[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Cassel a must start?

tazinib1

First off, I'm not trying to diminish the scope of the situation here. My feelings go out to Matt and his family. Losing a family member, especially ones father, is a traumatic experience. My heart felt condolences to Matt and his family.

Ok...remember Brett after his father passed? I like it from a FF perspective. I wish I had him on my team cause he could be a MONSTER start this weekend. And isnt' it odd that both Cassel and Favre face the Raiders during this time? Hmmmmm :wacko:

I'm trying to decide between starting Cassel or Matt Ryan this week and I have to admit to having the same thought as you. Here's why I decided against Cassel.

He's not Favre. At the time Favre played Oakland he had been in the league for many years. He knew his offense inside and out. Cassel does not. He can ill afford to miss even one day of practice or have any distractions.

The Oakland secondary this year is pretty decent. I believe that they are in the top ten in pass defense.

Sure, Karma could strike again. But, most signs point to a weary, sad, somewhat inexperienced QB facing an above average pass D. And, if I were the Pats, I would be running the ball. I also expect them to get a fairly early lead and not have to throw.

On balance, there's more down side to me.