[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beating the Commish

Vet

Is there anything better than beating the Commish?

I faced the Commish in a playoff game yesterday. He was the #1 seed, I was the #4 seed. He was active on e-mail and IM yesterday, communicating with the whole league, giving updates, just being a pleasant fellow.

That was until Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams took the field for me.

Now, he's unreachable. Won't pick up his cell phone, won't respond to text messages, won't answer e-mails, nowhere to be found on IM.

I love it.

So you take pleasure in beating the guy who makes the league possible, organizing the draft, helping make sure the league runs smoothly, is trusted with the money, etc?

Classy.

+1....commish is pretty much a thankless job year end and year out...and if we commish's ever do win - cool...maybe Vet's commish is a real bozo though?

KO'd

I kinda feel it is one of my jobs as a commissioner to be the bad guy or lightning rod. Of course you have to be good to be hated. Nobody hates the Detroit Lions. 'Cept their fans.

I sorta get a kick out of it. If it's good natured and doesn't somehow call into questions my ethics or rulings. However that may happen.

So you take pleasure in beating the guy who makes the league possible, organizing the draft, helping make sure the league runs smoothly, is trusted with the money, etc?

Classy.

My main local league rotates the commish every year. Basically, if you win the SB than you are next year's commish. So when you do beat the commish you are also taking out the defending champ. Fortunately, I'm the commish this year and I'm in the Super bowl so hopefully I won't have to worry about it. :wacko: