[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Flex Love for the Phins

Genetic Jackhammer

I think the NFL made the right call. SD/DEN is essentially a playoff game, where the winner of that game wins the division / makes the playoffs. You can't say the same about any other game next weekend.

+1

Obviously, I get the game no matter what. I'm alittle surprised that the rest of the you guys don't wanna see a chance for Rivers to beat the crap out of Cutler and talk chit all game. :wacko:

For an industry that LOVES a good backstory......I'd think they'd be falling all over themselves to do the MIA/NYJ game.

"Will this be Favre's last game?"

"Will Penny make them pay for dissing him? This game is 4 months removed from week 1, when Favre didn't know the plays and Penny was trying to figure out which receivers he could count on."

" Will Mangina be looking for a job next year?"

"Will Sparano edge out Smith and Harbaugh for Coach of the Year?"

<theRiddler> TOO many questions! </theRiddler>

They could find a ton of things to talk about OTHER than the actual game. Sounds perfect for that crew. :wacko:

Edited by SteelBunz

As a Jets fan, I'd rather take my beating early in the day and end the season before dinner time on Sunday.

Having to sit around all day waiting to take a beating reminds me too much of "wait 'til your father gets home" when I was a kid.

Just

End

The

Season

No reason to drag this thing out.

As a Jets fan, I'd rather take my beating early in the day and end the season before dinner time on Sunday.

Having to sit around all day waiting to take a beating reminds me too much of "wait 'til your father gets home" when I was a kid.

Just

End

The

Season

No reason to drag this thing out.

:wacko:

That's also a 1pm game.

So if NE and BAL win their 1pmEST games, then NY Jets have nothing to play for, correct? I can see why they don't want that the night game now. At least it's guaranteed that the SD-DEN game has meaning.

Except the Balt/Jags game go moved to 4:15EST as well.

Agreed, but if you're NBC, do you really want to chance having a meaningless game? Just sayin'.

Yeah, I figured they would hop all over this game though. The whole Favre Vs Pennington situation, Bill Parcells turning the team around, first year coach, big rivals, plenty of stuff to hype this game up.