[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2008 Week 16 Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

although you have blind hatred I have to give you your props. You called the Ravens win.

I pick my spots to bet against the Boys...but since they are a national team, the other side usually gets a couple "free" points.

Add on the fact that Romo has come up small in huge games, the Boys were on a semi-short week (Sunday night game), and against an exceptionally better Ravens defense with a ball-control offense, it seemed like a good spot to take the dog.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to win when your defense doesn't tackle. Seriously, I figured the Cowboys would come out with a little more of a "sense of urgency", to quote Warren Sapp. Particularly, their defense. Ken Hamlin tackles like he's blindfolded with his arms tied behind his back. Absolutely pathetic.

Good call on the Ravens, Swammi. All I can say is that I'm just glad I do this recreationally, and not for serious cash. I would be really pissed right now if I'd wagered significantly on the Cowboys... Nice effort. :wacko:

On the flipside, the fact that they couldn't stop anybody actually helped me from a fantasy perspective. Witten ended up with a decent overall game, when at one point, it looked pretty bleak for him. Too bad the Cowboys defense got me 2 whole points in a league where you get negative points for giving up more than 300 total yards. :D

I guess the positive to all of this is that I can potentially win about 100 times what I lost tonight, if my fantasy leagues turn out the way I hope they do tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow, guys.

adding a 3-team 7pt teaser

TB / Vikes / Saints

I would call this free money but for those of you that watch the NFL channel it seems that the Lions are the sexy upset pick this week ?

I don't see it myself but they did make some interesting points. Still have to believe the Saints get the W

On the flipside, the fact that they couldn't stop anybody actually helped me from a fantasy perspective. Witten ended up with a decent overall game, when at one point, it looked pretty bleak for him.

I guess the positive to all of this is that I can potentially win about 100 times what I lost tonight, if my fantasy leagues turn out the way I hope they do tomorrow.

There is that. Okay, the Cowboys suck except Witten - who gave ALL he had and managed to give me 19.7 points I will desperately need today.

For today...

Straight Wagers:

Steelers(Pittsburgh) -1.5 - I

Patriots(NewEngland) -8 -

ATL/MIN Over 43

Rams(StLouis) +5.5 (-105)

CIN/CLE Over 32.5

7 Point Teaser (3 Teams)

Seahawks(Seattle) +10.5

Bears(Chicago) +3

Giants(NewYork) +3.5

6 Point Teaser (4 Teams)

Broncos(Denver) -0.5

Eagles(Philadelphia) +1

Vikings(Minnesota) +3

Texans(Houston) -1

7 Point Teaser (4 Teams)

Browns(Cleveland) +4

Buccaneers(TampaBay) +3.5

Dolphins(Miami) +3.5

Lions(Detroit) +14

6 Point Teaser (2 Teams)

Rams(StLouis) +11

Patriots(NewEngland) -2

Parlay (3 Teams - Money line)

Patriots(NewEngland) -340

Buccaneers(TampaBay) -190

Eagles(Philadelphia) -220

Not a good day Sunday. I resorted to doing a 4 team parlay to try to pull my ass out of the fire for the week. Hit on NYG and over (miracle), now hoping to close it up with Chicago-4 and over 40. Also have a 3 team parlay with just Chicago -4 pending. If I hit both it is a very good week. Otherwise :wacko:

Edited by rattsass