[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forte

Scourge

Chicago homers... Post your Forte updates here as they come.. I need him this week bad.

I have no updates, but i was watching some film of Forte run in college and his rookie year this year and im thinking "who does this guy run like? Then it finally hit me. The guy is a mirror image of a young healthy Deuce McCallister. Compare and you'll see for yourself. I wish Duece could have staye healthy his whole carrer. HOF material

Edited by MALENURSE

:wacko: Forte practices again in tuneup for Monday night; McBride questionable

By Brad Biggs on December 20, 2008 1:01 PM | Permalink | Comments (1) | TrackBacks (0)

Running back Matt Forte (toe) practiced again Saturday morning in the Walter Payton Center as the Bears had a final tuneup for Monday's meeting with the Green Bay Packers at Soldier Field. They'll need to have their ground game going as temperature at kickoff could hover around 10 degrees.

The Bears have won nine consecutive home games when the temperature at game time has been 32 or below. The only loss in the Lovie Smith era when it's been that cold at home was to Houston in 2004.

Its fricking cold and windy here today. I am about 30 miles North of the stadium and it is -7 and sunny! It is going to be cold tomorrow night!

Wind is what matters I think.

This is what they are saying now.

-3.2 °F

Partly Cloudy

Windchill: -18 °F

Humidity: 63%

Dew Point: -13 °F

Wind: 8.0 mph from the West

Wind Gust: 17.0 mph

Edited by Randall

Wind is what matters I think.

This is what they are saying now.

-3.2 °F

Partly Cloudy

Windchill: -18 °F

Humidity: 63%

Dew Point: -13 °F

Wind: 8.0 mph from the West

Wind Gust: 17.0 mph

I am willing to guess that the cold will play a factor in this game. BTW, has a game ever been called because of

"coldness"?

FOUND THIS:

The coldest conditions in NFL history came in the -13' that fans experienced at the Ice Bowl, the 1967 NFL Championship game.

One fan who attended that game died of exposure.

Hall of Fame defensive end Willie Davis played that legendary contest for the Packers, and he says that in hindsight, then-NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle might have postponed it.

"Rozelle had said that if he had known the (game) was as difficult as it was, there's a good chance they wouldn't have played the game," said Davis in a 2005 interview.

"He said he probably would have never authorized the game to be played again if it was that cold."

So now, how cold is too cold for the NFL to play a scheduled game?

Well, it's conducted three playoff games at zero degrees or less, including the Ice Bowl.

In a statement, league spokesman Greg Aiello says the NFL doesn't have a set temperature at which it decides to postpone a game.

It gives guidelines in its policy manual for how teams can manage the cold, and it issues advisories through the competing teams so fans can prepare properly.

Edited by DaFreak

That playoff game with the fog should have been called, but this is football so I'm not sure they would postpone a game.

That Bengals/Chargers game may have been colder than the Ice Bowl with wind chill. Last year's NFC Championship game was brutal too.

That playoff game with the fog should have been called, but this is football so I'm not sure they would postpone a game.

That Bengals/Chargers game may have been colder than the Ice Bowl with wind chill. Last year's NFC Championship game was brutal too.

I remember the players saying that the fog didn't play much of a factor on the field.

All signs indicate Forte plays, regardless of what happens today with the Viqueens.

No snow for tomorrow night, game time temps should be low teens, high single digits.

The wind chill advisory we have here (up to -30) expires at Noon on Monday.

Should be an ideal evening.

I see the same thing happening as up in GB, though. The Bears line may get pushed around and GB takes control early. Forte will be a great play in PPR, but I see him as a risky play otherwise.

That playoff game with the fog should have been called

agree

It was a sham

I remember the players saying that the fog didn't play much of a factor on the field.

Weird. I heard an interview with Cunningham a few years ago and he said his receivers would take off in their routes and dissappear. Before the Bears/ Eagles game this year Ditka and Chris Carter were talking about it and Carter said he could barely see Cunningham when the ball was snapped.

I remember neither team was willing to field a punt because they couldn't find the ball.

Edited by Zooty

Anyone have any Forte updates??

I just heard on NFL Radio that as of this morning he's 50/50 and is a gametime decision.

I don't think 50/50 chance sounds very encouraging. Then again you would think he would play since they still have an outside shot at a wild card

?

Last update about Forte from the Chicago suntimes. 12/20/08:

Matt Forte said his injured right toe has improved to the point where he will not be thinking about it come game time Monday night.

Maybe he will not be able to feel it. The temperature at game time is expected to hover around 10 degrees.

Forte, who is questionable on the injury report, practiced again Saturday morning in the Walter Payton Center as the Bears put the finishing touches on the long layoff they have had since last playing New Orleans Dec. 11.

"That's the most important thing is don't think about it, because then you don't worry about it and you're not trying to protect it,'' Forte said. "So don't worry about it and just go out there and just play. It feels good.''

He practiced Friday and Saturday. That, IMO, says it all....

SATURDAY

Update: Forte (toe) practiced again on Saturday, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.

Recommendation: He should be fine to start on Monday night, but check back for the official word prior to kickoff if you’re looking to ensure that you don’t receive a health-related bagel. Game-time temperatures are expected to be around 10 degrees, so it should be a very ground-heavy attack from both teams on Monday night.

FRIDAY

Update: Coach Lovie Smith said that Forte (toe) practiced Friday, and will practice Saturday, and will play Monday against the Packers, ESPNews reports.

Recommendation: We suppose the toe could act up, but it looks like those who have to set their lineup and hope for the best on Saturday night or Sunday morning can be nearly sure Forte will get the start Monday at home. It also helps that the Bears need to win out to have a shot at the playoffs.