[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprised this isn't posted

Hat Trick

Chiefs GM Carl Peterson resigns

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

More News

Chiefs GM Carl Peterson resignsOklahoma's Sam Bradford wins Heisman TrophyBradford wins 2008 Heisman TrophyColon powers Kansas State to 74-55 win over Southern MississippiChiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson resigned today effective at the end of the season.

“On behalf of my family and the entire Kansas City Chiefs organization, I want to thank Carl for his two decades of service to the Chiefs,” Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said. “Both Carl and I agreed that immediately initiating the search for the next Chiefs general manager would be the best thing for the future of the organization, and he will be resigning following the 2008 season.’’

Hunt said the search for a new general manager will begin immediately. Vice President Denny Thum will serve as the Chiefs' interim president and general manager.

WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

O.

:wacko::D:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As soon as Muck gets here you guys will have a quarum. LOL

I was going to mention CD but he was posting the same time I was.

Those Skins are dominating every year. :wacko: We'll be back, we have a young and promising team for once.

Chiefs GM Carl Peterson resigns

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

More News

Chiefs GM Carl Peterson resignsOklahoma's Sam Bradford wins Heisman TrophyBradford wins 2008 Heisman TrophyColon powers Kansas State to 74-55 win over Southern MississippiChiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson resigned today effective at the end of the season.

“On behalf of my family and the entire Kansas City Chiefs organization, I want to thank Carl for his two decades of service to the Chiefs,” Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said. “Both Carl and I agreed that immediately initiating the search for the next Chiefs general manager would be the best thing for the future of the organization, and he will be resigning following the 2008 season.’’

Hunt said the search for a new general manager will begin immediately. Vice President Denny Thum will serve as the Chiefs' interim president and general manager.

Subliminal message?

Those Skins are dominating every year. :wacko: We'll be back, we have a young and promising team for once.

Yes you do. If you only had a coach you would be a very interesting team.

Oh, and the 'Skins are getting it together... we will be a real tough game next year for sure. :D

Congrats to the Chiefs for making a turn for the better.

Yes you do. If you only had a coach you would be a very interesting team.

Oh, and the 'Skins are getting it together... we will be a real tough game next year for sure. :wacko:

Congrats to the Chiefs for making a turn for the better.

Herm is CP's boy. Without CP around maybe we will get lucky and Herm will get canned.

If you have a young and promising team why are you so mad at the GM? Did he not help acquire the young promising talent?

Well I'll bite on this soft ball.

He has been in power for nearly 20 years and has not won a playoff game for this organization since 1993. When he was hired he had a 5 year SB plan. He's been around far too long with little results. He changed KC Football and brought it back to respectability, but he never delivered. He has wronged more players than I can type but some you might have heard of are John Tait, Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez. He's been around longer than some of our young fan base has been alive, since before Bush senior took office. Kansas City fans are as passoniate as any others out there, but when we do not get results from our teams, we expect results or you must go. We're frustrated and fed up and all those failures over the years and it all comes back to him and his coaches, his players, his scout team, the whole lot. Throw out the last two drafts because generally you see those results in 3-5 years. So from 2000 to 2006 the Chiefs have drafted 48 players I believe, 32 of them do not even play in the NFL. Three of those players are on the team right now and one is a punter! 13 of those 48 players made some contribution and there were only a handful of pro bowl players drafted. I could go farther back if you like but the track record of recent has been terrible. Marty and Carl were a good duo and when that failed and broke down a new direction of suck continued with a couple of good Vermeil years thrown in with FA players. The whole issue comes down to drafting good talent and putting that talent to wins and that hasn't happened in KC and when it has Carl has had bad relationsships with those players. The king has been dethrowned, FINALLY! Bring on the future of this team and organization.

Well I'll bite on this soft ball.

He has been in power for nearly 20 years and has not won a playoff game for this organization since 1993. When he was hired he had a 5 year SB plan. He's been around far too long with little results. He changed KC Football and brought it back to respectability, but he never delivered. He has wronged more players than I can type but some you might have heard of are John Tait, Jared Allen and Tony Gonzalez. He's been around longer than some of our young fan base has been alive, since before Bush senior took office. Kansas City fans are as passoniate as any others out there, but when we do not get results from our teams, we expect results or you must go. We're frustrated and fed up and all those failures over the years and it all comes back to him and his coaches, his players, his scout team, the whole lot. Throw out the last two drafts because generally you see those results in 3-5 years. So from 2000 to 2006 the Chiefs have drafted 48 players I believe, 32 of them do not even play in the NFL. Three of those players are on the team right now and one is a punter! 13 of those 48 players made some contribution and there were only a handful of pro bowl players drafted. I could go farther back if you like but the track record of recent has been terrible. Marty and Carl were a good duo and when that failed and broke down a new direction of suck continued with a couple of good Vermeil years thrown in with FA players. The whole issue comes down to drafting good talent and putting that talent to wins and that hasn't happened in KC and when it has Carl has had bad relationsships with those players. The king has been dethrowned, FINALLY! Bring on the future of this team and organization.

That pretty much sums it up. Well done HT.

As soon as Muck gets here you guys will have a quarum. LOL

Quorum.

Is Muck busy helping Carl move out of his office? :wacko:

Yes. I was busy taking cardboard boxes up there...sorry I missed this.

If you have a young and promising team why are you so mad at the GM? Did he not help acquire the young promising talent?

Some time ago, I actually went back and looked at every pick Peterson has been in charge of for 20yrs; IIRC, there were two HOF draft picks (Gonzo and Shields) and about a half-dozen other all-pro / pro-bowl caliber players acquired by the Chiefs via the draft. So, in other words, he picked an 'impact player' about once every three drafts.