[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre the Great

T-Scorp

I would bet Randall or any of the other true Packer fans could comment on this but this Packer team has some issues well beyond the QB spot, where Aaron Rodgers has performed quite well and is statistically better than Favre. These issue have led to their 5-9 record and a lot of the Jets off-season moves have helped to their nice record. Put Favre back on this Packer team and they are not too much better in my humble Wisconsin resident/non-Packer fan opinion.

Sure Favre still has some magic but we're building for the future and a 1st or 2nd round pick(from the Jets) for Brett will be welcome. I hope they use their picks on offensive and defensive linemen.

This year the biggest problem has been the porous run defense.

Can Favre play defensive tackle or LB?

Favre is 39

Rodgers 24.

They are not a Super Bowl team yet. Maybe in a few years.

Sure Favre still has some magic but we're building for the future and a 1st or 2nd round pick(from the Jets) for Brett will be welcome. I hope they use their picks on offensive and defensive linemen.

This year the biggest problem has been the porous run defense.

Can Favre play defensive tackle or LB?

Favre is 39

Rodgers 24.

They are not a Super Bowl team yet. Maybe in a few years.

As if on cue...

From a Jets fan perspective... I'm not sure the Jets record would have been any worse with Pennington this year.

In the second half against Buffalo, Favre was worse than bad, he was awful. In his post game presser, he talked about his second INT (he leads the league in INTS) he said he might not have the arm strength he used to have. In that second half, he was as inaccurate as any QB I can recall watching. He's been underthrowing the deep routes, and flat out missing open recievers. This is not the Brett Favre from the glory days with the Packers.

This has been a hot topic on NY sprts radio. Some pundits say they see a resignation, a sadness he has while realising he isn't quite what he used to be, not the least of which was... being a Packer..

I would bet Randall or any of the other true Packer fans could comment on this but this Packer team has some issues well beyond the QB spot, where Aaron Rodgers has performed quite well and is statistically better than Favre. These issue have led to their 5-9 record and a lot of the Jets off-season moves have helped to their nice record. Put Favre back on this Packer team and they are not too much better in my humble Wisconsin resident/non-Packer fan opinion.
From a Jets fan perspective... I'm not sure the Jets record would have been any worse with Pennington this year.

In the second half against Buffalo, Favre was worse than bad, he was awful. In his post game presser, he talked about his second INT (he leads the league in INTS) he said he might not have the arm strength he used to have. In that second half, he was as inaccurate as any QB I can recall watching. He's been underthrowing the deep routes, and flat out missing open recievers. This is not the Brett Favre from the g glory days with the Packers.

This has been a hot topic on NY sprts radio. Some pundits say they see a resignation, a sadness he has while realising he isn't quite what he used to be, not the least of which was... being a Packer..

Exactly. Both well said.

Can't wait for the "I'm retiring no wait maybe not" drama next year. :wacko:

I don't see how Favre can be getting so much talk. Pennington should be getting as much if not more praise than Favre. Favre has looked awful in many games. The Packers would be the same disappointing team with Favre.

What Miami is doing with Pennington is much more worthy of discussion than what people say Favre is doing with the Jets.

I was and still am a Favre fan but I just don't see the same Favre and don't think he deserves any accolades this year with his overall play.

Edited by gbpfan1231