[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles control their destiny

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not all of us were in there puffin our chests out...i for one didnt like it because I do believe in Karma

fixed

true, but, like keg said, a lot of us unfairly get lumped in with the mindless sht-talkers.

but i suppose it's better than having to root for tarvaris jackson. :wacko:

and I just knew you would be quoting that too, seriously

I bet you did. Im sure you are like a fugitive looking over your shoulder every day, wondering how the hell you got away with what you did.

But karma is what is keeping you out of the dance.

Apparently you know it now. :wacko:

I bet you did. Im sure you are like a fugitive looking over your shoulder every day, wondering how the hell you got away with what you did.

But karma is what is keeping you out of the dance.

Apparently you know it now. :wacko:

no, i just know you like a book :D

True, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for an OAK upset @ TB.

tampa has been in a pretty bad tailspin. not that i expect it to continue.

all i can say is, this game summed up the last few years. how can you come out so flat? it was an awful performance. i'm not sure who has to go, but someone has to go. and now they will. had they won 5 straight and made the playoffs, mcnabb and reid would have been back. at least one will be gone now.

46 passes, 16 runs. You have got to be kidding me.

And this after winning the last several weeks with an equal balance of both. I know you love to throw the ball Andy, but unless there is at least the faint threat of running the ball, the play-action will never work. There were times when Washington was only showing three linemen, with 8 guys in coverage, and you still threw the ball. Brutal.

Reality is this...Eagles need to beat the Cowboys, hope Chicago loses one of its next two games, and have Oakland beat Tampa. Very unlikely course to the playoffs.

The only silver lining would be for the Cowboys to stay home with us.

tampa has been in a pretty bad tailspin. not that i expect it to continue.

all i can say is, this game summed up the last few years. how can you come out so flat? it was an awful performance. i'm not sure who has to go, but someone has to go. and now they will. had they won 5 straight and made the playoffs, mcnabb and reid would have been back. at least one will be gone now.

That's probably a good thing for the Eagles. Something has to change.

And this after winning the last several weeks with an equal balance of both. I know you love to throw the ball Andy, but unless there is at least the faint threat of running the ball, the play-action will never work. There were times when Washington was only showing three linemen, with 8 guys in coverage, and you still threw the ball. Brutal.

Reality is this...Eagles need to beat the Cowboys, hope Chicago loses one of its next two games, and have Oakland beat Tampa. Very unlikely course to the playoffs.

The Skins just match up well with the Eagles and play them tough. I will say this, Westbrook looked like he was about 75-80% the whole game. I remember when he got chased down from behind on a deep pass he caught from McNabb yesterday and had about 3 yards on the nearest defender. The DB ran him down from behind and closed on him quickly. Westy is pretty fast and will usually pull away so I know he's hurting. Westy makes the Birds fly so without him, who's going to make a play? Exactly.

The Giants and Panthers showed us last night why they are the best teams in the NFC. They have the personnel and RB's to play smash mouth football especially when you need it in December and January. The Eagles meanwhile are trying to win games throwing 46 times in swirling wins and cold conditions to a bunch of mediocre WR's....go figure.

2 things...

1. McNabb has to either go...or learn how to not throw sloppy bullets....

2. Reid doesn't have to go....they just have to hire a designated play caller...

come on now..ldont et the negadelphia stuff take hold of you...while McNabb did have

accuracy issues earlier in his career since 2004 he has a completion % of 60.7%

the following QBs and their completion %

PManning 64.4

Brady 63.0

Montana 63.2

Aikman 61.5

Marino 59.4

Elway 56.9

I just pulled these guys off the top of my head as I know many consider them the best ever....fwiw, since 2004, if McNabb had completed just 17 of those incompletions/year he would be at 64.6(a higher completion % then Manning) now I am not saying he is better then manning or anything like that just that he is far from as bad as you are making him out to be....17/year is just a tick over 1 more completion per game...the point is that over the past 5 years his accuracy has NOT been as big an issue and is far from a major liability.

come on now..ldont et the negadelphia stuff take hold of you...while McNabb did have

accuracy issues earlier in his career since 2004 he has a completion % of 60.7%

the following QBs and their completion %

PManning 64.4

Brady 63.0

Montana 63.2

Aikman 61.5

Marino 59.4

Elway 56.9

I just pulled these guys off the top of my head as I know many consider them the best ever....fwiw, since 2004, if McNabb had completed just 17 of those incompletions/year he would be at 64.6(a higher completion % then Manning) now I am not saying he is better then manning or anything like that just that he is far from as bad as you are making him out to be....17/year is just a tick over 1 more completion per game...the point is that over the past 5 years his accuracy has NOT been as big an issue and is far from a major liability.

last night I saw McNabb missing wide open receivers and throwing it behind or low...from one game to the next, you don't know what you're getting from him...

the system is a completion percentage system....short-medium passes, get the 1st down....so numbers are a little deceiving here...

I look at his performance and another 2 minute warning in the 4th with NO urgency what-so-ever...and I just want to start over because we can't win a superbowl like this...

What seperates a boys fan from a bird fan. We dont give a rats ass about Philly whether we make it or not. But Philly is obsessed with Dallas, and call it a silver lining if they can knock out Dallas. Do you think Skins fans were thinking yes, we knocked Philly out of the playoffs yesterday even though we arent going? Seriously doubt it, but its posts like this that amuse me. I guess misery loves company, and if I lived in PA Id be miserable too. :wacko:

Edited by Sgt Ryan

2 things...

1. McNabb has to either go...or learn how to not throw sloppy bullets....

2. Reid doesn't have to go....they just have to hire a designated play caller...

Seiously, this is the problem with Eagles fans. Everything starts and ends with McNabb. If you really think throwing the ball 46 times in December in cold windy conditions is the answer then it really doesn't matter who is QBing. The balls aren't going to be perfectly thrown spirals right on target in those conditions. On top of that it's even easier to defend the pass when there is no threat of a running game. This is simply football running weather. Oops I forgot, Philly doesn't really have a running game. They just want to pass all day long to mediocre WR's who can't even make plays. I was cracking up when the the inactives were Curtis and Baskett. Seriously who cares? R. Brown, Avant, etc. are all no. 3 WR's. The one guy D. Jackson who made plays all year long played his worst game of the season and dropped passes that probably cost them the game.

All the eagles need to do is get a power RB to split time with Westy and somehow get McNabb a true no. 1 WR. The D is fine. They will be right back in the SB if cheap ownership spends the $. Otherwise just trade McNabb and start over. I know one thing, Reid is the one that definately needs to go.