[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Championship Game thread

pig devilz

After loosing in the Championship Game last year, kicking butt in the FDSB Final this year...

I would like to thank the following players for showing up: P Manning, T Jones, A Bryant, W Welker, J Carlson, D Tapp, T Brown, B Rudd, P Lenon, C Finnegan, and C Griffin

Edited by Return Of S&B

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 Championship games, benched Cassel in 3 of them right before kickoff for the loss in each league.

Brilliant. That's what I get for reading too much into the weather thread in this forum :wacko:

If it makes you feel any better, had you started Cassell instead of McNabb in TML, you would still need 19 points from the NYG defense (instead of 45). Probably not going to happen either way. :D

Wow, playing my best buddy in FF or otherwise, DGF in the Emerald City's Best Championship. Up 39 and he has Jennings left. Funny thing is he clearly had a better team this year, amoung others in his tougher than burnt flank staeak league. I backed into the playoffs by getting hot the last few weeks of the season. Went from thinking of taking a FF break after 19 years of this wild and crazy game, to getting a hard slap in the face as to why I love this sheet soooo much. :D:D:D:wacko:

Edit to say NO victory yet as Jennings could get thirtynine plus. It is FF afterall :D:D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

Nothing like wondering why I decided to bench Williams and Jacobs... those six TD's would have come in handy about now. Instead, Jackson and Thomas got me just enough points to keep it close. I currently lead by 17, and my opponent has Smith and Carney, as well as Grant tomorrow. I'm REALLY hoping somebody breaks one for a game-ending TD here (in OT), because I can't afford to have Carney get any more.

Won the SB in two of three leagues, one of which was the most exciting finish I've ever been a part of. Opponent had DeAngelo, Steve Smith, and John Kasay going into tonight's game, and I had a 53 point lead. That lead had dwindled down to 3 points (thanks a lot, DeAngelo Williams) by the time Kasay lined up for the would-be game winner with nine seconds left. It had the distance, but..... NO GOOD!!! And John Fox gets a Christmas card this year for putting Jonathan Stewart in there for Carolina's only posession in OT. I about busted a nut when Ward broke off that long run to get the Giants into FG range. I'm glad they didn't need to kick. A 3 point win!!!! How sweet it is!!!! And all of this because the ref didn't give Dominic Rhodes the TD when he was obviously in... that TD went to my man Dallas Clark!!!

Well, I lost my Championship by benching Hines Ward for Foster and dropping Gradkoski for Akers because of the weather. Made the right move benching Warner for Big ben but the other two moves killed me. Would have won by 3 had I not flinched this morning at 9:55am once I saw the snow and wind in NE.

I lost a trip to Dallas to meet the players, a locker room tour, autographed footballs, spamshirts and being on the Cowboys Radio Road show this week end. Then I would have been sitting accross from the winner of the other division in the Dallas Cowboys league's silver division in the Conf room of the Dallas Cowboys facility to draft for the Championship and watch the game in Dallas this weekend against the Eagles, while our FF championship went on.

That was the dream trip I spoke of earlier in the thread. Sad night to be me right now. Then again I am kind of pissed at the Cowboys players for losing yesterday so I suppose I'm not too broken............................NOT.

Sucks to be me right about now.

Won the SB in two of three leagues, one of which was the most exciting finish I've ever been a part of. Opponent had DeAngelo, Steve Smith, and John Kasay going into tonight's game, and I had a 53 point lead. That lead had dwindled down to 3 points (thanks a lot, DeAngelo Williams) by the time Kasay lined up for the would-be game winner with nine seconds left. It had the distance, but..... NO GOOD!!! And John Fox gets a Christmas card this year for putting Jonathan Stewart in there for Carolina's only posession in OT. I about busted a nut when Ward broke off that long run to get the Giants into FG range. I'm glad they didn't need to kick. A 3 point win!!!! How sweet it is!!!! And all of this because the ref didn't give Dominic Rhodes the TD when he was obviously in... that TD went to my man Dallas Clark!!!

It sounds like we were playing/facing alot of the same players this week. I went into Thursday feeling confident playing against the team that had held the #1 spot the entire year because his team was banged up and I had great match-ups. Then came Thursday's game and that Rhodes touchdown (yes it was a touchdown) screwed me. My opponent had Manning and Clark, I had Rhodes. Making that an 18 point play against me. I finished that night down 40pts.

Not feeling so confident any more, I had the rest of my team going at noon (outside of Slaton at 3) and put up crazy points. After Slaton's game I had 154.2 pts, my highest for the year and tied for second highest score in the league for the year. So, I felt confident that I was in the Superbowl (we play next week which sucks) with my 85pt lead and my opponent only having 3 players to go.

Sunday night's game and I'm watching with no worries as my opponent has a banged up Jacobs, D.Williams, and S.Smith (Car). I guess you know the rest. I still came away with the win (by 11pts) but it was way too close. Let's just say I wasn't happy when Kasay missed that field go to send the game into overtime.

Had Gore not been out, my opponent would have played him over W.Parker and would have surely beat me. So, I have to thank Parker and the Steelers D for having miserable games.

Edited by dino88

I won my IFFL championship again. I can't believe I won either. The guy I beat last week scores about 20 more points a game than I do but I kicked his trash last week. Then I smoked the guy I played in The Big Game and the guy I beat last week had 50 more points than me. He is super pissed and I am super happy. :wacko:

Lost by 2 to an autodrafter. Ronnie Brown/Dwayne Bowe/Ravens D all had their worst games of the season. Eh, it was the guy's first ever championship, I was actually kinda hoping I would lose. He had never even watched football much before this season. So, yeah, I lost on purpose.....