[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A. Rodgers

Front Row

Shoulda kept Favre ?

What say you now?

Rodgers' stats are right in line with the Favre "coulda been MVP" from last season, with the exception of a notably higher sack %.

Against Carolina, Rodgers led the team back from 11 down to take the lead TWICE in the 4th. Against Houston, Rodgers led the team to a lead and a tie in the 4th. Today Rodgers led them to a 2-pt lead with 6 minutes left.

It's troubling that he can't close the deal, but it isn't as if he's completely crapping games away in the 4th. He puts the team in position to win and the def (and ST vs Car) have failed to hold up their end when it counts.

On the list of problems Green Bay has, the QB position shouldn't even be mentioned.

Yeah, it was all Rodgers fault. Not the lousy line play or the 3rd down defense or the fact that we just got abused by Jax receivers. Favre didn't win the game for his team and he didn't have to, because he has a defense to help him out.

I didn't even realize Jax had receivers up until today. GB defense made them look like they had TO and Randy Moss on their team.

I didn't even realize Jax had receivers up until today. GB defense made them look like they had TO and Randy Moss on their team.

Yeah, the D has a day where they are credible in a run only to get carved up by the previously non-existent "Air Del Rio" offense.

:wacko:

What a bonehead thread. I'll bet you whatever you'd like that Rodgers puts up better stats than Favre for the next 10 years.

+1

As a Vikings fan, I naturally have a healthy distaste for anything Packers. That said, I do applaud the way they handled the situation. Favre told them he was done. He cried and said it was over. The organization moved on and handed the keys to Rodgers as they should have. When Favre changed his mind, they still stuck with Rodgers which showed they were not going to let any one player (even a legend) dictate to them how they were going to run their team. I liked it, and I wish more organizations would start showing some of these athletes who is boss.

BF and AR are different players at different points in their careers. Its not fair to constantly compare the two. Doesnt tell us anything and quite frankly its annoying.

+1

As a Vikings fan, I naturally have a healthy distaste for anything Packers. That said, I do applaud the way they handled the situation. Favre told them he was done. He cried and said it was over. The organization moved on and handed the keys to Rodgers as they should have. When Favre changed his mind, they still stuck with Rodgers which showed they were not going to let any one player (even a legend) dictate to them how they were going to run their team. I liked it, and I wish more organizations would start showing some of these athletes who is boss.

BF and AR are different players at different points in their careers. Its not fair to constantly compare the two. Doesnt tell us anything and quite frankly its annoying.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with a Vikings fan, but well said.

I'm ecstatic with Aaron Rodgers first year as a starter. He's proven that he belongs. I honestly believe that if Favre was leading this years team, we have a quarterback throwing 20 something INT's at this point.

Rodgers is playing on a team that isn't blocking anything, is nearly inept at running and commits penalties more than almost any team in the league.

I'm not saying that the Packers should have 10+ wins, but they've loss 5 games by four points or less. Rodgers more times than not has given the defense the lead in the fourth, but the defense hasn't stepped up. We've lost our best Defensive lineman imo in Cullen Jenkins, and the heart of our defense in Nick Barnett. Since the Barnett injury the defense has been gashed deep regularly, and lost any confidence they had going built up.

The packers passing game is the only facet of the team that I feel hasn't taken a step back this year...

Will Blackmon, while he's had some highlight reel returns, also has a knack for returning balls that he shouldn't, and once or twice a game doesn't cross the 15 yard line. Field position is hugh, and this year, Green Bay hasn't had it.

Ryan Grant hasn't been able to establish himself anywhere near what he was last season. Sure, plenty of it is from the offensive lines deteroration, but I think a lot of it is Grant's fault. I think his vision is less than good, and he doesn't make defenders miss, nor break tackles.

The offensive line has changed it's philosophy from blocking to mimicking turnstiles, and are so eager to show there new turnstile scheme that they jump the gun, getting themselves several false start penalties.

The D Line is getting little penetration and opposing offenses have been able to do what the want. I'll go ahead and admit that Ted Thompson is capable of making a mistake, who happens to be named Justin Harrell.

You find me a quarterback who is doing what Rodgers is doing while playing on a team that is near the top in penalties commited, who's runningback is averaging 3.8 yards a carry and defense that is giving up 24+ points per game. He's plus 11 TD/INT ratio and does more than what's expected of him... I don't know what people were expecting from a guy his first year starting, but I'm more than happy with his performance this season...

