[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP Race

muck

Who is the MVP right now?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the MVP right now?

• Kurt Warner
    • Jay Cutler
    • Peyton Manning
    • Philip Rivers
    • Matt Cassell
    • Chad Pennington
    • Adrian Peterson
    • Michael Turner
    • DeAngelo Williams
    • Thomas Jones
    • Chris Johnson
    • Matt Forte
    • Brandon Jacobs

What about Steve Smith all he's done is make unbelievable catches of balls and get tackled at the 1 yard line so D. Williams can come in and punch it in from the 1 like 10 times. So if Deangelo gets it I say they give smith the co-mvp for his supporting cast role! :D

:wacko:

If the fact that Brady goes down and Cassel steps in and wins 10 (maybe 11) games doesn't prove that Bill is the best coach with the best system, nothing will. Brady excels in that system because he has above average talent and work ethic. Cassel would be schlub on any other team in the league. No way he should even sniff MVP. The Pats are amazing, but it's coaching. They have proven that no player on their team is irreplaceable. That lessens all of the Patriots player's "value" in my opinion.

Sadly, I think I heard or read somewhere (sorry no link) that the Lions might make a move for Cassel in the off season (I think it was a local radio station). If that happens, I'd feel compelled to send Cassel a sympathy card, seeing as his promising career will have just died.

Sadly, I think I heard or read somewhere (sorry no link) that the Lions might make a move for Cassel in the off season (I think it was a local radio station). If that happens, I'd feel compelled to send Cassel a sympathy card, seeing as his promising career will have just died.

Heard the same thing. I'd also trade away that 1.1 pick for a butt load of 2nd rounders. Of course this is Detroit were talking about here.

I'd also trade away that 1.1 pick for a butt load of 2nd rounders. Of course this is Detroit were talking about here.

Recent history says its very difficult to trade down from the 1.1. Nobody wants to have their salary cap burdened by that top rookie.

Some of these people are no where near their best yet they are being called MVPs. Strange.
I think it just goes to show that MVP doesn't necessarily equate to being the best statistical performance at that position. The only point of the regular NFL season is to make it to the post season. The MVP should go to the person that did the most to get their team there. What "the most" is defined as is up to the voter.

I don't think he's the MVP on his own team.

While Turner has been solid, I think he's been good in large part due to the threat of Ryan and the passing game. They each make each other work.

But I think you could replace Turner with at least a dozen other RBs and not see much decline in the Atlanta run game. Ryan, not so much. If Turner went down, I think he'd be more easily replaced in the Atlanta attack than if Ryan went down. Thus, he is more valauble to his team.

To illustrate, Brady was MVP last year...Cassell showed that perhaps, just because Brady put up stats, that he was not as valuable as some would think. Now that Cassell has a few games under his belt, its seems to be the system, and not so much Brady, that made NE go.