[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamal Lewis

xMRogers

So I've held on to him the last few weeks while benching him, for no real reason. However, he actually didn't look terrible last night when he got the ball, and caught a few passes which was a nice little add on.

Is anyone anywhere thinking about playing him this week in their superbowl as he's against Cincy?

I probably won't, but way back when I made a trade to pick up Sammy Morris specifically for week 15 over Lewis. That worked out better than I could have imagined (I traded away Roddy White at the time - terrible decision in all weeks but the only one I cared about). However, all along planned on Lewis coming back for me in week 16. His complete nose dive almost made me cut him, but held on just to see.

I have Lewis on one team and am wondering the same thing.

The projections for 80 rush yards and a score is really what he already had in CIN when they played in week four. Lewis has gone against a brutal schedule this year and hosting CIN is as good as it can get for CLE this year. One of the things I dislike about Lewis this year though is that he has almost zero upside. He has never had more than 90 rush yards in a game. Not once. It's not like he has much chance to rip off 180 yards and three scores any time soon. 80 yards and a score is about as good as it can get with him.

One of the things I dislike about Lewis this year though is that he has almost zero upside. He has never had more than 90 rush yards in a game. Not once. It's not like he has much chance to rip off 180 yards and three scores any time soon. 80 yards and a score is about as good as it can get with him.

But hell, isn't that proving true for just about anyone outside of a select few - lookign at who I've started at RB this year:

Ryan Grant (most weeks)

Jamal Lewis (about 10x it appears)

Sammy Morris (2x)

Ricky Williams (2x)

Michael Bush (1x)

Warrick Dunn (2x)

BJGE (1x)

Ryan Torain (1x)

Not a one seems to have ever been a threat for the 180 and 3 (Grant in theory maybe, but hasn't come close) And while yes, my being in the SB with that pile of crap (and Tom Brady as 2nd overall pick without any drafted backup) is amazing in its own right, my point is that this year I'd say you can count the guys that may put up the 30 pt game at RB on two hands...although what's odd is it's not surprising that backups like Pierre Thomas and Dominic Rhodes would be part of that as it's also partially a team issue.

End of the day, I'll just have to decide who I think is more likely to get a TD cause that's pretty much the deciding issue here.

I also may go with Lewis for one other reason - starting 5 years ago, after a run of 6 years and no playoffs in my main league, I changed the way I draft and plan - used to go for simply the best players each round. Now, go to a draft with a specific plan for most rounds with a few 'opens' for guys that are part of my plan but fall. Also, because of the way our finances work, the semifinals are huge, so i start making moves for week 15 aroudn week 5 (ie, traded Roddy White for Sammy Morris....Morris outscored him one time...week 15).

Reason I bring this up is twofold - after 6 years of not makign the playoffs, have made it 4 of past 5.

And in this years draft and plan, Jamal Lewis was a key for one big reason - Cincy in the SB - think it may just make sense to stick to it considering it's a crapshoot pick. Also, maybe I was a bit drunk, but I swear he looked better on Monday than he has in weeks.

But hell, isn't that proving true for just about anyone outside of a select few - lookign at who I've started at RB this year:

Ryan Grant (most weeks)

Jamal Lewis (about 10x it appears)

Sammy Morris (2x)

Ricky Williams (2x)

Michael Bush (1x)

Warrick Dunn (2x)

BJGE (1x)

Ryan Torain (1x)

Not a one seems to have ever been a threat for the 180 and 3 (Grant in theory maybe, but hasn't come close) And while yes, my being in the SB with that pile of crap (and Tom Brady as 2nd overall pick without any drafted backup) is amazing in its own right, my point is that this year I'd say you can count the guys that may put up the 30 pt game at RB on two hands...although what's odd is it's not surprising that backups like Pierre Thomas and Dominic Rhodes would be part of that as it's also partially a team issue.

End of the day, I'll just have to decide who I think is more likely to get a TD cause that's pretty much the deciding issue here.

I also may go with Lewis for one other reason - starting 5 years ago, after a run of 6 years and no playoffs in my main league, I changed the way I draft and plan - used to go for simply the best players each round. Now, go to a draft with a specific plan for most rounds with a few 'opens' for guys that are part of my plan but fall. Also, because of the way our finances work, the semifinals are huge, so i start making moves for week 15 aroudn week 5 (ie, traded Roddy White for Sammy Morris....Morris outscored him one time...week 15).

Reason I bring this up is twofold - after 6 years of not makign the playoffs, have made it 4 of past 5.

And in this years draft and plan, Jamal Lewis was a key for one big reason - Cincy in the SB - think it may just make sense to stick to it considering it's a crapshoot pick. Also, maybe I was a bit drunk, but I swear he looked better on Monday than he has in weeks.

I've done the same da*n thing as you this year.....Rotating door at RB2 but started Lewis most of the time....its a complete surprise that I've made it work....but I still don't know who to go with this week with ADP....certainly not Lewis though...burned too many times.

I have to pick between Lewis and McClain for my most important title game...been on my mind all week...was leaning toward Lewis because it was vs Cincy but they have really stuffed some good backs lately and that has me worried about playing him but McClain has only given me 8 pts each the last 2 weeks and plays a Dallas team in real need of a win. Tough call.

I have to pick between Lewis and McClain for my most important title game...been on my mind all week...was leaning toward Lewis because it was vs Cincy but they have really stuffed some good backs lately and that has me worried about playing him but McClain has only given me 8 pts each the last 2 weeks and plays a Dallas team in real need of a win. Tough call.

PLEASE be sure to tell us which side of the fence you land on so we can all adjust our line ups accordingly.

To MUTO - regarding Lewis/McClain

Go to your waiver wire if you can.....otherwise flip a coin. Both are TERRIBLE options.....you could even try to tie yourself by leaving the slot open since getting a goose egg with either is a distinct possibility.

Edited by J.D.Morrison

To MUTO - regarding Lewis/McClain

Go to your waiver wire if you can.....otherwise flip a coin. Both are TERRIBLE options.....you could even try to tie yourself by leaving the slot open since getting a goose egg with either is a distinct possibility.

I wish I could but our league has no waivers during the playoffs so my roster is frozen. Gore was my lead back and he is hurt.

My only other option is Caddy Williams and he doesn't see enough touches.

I am leaning toward Lewis but not happy to play any of these guys.