Dropping to 5-9, I suppose it's time to start looking at the draft... :wacko:

+1 Hopefully Day 1 will be spent on linemen. The way we're headed, we could be in a position to grab a guy like Eugene Monroe or Brian Orakpo.

We could go a few different ways... O Line, D Line, or maybe even runningback... I wouldn't be opposed to going OLine and getting Oher, depending where we pick at. I'm not too keen on Orakpo, just because players coming out from UT seem to be headcases.

+1 Hopefully Day 1 will be spent on linemen. The way we're headed, we could be in a position to grab a guy like Eugene Monroe or Brian Orakpo.

Keep winning Brett. An extra 1st round pick spent on an O or D lineman will be sweet.

I FORGOT TO ASK YOU WHAT YOU WANTED FOR X-MAS PIRATESOWNNINJAS?!?!

A HIGH DRAFT PICK?!

THAT'S ONE CONSIDERATION, WHAT ELSE??

:D

1. Caps lock. Relocate it.

2. The problems with this team will be corrected. Go ahead and try and kick packers fans when they're down. Just remember, you've got the team that has all the super bowl rings...

Which means TT will take a LB. :wacko:

I honest to god was coming back to this thread to post that exact same thing... Except he'll trade down 2-3 times first.

I've heard Oher is a bit soft and doesn't like to work.

He's looked very good in the games that I've seen him play in... I don't know about his work ethic, but I like what I've seen. Either way I think tackle is something Ted is going to have to address. Clifton is a shell of his former self and I don't think Daryn is going to strike fear into the hearts of anyone if he moves out to tackle.

If I was to be honest as to who I would want to most in the draft, it would be Chris Wells... But I'm a massive Grant detractor.

I think tackle is something Ted is going to have to address. Clifton is a shell of his former self and I don't think Daryn is going to strike fear into the hearts of anyone if he moves out to tackle.

Clifton and Tausch might be gone.

Really, from what I've seen of Colledge at LT, he looks like a better fit there than at LG. I don't know that Clifton "strikes fear" in anyone; LTs aren't there to be maulers, they're there to neutralize pass rushers. Moll seemed decent at RT. We'll see.

If I was to be honest as to who I would want to most in the draft, it would be Chris Wells... But I'm a massive Grant detractor.

Eh, considering he battled a gimpy hammy for the first month and a half and has been victimized by a coach who completely forgets about the run game for long stretches, Grant's 1200 yd pace is OK. He isn't a "special" back, but there aren't many of those.

Clifton and Tausch might be gone.

Really, from what I've seen of Colledge at LT, he looks like a better fit there than at LG. I don't know that Clifton "strikes fear" in anyone; LTs aren't there to be maulers, they're there to neutralize pass rushers. Moll seemed decent at RT. We'll see.

Eh, considering he battled a gimpy hammy for the first month and a half and has been victimized by a coach who completely forgets about the run game for long stretches, Grant's 1200 yd pace is OK. He isn't a "special" back, but there aren't many of those.

Clifton use to be someone that DLines feared and respected... He's wearing down to the point where he's an average tackle. We've got to have someone to watch Rodgers blindside in this division.

As far as Grant goes, he's going to get well over 300 carries this year and as of right now he's at 3.8 YAC which doesn't cut it. He doesn't make anyone miss, he doesn't break tackles, he doesn't cutback... He's a very run of the mill back to me. I think Beanie Wells could do great things in this offense... Doesn't matter though, as Ted will draft guys 20 spots earlier than what the experts project, nearly all of us will be pissed and then a few months later admit we were wrong... ie Greg Jennings.

Clifton use to be someone that DLines feared and respected... He's wearing down to the point where he's an average tackle. We've got to have someone to watch Rodgers blindside in this division.

I don't know that Clifton had the nasty dominance to be feared. But I'm pretty sure most DEs knew they had an all-day sucker when the played GB.

As far as Grant goes, he's going to get well over 300 carries this year and as of right now he's at 3.8 YAC which doesn't cut it. He doesn't make anyone miss, he doesn't break tackles, he doesn't cutback... He's a very run of the mill back to me. I think Beanie Wells could do great things in this offense...

3.8 is my personal Mendoza line for RBs - the bare minimum of acceptable. I think he's a B-/C+ starter - can certainly be improved but he's the kinda back you hate until you don't have one like him.

Doesn't matter though, as Ted will draft guys 20 spots earlier than what the experts project, nearly all of us will be pissed and then a few months later admit we were wrong... ie Greg Jennings.

:wacko: So true....