[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Week 16 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Hello everyone, long time no post.

As I'm the proud father of a one year old baby boy and soon to be the proud father of a baby girl (Dec 29th), I have little time for wagering these days or even time to post; in fact this is my very first post of the season.

Just wanted to chime in with regard to the BAL/DAL game; keep an eye on the BAL secondary. It's already stretched thin, if Washington is inactive (hamstring) I give BAL little chance of winning or covering. Had Washington not left the game due to injury in the 4th quarter of the Steelers game, I rather doubt there would have been a late score, he's that important to the BAL defense.

Good luck gentlemen :wacko:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, long time no post.

As I'm the proud father of a one year old baby boy and soon to be the proud father of a baby girl (Dec 29th), I have little time for wagering these days or even time to post; in fact this is my very first post of the season.

Just wanted to chime in with regard to the BAL/DAL game; keep an eye on the BAL secondary. It's already stretched thin, if Washington is inactive (hamstring) I give BAL little chance of winning or covering. Had Washington not left the game due to injury in the 4th quarter of the Steelers game, I rather doubt there would have been a late score, he's that important to the BAL defense.

Good luck gentlemen :wacko:

Congrats Gdawg!! That is great news and I hope you are blessed w/ a healthy daughter on the 29th! Take care and thanks for stopping by w/ info.

Rolle and Washington are both questionable, but the good news about this being a primetime game is we are likely to hear accurate information on their status about an hour before kick. They both participated on a limited basis on Thursday and Friday, so that is a positive sign.

Congrats Gdawg!! That is great news and I hope you are blessed w/ a healthy daughter on the 29th! Take care and thanks for stopping by w/ info.

Rolle and Washington are both questionable, but the good news about this being a primetime game is we are likely to hear accurate information on their status about an hour before kick. They both participated on a limited basis on Thursday and Friday, so that is a positive sign.

Thanks Dre, I'm incredibly busy but could not be more content. I've been on the boards strictly as a lurker, I wish you well in your endeavor :wacko:

Yes, I'd wait to see the inactives, keep an ear to the ground w/regard to the BAL secondary. As I mentioned earlier it is already terribly thin, just one inactive (especially Washington) would create a decided edge for DAL.

Thanks Dre, I'm incredibly busy but could not be more content. I've been on the boards strictly as a lurker, I wish you well in your endeavor :D

Yes, I'd wait to see the inactives, keep an ear to the ground w/regard to the BAL secondary. As I mentioned earlier it is already terribly thin, just one inactive (especially Washington) would create a decided edge for DAL.

Congrats and God Bless Gdawg :wacko: All the best bro

I teased:

Saints -1

Carolina +9

Hate to bet against the Giants, but I can't say no to Carolina and 9 points. They look like they're plowing into the playoffs. And the Giants. . .well, I hope they win by 3. Saints is just a straight up bet on the Lions to go winless.

Cowboys -4 I think DMD summed it up pretty well in his projections. Against the better teams on the road the Ravens haven't got it done. People seem to be focusing on the Ravens D in this game, but the focus to me is on the Dallas D. I am having a hard time figuring out how the Ravens will generate any offense in this game. I don't think it will even be close.

Dre, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the Pit/Ten game. I see you don't have that game as one of your picks. I was actually liking Pit for a number of reasons. I think the Steelers have been playing extremely tough football and winning some big games. This one vaults them into home field advantage thruout the playoffs. Pit's def. is formidible and they should stop the Ten run game. Ten pass game is average at best but I just don't see them getting it done against Pit. On the other side of the ball Haynesworth is out (saw your writeup on him being out). Ten can be beat at home (Jets) and they look like they are struggling to the finish. This seems like a lopsided Steelers advantage (which is scary enough since there is no such thing in the NFL). As always appreciate your insight.....Thanx in advance.

Saturday Bowl Games

Wake Forest -3

Colorado St. +2.5

Memphis +11

BYU +3

By the time I saw this one the game kicked off. Navy jumped out early. Wake scored at the end of the first half. Based on your post with wake down 6 @ the half and the 2nd half line wake -3 I pounded wake. Thank you sir :wacko: They snagged a late td to cover the game too so everyone was happy that had them

By the time I saw this one the game kicked off. Navy jumped out early. Wake scored at the end of the first half. Based on your post with wake down 6 @ the half and the 2nd half line wake -3 I pounded wake. Thank you sir :wacko: They snagged a late td to cover the game too so everyone was happy that had them

:D Nice way to start the Bowl season, hopefully we can keep it going.

I was on Wake also. Going Colorado St +3 next.

Lets keep this rolling!!

I was on Wake also. Going Colorado St +3 next.

Lets keep this rolling!!

I took that too. I had to buy a 1/2 to get to + 3 though. Cowboys are -5 tonight at my book.

I took that too. I had to buy a 1/2 to get to + 3 though. Cowboys are -5 tonight at my book.

I got in last night on Dallas at -4 (-120)

Pushed all the way up to 5 1/2 now. :wacko:

I just did a prop in the Cowboys game. I usually dont let betting Boys games. I took over 3.5 fgs. It pays +135. I figure good D some short fields and some stops on 3rd down with 2 good kickers

I just did a prop in the Cowboys game. I usually dont let betting Boys games. I took over 3.5 fgs. It pays +135. I figure good D some short fields and some stops on 3rd down with 2 good kickers

That fake fg sucked on so many Focking levels

formation) N.Folk 35 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-

:wacko: and thats 4

I'm going to say something, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart.

DALLAS SUCKS!!!!!!!

That is all.