[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Battlestar Galactica

Riffraff

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Last night's episode was a downer.

- Didn't see the Dee thing coming.

- Starbuck is as confused as ever.

- The final cylon was supposedly revealed.

- People are in turmoil and the fleet will be divided... who will they turn to?

Edited by Riffraff

This looks like the best plot line to me.

Are we certain it was she? At first, it appeared as though someone else was involved. But during that particular moment I was attempting to catch a chameleon running up the den wall. So needless to say I was somewhat distracted.

Are we certain it was she? At first, it appeared as though someone else was involved. But during that particular moment I was attempting to catch a chameleon running up the den wall. So needless to say I was somewhat distracted.

Yes. It was Dee.

They wanted to put an exclamation point on how the entire fleet was feeling. Hope is lost.

For her: Billy died, Apollo rejected her for another woman, finding Earth was all she had left. Once that was gone, she gave herself one last "good day" by babysitting and going on a date with her ex. It's the only point where she has control of anything. "It ends now. I end now."

Edited by Riffraff

OK. so was Tigh's wife the final one or was Starbuck? That is her in the burned up viper, right? A little too emotionally charged for a one-hour episode, but still keeping it interesting.

What I'm wondering right now, with earth being revealed as a colony of cylons, who nuked them? Is there a warrior colony of humans to did to them what the cylons did to the thirteen colonies? And if so, what happens if the remnant of the 13/cylons find them? Do they have to fight them or will they be able to convince them to live together?

OK. so was Tigh's wife the final one or was Starbuck? That is her in the burned up viper, right? A little too emotionally charged for a one-hour episode, but still keeping it interesting.

Tigh's wife is definitely the last cylon. Starbuck is something different. They'll eventually spell it out but as of now I don't know and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been revealed.

Tigh's wife is definitely the last cylon. Starbuck is something different. They'll eventually spell it out but as of now I don't know and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been revealed.

Maybe Starbuck is a hybrid?

But I thought the baby was a hybrid?

I'm not positive but I did read something where the creator/director/writer of the show was discussing such things. I remember a vague part being about Starbuck and what she actually is, but I guess I don't want to A)mis-remember B)ruin the part of the show where they do actually tell us about her. There is probably more info on the web if you really want to google it, but it still might not make sense if out of context. For example if they say she is a god/clone/cylon#14.5/chickwhoneedsanosejob but the article didn't really delve any deeper than a sentence or two so I don't think I really want to go back and research. It may be more of a spoiler or it may not. At this point though, I just want to enjoy the show so I'm leaving it alone.

There are two things I'm wondering about.

When are those other Cylons going to show up?

And the promo with Roslin yelling, "I'M COMING FOR ALL OF YOU." I wonder what the heck will be going on. Does she totally lose her marbles?

Kind of a so-so episode tonight, but we did learn some stuff, and they set up some dramatic stuff for next week.

Gaeta is getting annoying. I guess he had to lose his leg to grow a pair. I'm assuming Starbuck will shoot him in the head next week. And if she (or Adama) doesn't shoot him, he'll get airlocked for sure.

Why the heck is Adama taking all those pills and brushing his teeth a lot? Is he the dying leader and not Roslin?

Funny lines,

Frakking blah, blah

Pity frak

I believe that Starbuck is her baby all growed up. She's not only the harbinger of death for offing that planet, but also for each of the races individually. Going forward, the only way for either race to survive is through cross polination.

I found this last episode very well done. What i find most intriguing is how the show is presenting Thomas Zarick's point of view as a real and valid view on the situation while showing the viewers his alternative motivations. The actions of William Adama and his circle are displayed as a valid response to the situation but brings forth the whole 'government making decisions' without citizen input or concerns. This whole epoch mirrors the United States actions during the inception of the Patriot Act in certain arenas.

Still, I cannot stomach the clips of Roselin's depression even though these are necessary to the movement of the story.

My current hypothesis on the story line:

Everyone is a cyclone. Starbuck is a model from a line that created all others. When the other cyclones began to show independence, a war broke out and they were scattered into space. Most settled in the Caprica system while the remaining fled towards earth.

I believe that Starbuck is her baby all growed up. She's not only the harbinger of death for offing that planet, but also for each of the races individually. Going forward, the only way for either race to survive is through cross polination.

so if we look at what we know about reproduction: helo and sharon (one of the seven) were able to conceive. the chief (one of the final five) and a human were not. tigh (one of the final five) and the six (one of the seven) were able to conceive. we know from the chief's flashback last week that the earth was populated with different kinds of people. we've seen evidence suggesting the final five are different in makeup from the other seven. perhaps the five created the seven for purposes of reproduction. and perhaps humans descended from the final five. (it might explain why helo, as a descendant of a final five, was able to mate with sharon, but why the chief was not with callie.)

also, i thought starbuck's kid (i'm assuming you mean the one leoben introduced to her when she was imprisoned on new caprica) turned out to be a trick.

something bothered me from last night's episode: so adama really didn't have any file on zarek taking bribes. (if i heard correctly, tigh said they were laundry orders or something.) did adama bluff and turn out to be correct about zarek taking bribes? or did zarek know it was a bluff and give up the coordinates anyway because he figured adama would spread lies about zarek and zarek figured there was nothing he could do about it? i guess it doesn't matter, but just something that occurred to me.

What i find most intriguing is how the show is presenting Thomas Zarick's point of view as a real and valid view on the situation while showing the viewers his alternative motivations. The actions of William Adama and his circle are displayed as a valid response to the situation but brings forth the whole 'government making decisions' without citizen input or concerns. This whole epoch mirrors the United States actions during the inception of the Patriot Act in certain arenas.

Still, I cannot stomach the clips of Roselin's depression even though these are necessary to the movement of the story.

My current hypothesis on the story line:

Everyone is a cyclone. Starbuck is a model from a line that created all others. When the other cyclones began to show independence, a war broke out and they were scattered into space. Most settled in the Caprica system while the remaining fled towards earth.

Good post. Agree with a lot of what you said.

so if we look at what we know about reproduction: helo and sharon (one of the seven) were able to conceive. the chief (one of the final five) and a human were not. tigh (one of the final five) and the six (one of the seven) were able to conceive. we know from the chief's flashback last week that the earth was populated with different kinds of people. we've seen evidence suggesting the final five are different in makeup from the other seven. perhaps the five created the seven for purposes of reproduction. and perhaps humans descended from the final five. (it might explain why helo, as a descendant of a final five, was able to mate with sharon, but why the chief was not with callie.)

Nice theory.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

that was a damn good episode.

what did gaius mean when he told gaeta about their "little secret, sealed with a special pen"? i figured it had something to do with new caprica, but i can't remember that far back and i'm too lazy to look it up.