[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad weather games this week

LayLow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sunday in new england.....

snow in the morning changing to sleet and freezing rain then to all rain.

so with a 1 pm start it's anybodys guess what will be falling and when.

it will be a mess.

not that it matters, but we're getting a foot or more of snow now and thru tonight....

sunday in new england.....

snow in the morning changing to sleet and freezing rain then to all rain.

so with a 1 pm start it's anybodys guess what will be falling and when.

it will be a mess.

not that it matters, but we're getting a foot or more of snow now and thru tonight....

Here in PA very wet rain, earlier it was freezing rain. Supposed to snow at some point. I'm cold :wacko:

Edited by LayLow

an update from the National Weather Service for Foxboro......

NWS Forecast for: Foxboro MA

Issued by: National Weather Service Taunton, MA

Last Update: 9:27 pm EST Dec 19, 2008 Print

Overnight: Snow, mainly before 2am. Low around 17. Northeast wind between 15 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow, mainly before 9am. High near 21. North wind between 8 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 17. Northeast wind between 8 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow before 4pm, then rain and snow. High near 35. East wind between 11 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain, possibly mixing with snow after 8pm, then gradually ending. Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Breezy, with a south wind 18 to 23 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Monday: Mostly sunny and breezy, with a high near 22.

Question about KC game. What wind mph will affect the QB's and WR's?

They are predicting 19 mph NW at http://www.wunderground.com/sports/NFL/hom...l?st=1229868000

I just looked on Yahoo, and it says right now KC is under a SEVERE WIND CHILL ADVISORY.

A wind chill advisory means that very cold air and strong winds will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors...make sure you wear a hat and gloves.

http://weather.yahoo.com/Kansas-City-Kansa...8/forecast.html

I thought I seen that the Seattle whether was supposed to be pretty good considering it is Seattle some snow but the main thing is the wind will be not much of a factor which I think is the biggest thing for the whether concerns.

Seattle

Tomorrow: Snow during the morning will give way to a mixture of rain and snow during the afternoon. High 36F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches.

I remember last year when the Pitt/Jax game was supposed to be very windy and a snow storm so I benched Roethlisberger at the last 2nd to play Favre who was at StL in a dome vs an easy DF....end result...Roeth 3 TD's and Favre 1 TD.

So you just really never know.

I wonder when the Falcons arrived into MSP? The weather sucked today. I sometimes wish we had an outdoor stadium so we would have homefield advantage. Imagine play football in this crap:

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST SUNDAY.

SNOW...MODERATE AT TIMES...WILL SLOWLY TAPER TO LIGHT SNOW...AND

THEN END FROM WEST TO EAST...AS THE EVENING CONTINUES. ANOTHER 1

OR 2 INCHES IS EXPECTED IN CENTRAL WISCONSIN...WITH LIGHTER

ACCUMULATIONS EXPECTED CLOSER TO THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER THIS

EVENING. TOTAL SNOWFALL SHOULD RANGE FROM 4 TO 7 INCHES ROUGHLY

NEAR AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 90...WITH LESSER AMOUNTS SOUTH.

STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS GUSTING TO 30 MPH WILL PLUMMET TEMPERATURES

INTO THE SINGLE DIGITS ALONG THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER BY EARLY

EVENING...AND CENTRAL WISCONSIN BY MIDNIGHT. WIND CHILLS WILL DROP

INTO THE TEENS BELOW ZERO. THE WINDS WILL ALSO PRODUCE AREAS OF

SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW THIS EVENING THROUGH SUNDAY.

OPEN OR FLAT AREAS MAY EVEN EXPERIENCE VERY LOW VISIBILITIES AT

TIMES AND DEEP DRIFTING ACROSS ROADS. THESE CONDITIONS WILL

PERSIST THROUGH SUNDAY.

DUE TO THE SNOW...AND BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW THIS EVENING

THROUGH SUNDAY....TRAVEL IS DISCOURAGED. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...BE

PREPARED AND BRING EXTRA FOOD...BLANKETS...AND A CELL PHONE.

More to the point here, lets discuss the giants panthers game. With heavy winds and maybe some rain, who does it help more?

I live about 20 minutes from the stadium. We got about 10" yesterday and overnight we had about 5-6 more. It seems to be slowing down a lot right now though.

thanks Randall.....my mistake on the Buffalo game. Looks to be sunny and cold in Denver....

Snowing in Foxboro now and will continue threw most of the game. 3 - 5 inches expected.

Might change to some sleet or rain by the end of the game (2nd half?)

Winds in the low 20's

Hopefully the Pats lean on the running game and warner has problems throwing to fitz

Carolina Panthers vs. New York Giants game

• # Today: Rain. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
  • # Tonight: Windy with partly cloudy skies. Low 16F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNY0996.html

This doesn't look good for Steve Smith (CAR) does it? Those are pretty high winds. Do I dare sit him?

Edited by electricrelish

Carolina Panthers vs. New York Giants game

• # Today: Rain. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

• # Tonight: Windy with partly cloudy skies. Low 16F. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNY0996.html

This doesn't look good for Steve Smith (CAR) does it? Those are pretty high winds. Do I dare sit him?

I'm thinking of starting A. Bryant ahead of him. Smith gets a lot of yards on long passes that just won't be there tonight in that weather. But the minute I sit him, he'll take a flat pass and go 70 yds....I'm still on the fence.