[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And So It Ends......

jaxfactor

My nightmare season looks like it's over. Out of 6 FF teams, my hopes rested on my local IDP keeper league where I was the #1 seed and 12-2 going into this week. Thanks to P. Thomas, A. Johnson, A. Bryant, R. Bironas, etc I am getting pasted 174+ to 94+. :D Looks like my TD-only league is my last shot(no playoffs) but even then I'm hanging by a thread for a $ spot. If Warner wakes up, I'll have a shot. If not, :wacko: My worst ever FF season comes to an end. 0 for 6. It sounds horrible, but it feels even worse. But I'll be back for more torture next year and I'll be ready to go to war. :D

For those newbies on this site that didn't have things go their way:

Don't blame this site whatever you do. This site is Da Bomb when it comes to FF sites. Bottom line is you control your team. Sometimes things happen that you can't control. I have been very competitive in the past and alot of that has to do with the awesome reports on this site. I salute DMD and WW for putting together the best FF website on the planet. I also salute the guys that take the time to do their articles as it IS very informativew and I don't know where I'd be without it. My first year on this site I went 3 for 3 and won all my championships. This year it didn't work out that great but I have no one to blame but myself. So hang in there and come back next year. If you hang out here, you'll be head and shoulders above everyone else in your league, I guarantee it.

Good luck to all of you who are still alive and for those who aren't like myself, enjoy the rest of the football season and let this give you more incentive to kick some ass next year. I know I'm ready.

Get ready for Baseball

Did baseball one year. Too time consuming and if you're not around every single night to make moves, you're done. I was invited to Huddle On the Puddle this year so hockey(my 2nd favorite sport) is my remaining outlet. So far, I love it.

Needed to make a call on Thursday to start Thomas and/or Bush and to sit Gore. A lot of bright minds told me to start Thomas/Bush, and I didn't. Started Bush and Gore, and had to pull Gore today for a bad WR option. That alone won't be the difference, but making it to the Championship of Primetime two years in a row, I'd like to have made a better effort this year. If things go my way, I'll be alive in my local, but still never a champ here in any BOTH league. Sucks.

In my local I was done after going 0-6 to open the season :wacko:

In F-OFF I was done two weeks ago when my son defeated me for his first time ever to knock me out of the playoffs.

In Hannibals I made the playoffs but washed out to Rhino in the first week

In CORE I can't seem to defeat DMD (he is the anti-Christ) so despite making the playoffs I'm done

In HEFFA as of this momemt I am still alive ... but I think I am skating on very thin ice

So this year I won't be going to a SB, but my son will represent in NMFL.

Needed to make a call on Thursday to start Thomas and/or Bush and to sit Gore. A lot of bright minds told me to start Thomas/Bush, and I didn't. Started Bush and Gore, and had to pull Gore today for a bad WR option. That alone won't be the difference, but making it to the Championship of Primetime two years in a row, I'd like to have made a better effort this year. If things go my way, I'll be alive in my local, but still never a champ here in any BOTH league. Sucks.

Although I got lucky, I won my first BOTH league last year. Never got paid though. I love the competition of BOTH leagues which is why I joined 3 this year. Losing gives me motivation. I'm not a quitter and I'll be brack with a vengeance next year.

I'll congratulate the guy who beat me in my local IDP. Hell, he deserved it. His players went off and mine didn't ,end of story. Sometimes the guy who should win doesn't. That's FF and that's the breaks.

I'm done in my local as of today unless TO puts up ~25 fantasy points tonite ... but if I have to lose, at least it will be to a guy who has been in the league since day one (14 years) and has not won the Super Bowl since the initial season ... so he's paid his dues & deserves a shot at the trophy ... and was smart enough to not bench A. Johnson today, despite various projections seen on the internet. Will finish in the top half of my cumulative scoring league most likely, but not a good year, not sure what I was thinking with a couple of draft picks in that one. Still alive in my BOTH league, although that game is still very much up in the air.

Edited by ts

Two leagues. Out last week in one, didn't make the playoffs with a bad loss.

The other (team below) blew its wad last week in a meaningless game and couldn't muster enough points this week for a win to go to the finals.

Its offically all over, and I'm already preparing for drafting next year.

Also, looking foward to playing playoff ffb.

Edited by heehawks