[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss without Brady

WaterMan

Same old argument...look how many QB's Moss played under and made them look good...

Brad Johnson

Randal Cunningham

Gus Freotte

Duante Culpepper

Kerry Collins

Tom Brady

Matt Cassel

Brady was a HOF QB before Moss came along. But putting a HOF QB and a HOF WR together gets you the season they had last year. JMO.

there's some talk around these parts of franchising Cassel (probly about 14mil) for the one year

to see how Brady bounces back....

not saying it would be fair to Matt, but it makes some sense.

I heard talk about that a couple months ago. Anything is possible, but I cant see them dumping that much in to him if Brady is anywhere NEAR ready. If Brady doesnt startthe season, he should be back soon thereafter.

I heard talk about that a couple months ago. Anything is possible, but I cant see them dumping that much in to him if Brady is anywhere NEAR ready. If Brady doesnt startthe season, he should be back soon thereafter.

Brady's done.

But no matter. When a team cheats, it doesn't matter who their quarterback is. They're going to do allright regardless.

This year exemplifies that.

i honestly don't think they have made any decision yet.

some would say,' what do you mean? we're talking about Tom Brady here.'

true, but Tom Brady and a new knee. so this leaves the question open.

peep, what you say in the last sentence makes it a bit risky for the Patriots.

'anywhere near' and 'back soon thereafter' are two hugh open ended questions.

if either of those were to occur, do you risk letting Cassell go and starting O'Connell?

thats a big risk to take.

i dunno when that decision needs to be made on Cassel, (date) but i think it will be long before

they have a clear answer on Brady's condition.

there's some talk around these parts of franchising Cassel (probly about 14mil) for the one year

to see how Brady bounces back....

not saying it would be fair to Matt, but it makes some sense.

fair to Matt? yea im sure he would love to be "the man" for some football team for years to come, but im pretty sure he would get a job 2 years from now with as well as he has played. why not take a guaronteed 14 million to stash away in the mean time for doing absolutely nothing.

i honestly don't think they have made any decision yet.

some would say,' what do you mean? we're talking about Tom Brady here.'

true, but Tom Brady and a new knee. so this leaves the question open.

peep, what you say in the last sentence makes it a bit risky for the Patriots.

'anywhere near' and 'back soon thereafter' are two hugh open ended questions.

if either of those were to occur, do you risk letting Cassell go and starting O'Connell?

thats a big risk to take.

i dunno when that decision needs to be made on Cassel, (date) but i think it will be long before

they have a clear answer on Brady's condition.

Its definitely risky, but they should get an idea of his recovery way before they have to sign Cassell. At least I think so...

fair to Matt? yea im sure he would love to be "the man" for some football team for years to come, but im pretty sure he would get a job 2 years from now with as well as he has played. why not take a guaronteed 14 million to stash away in the mean time for doing absolutely nothing.

it wouldn't be for doing absolutely nothing if Brady can't play....or even start the season late.

Its definitely risky, but they should get an idea of his recovery way before they have to sign Cassell. At least I think so...

this i'm not sure of either

it wouldn't be for doing absolutely nothing if Brady can't play....or even start the season late.

this i'm not sure of either

Well, the SB isnt until Feb., so that alone is a good 3 months. Then the draft in April, is what, 5 months from now? That puts him at about 8-9 months from the time he was injured. I dont know the date they have to have declared franchise players though...

Paging Big John...

Well, the SB isnt until Feb., so that alone is a good 3 months. Then the draft in April, is what, 5 months from now? That puts him at about 8-9 months from the time he was injured. I dont know the date they have to have declared franchise players though...

Paging Big John...

I think they have to sign or franchise him by March 1st, or he becomes a free agent.

If they franchise him, they'd obviously have $14 million less under the cap with which to address other positions. Not to mention he's be making about $3.5 million more than Tom Brady.

I can't think of any other team out there that has $25 million tied up at the QB position, so I don't see that happening.

I think they'll offer him a 3 year, $15 million deal and it will be up to him if he wants to take it or become a free agent.

He reminds me of Frank Reich.

Paging Big John...

In mid-late February. Was February 21 in 2008.