastrophic beatings and/or injuries to the Chargers in the last game and maybe the playoffs, I see a much healthier and fresher team going into camp. All of this bodes well for LT and the Chargers. I was surpsed by the fact that LT actually passed 1000 yards last week against the Bucs. Here is what I expect:

1 - LT is aging. I think the biggest concern is injury, not performance. He is not the kid any more, but I still think he has enough jiggle to make folks miss. He will be rested more, but still be the feature back. The Chargers know they are a better team when they are running and that is Norv's focus as well. What you see right now from the Bolts is more out of necessity than choice. LT should have a better off season not having to worry about rehabbing a knee and can get the toe rested and healthy.

2 - They need to address Right Tackle. Clary is in over his head and has been a liability. Also, giving the line a camp to get in the flow of things should help them start the season off better. It has been a frustrating season for a line that likes to pound on people.

3 - Durability. LT has manned up for his whole carreer. He has played with seperated ribs and many other injuries that others would shut it down for. This is why I did not question him in the playoff game against the Pats. As he gets older, it is harder to stay healthy. Finding another guy like Turner to spell him and utilizing Sproles as they have, should help to keep him fresh. He takes great care of himself, but you can't ignore the age factor.

4 - Full Back! Lo Neal was missed. Tolbert had no idea who to block most of the time and could not spring LT into the second level where his jump cut would freeze people (the toe injury also took this away from him for most of this year as well). Hester has come in and is doing a much better job and is more versatile. As those two get to know what to look for in the running game as lead blockers, LT will not get hit at the LOS or in the backfield as much as he was this year.

5 - Defense. With Merriman returning and RIvera taking over the scheming and play calling, the defense should get many more stops and TOs next year. This will give the offense a chance to get up and burn the clock more than they did this year. The Bolts are a better team beating people 24-13 than when they are trying to win the 38-39 ball games.

Even under Marty, this team almost always seemed to get a feeling in the first half and turn it on in the second. There is too much parity in the NFL now to do that and they need to play a full 60. I think there was a misplaced arrogance that the team had at the beginning of the year. Swagger is one thing, but they seemed like they were acting entitled to a playoff spot without earning it. This year has taught them some humility and they should be better for it next year (and this year if they advance).

LT will be a top 10, maybe a top 5 back next year, barring injury. The team will re-focus more on ball control and look more like the team from last year. With Rivers maturing into a quality NFL QB and having VJax, Gates, Floyd, Naanee and Chambers to throw to, it will be much harder to stack the box against LT than in the past. The defense will improve with RIvera starting from day one and the return of Merriman. This too should help his production when the above issues are resolved. I don't see LT running for 1,500 anymore, but will probably for the next few years be more of a Marshall Faulk type producer toward the end of his career. Still involved in the passing game and get a good load of the ground work. I do think that he could be good for about 1,500 total yards from LOS and 12- 15 TDs, if things return to normal. Norv himself is not real comfortable being a pass first team, so I think you will see an attempt to get back to that balance. Look at what he did for Emmit and Gore.

I wouldn't draft him high in a new dynasty league, but in a modified re-draft like yours, I think you could be pleasantly rewarded by holding him for another year (maybe two).

Hope this helped! :wacko: