[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Smack Bowl AND a Message Board Playoff League?

DMD

We will be conducting Smackbowl XII as soon as the regular season is done and it will have the prize helmet, $50 or the tube socks as always.

But MFL has a free playoff league that they say can accomodate up to 200 teams.

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/nfl_playoff_league.php?huddle

What if we had two contests? Would there be any interest in the second one? I would want to use the option of ""contest-style" lineups, where you don't maintain a roster, but instead, can start any player once, and only once, throughout the NFL playoffs." just to make it different than the Smackbowl. I can give the winner a free membership next year just for something but I want to keep the Smackbowl as the main contest with the prizes.

Any interest in the secondary contest-style league?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the way I would prefer to do it. This is kind of like the old MVP challenge contest and would be very challenging.

1. Most post-season fantasy football leagues are "contest-style" lineups, where you don't maintain a roster, but instead, can start any player once, and only once, throughout the NFL playoffs. The winner of the league is simply the franchise with the most total points after the Super Bowl. So, there's strategy in who you start when. If you think the Patriots will lose in the first week of the playoffs, you could start Brady in the first playoff week. But, if you think they'll make it all of the way to the Super Bowl, you could hold off, and not start him until later in the post-season.

I start making preparations for the Smackbowl right around week 1 of the regular season. I start getting antsy about the Smackbowl and missing getting in long about week 10. My total interest is in the Smackbowl and only the Smackbowl. And one of these days I am actually going to be good at it.... so I say go ahead with your other contest as maybe that will divert others and give me more of a chance in the Smackbowl. :wacko:

I will support any decision you make DMD. If you have one playoff contest, I will play in one. If you have two playoff contests, I will play in two. If you have three playoff contests, I will play in two. And so on.

I know I speak for everyone in that I really appreciate everything you do here. You have given me a haven from the storm of everyday life. A harbor in the tempest.

I love this place. I love what you do. I love your thread gun. You keep doing what you do. I got your back, buddy. :wacko:

As long as I can win both sets of tube socks...

Wait a minute Riff... DMD didn't mention any tube socks!

Hmmmmm........

Nope... Smackbowl is it. But all you others should go play in the new one. No need to play in both though, so just play in the new one.

:wacko: