[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which Underdog Wins?

Brentastic

So I need to pick one underdog out of the following (I have reduced the list down to the teams I think have a chance). I am currently tied for 3rd place, and the pool runs through the playoffs. This week is extra difficult so I'm looking for your opinions:

BAL

CAR

ARI

STL

WAS

BUF

SDC

ATL

E2A: I should add that it's a total points pool and you can only select a team once during the regular season. Once the playoffs begin, you can select a team you previously selected, but again, only once during the playoffs. You get 1 point if you correctly select a favorite to win (outright). You get 2 pts if you correctly select a 3pt or less underdog to win (outright). And finally, you get 3 pts for correctly guessing a 3.5pt or more dog to win (outright). I have picked 3.5 pt dogs all season except once.

Edited by Brentastic

So I need to pick one underdog out of the following (I have reduced the list down to the teams I think have a chance). I am currently tied for 3rd place, and the pool runs through the playoffs. This week is extra difficult so I'm looking for your opinions:

BAL

CAR

ARI

STL

WAS

BUF

SDC

ATL

For some reason (maybe cause I need them to suck) I have been thinking the Chargers were a sneaky play this week.

The main reason I DON'T like SDC is because I think west coast teams traveling to east cost are batting 0.000% this season.

True dat, but wouldn't you think that is meant to be broken eventually?

I think a lot of that though is that the west coast teams are pretty terrible this year while playing much stronger east coast teams.

Yes and yet the one west coast team to win out east this year was???????????? the 49ers.....and they blow big time...I believe that is the only west coast winner out east this season so far.

I'd go with Carolina in that pool btw....

KO'd

If Trent Edwards ends up playing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Buffalo beats Denver. This is exactly the kind of team Denver should beat at home but won't. But if Edwards doesn't play, you can't make this pick.

If Edwards doesn't play, I like Atlanta best on the list.

I can't believe no one has picked BAL going against a DAL team that is inconsistent and unraveling and with Romo having turnover issues at times.

My choices right now in order of preference are:

ATL

BAL

Still trying to finalize my decision.

Minnesota has won 5 straight at home and 6 out of the last 8 games they scored at least 28 points. The Metrodome is a tough place to play for opposing offenses.

Minnesota has won 5 straight at home and 6 out of the last 8 games they scored at least 28 points. The Metrodome is a tough place to play for opposing offenses.

Agreed - but they are also missing a Williams and Frerotte and apparently have a hobbled AP. Atlanta has surprised me all season long - I keep waiting for them to be bad but they always surprise. ATL needs this win more than MIN as well - not saying MIN doesn't need to win but if they go 1-1 the last 2 games they still make the playoffs. I think if ATL loses they're out.

For some reason (maybe cause I need them to suck) I have been thinking the Chargers were a sneaky play this week.

Many are picking the Bolts to sneak away with a win. I don't really agree.

I like SD but if you are feeling like a big risk taker this week...I like the Rams :wacko: I really do :D

I actually like the Rams' chances this week, especially if Gore's out for the Niners.

CAR

That'd be my pick. I think the G-men have a small letdown this week (even after against the letdown vs. the Boys last week).

Baltimore would be my first pick but with this thing going thru the playoffs I would look at the Rams, yes they lost in usual Rams fashion last week and they should do it again this week so SCRATCH THAT PICK!!!!!! LOL

2ND OPTION--CAROLINA

3RD OPTION --ATLANTA {but they do play the Rams next week}

Agreed - but they are also missing a Williams and Frerotte and apparently have a hobbled AP. Atlanta has surprised me all season long - I keep waiting for them to be bad but they always surprise. ATL needs this win more than MIN as well - not saying MIN doesn't need to win but if they go 1-1 the last 2 games they still make the playoffs. I think if ATL loses they're out.

One more stat for you to chew on.

ATL is 3-4 on the road which is pretty good for a team with a rookie QB, but they are 0-3 against teams with a winning record. The record of the teams they beat are: 5-9 GBP, 3-11 OAK, and 6-8 SDC.

That's a 14-28 (.3333) combined win loss record.

One more stat for you to chew on.

ATL is 3-4 on the road which is pretty good for a team with a rookie QB, but they are 0-3 against teams with a winning record. The record of the teams they beat are: 5-9 GBP, 3-11 OAK, and 6-8 SDC.

That's a 14-28 (.3333) combined win loss record.

I can see you really don't want me to choose ATL :wacko: BTW, I updated my original post to add the rules of the pool. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Many are picking the Bolts to sneak away with a win. I don't really agree.

I actually like the Rams' chances this week, especially if Gore's out for the Niners.

That'd be my pick. I think the G-men have a small letdown this week (even after against the letdown vs. the Boys last week).

LOL, 0-3 :wacko:

LOL, 0-3 :D

Hey now, the Lambs had the Niners pinned and couldn't seal the deal. That sucked. And heck, I thought the Panthers had it all but wrapped up too. Turned the TV off and came back to it with the game in OT. Wacky week, indeed.

But yeah I totally had the Bolts losing... what a disappointment they've been. And now they'll likely win the AFC West. Pretty scary considering LT has hardly been himself. :wacko: