[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NFL has it both ways ...

Grits and Shins

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Incorrect.

The camera angle you saw was not right on the goal line.

You can't tell from any of the angles shown on television if the ball was over the goal line when the receiver obtained possession of the ball.

Inconclusive evidence. By rule, the ruling on the field stands.

Unless you're the Steelers, of course.

I recorded the game. It was on CBS here on Long Island, and I always record games. I saw every angle there was to see. There WAS indeed a goal line angle. Maybe you were four beers past being coherent at the time? No goal line angle? lol, yea, sure Vet. How much you lose on this game?

Inside the goal line, possession is established once both feet come down and the ball is secure. That happened long before he pulled the ball into his body. Now, had he bobbled it after that point, it could have been ruled incomplete or complete, but outside of the end zone.

The goal line angle has to be observed along with the sideline (around midfield?) angle to actually see when he had possession. If you look at both replays, at the same time on a split screen, it becomes pretty clear that the tail end of the ball was still touching the goal line at the moment he secured the ball with his hands and his second foot hit the turf. I saw possession and the nose of the ball over the goal line.

Was it indispuatable? Almost.... about 99.9% to my eyes. Is any play ever 100% indisputable? Rarely. Truth is, I actually don't care much about it either way. Just sayin I saw it the same way the ref did. I would have over turned it too. :wacko:

I recorded the game. It was on CBS here on Long Island, and I always record games. I saw every angle there was to see. There WAS indeed a goal line angle. Maybe you were four beers past being coherent at the time? No goal line angle? lol, yea, sure Vet. How much you lose on this game?

Inside the goal line, possession is established once both feet come down and the ball is secure. That happened long before he pulled the ball into his body. Now, had he bobbled it after that point, it could have been ruled incomplete or complete, but outside of the end zone.

The goal line angle has to be observed along with the sideline (around midfield?) angle to actually see when he had possession. If you look at both replays, at the same time on a split screen, it becomes pretty clear that the tail end of the ball was still touching the goal line at the moment he secured the ball with his hands and his second foot hit the turf. I saw possession and the nose of the ball over the goal line.

Was it indispuatable? Almost.... about 99.9% to my eyes. Is any play ever 100% indisputable? Rarely. Truth is, I actually don't care much about it either way. Just sayin I saw it the same way the ref did. I would have over turned it too. :wacko:

Incorrect.

No goal line angle. The camera was on the cart a few yards up the field.

You're wrong. You can write a lot of words and pretend you're right and include cure little emoticons, but you're wrong.

I simply fail to see how you saw indisputable evidence. The fact that it is so wide debated today shows that many people did NOT, including myself. I'd say the wide debate over the call tends to lead one to believe the call isn't as cut and dried as you'd like to make it out to be.