[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Kornheiser thread

detlef

Now, I've never gotten remotely as fired up as most of you do about this guy. Not a fan but I certainly don't mind him enough to notice. None the less, I was listening to the Dan Patrick show yesterday and they were talking about him. Someone asked if anyone was actually that bothered by him and mostly agreed that there's not likely anyone who flat out hates the guy.

Needless to say, I chuckled thinking that I've run into just a few guys on-line who'd argue otherwise.

I usually don't complain about him last night his complaining about the cold, bashing fans that would see a game in cold cities while bundled up like a child trying to keep warm he finally got to me.

He was OK when bashing Theissman but now please replace him.

Edited by Randall

Now, I've never gotten remotely as fired up as most of you do about this guy. Not a fan but I certainly don't mind him enough to notice. None the less, I was listening to the Dan Patrick show yesterday and they were talking about him. Someone asked if anyone was actually that bothered by him and mostly agreed that there's not likely anyone who flat out hates the guy.

Needless to say, I chuckled thinking that I've run into just a few guys on-line who'd argue otherwise.

I guess I pretty much feel the way you and the guys on the show do. he's sometimes funny, sometimes clownish and annoying, but overall he just doesn't bother me much. he seems to fill the role they are looking for. I always get a bit bewildered by all the venom directed his way here at the huddle.

I guess I pretty much feel the way you and the guys on the show do. he's sometimes funny, sometimes clownish and annoying, but overall he just doesn't bother me much. he seems to fill the role they are looking for. I always get a bit bewildered by all the venom directed his way here at the huddle.

Mostly I guess for me it boils down to this. I can never remember watching an exciting game and being pissed off by how bad an announcer was. At least not enough to diminish the enjoyment of the game itself. Further, I've never hung in there with a crappy game because the announcers were just so great.

I think the only time I've ever really noticed an annoying announcer is when the game sucks so I've lost interest in the on-field product. Mind you, as I get older, or more specifically, married, I find that I don't watch crappy games anymore. Unless I'm sweating out a FF game.

The blanket on his lap was pretty queer (no offense Atomic).

Hey!

How did you even know I'd open this thread? :wacko:

Did anyone else notice that Kornheiser seems to just suck Jaws' wang every time Jaws talks about something in-depth? It was starting to get to me last night.

I've been the resident apologist, but even I think he's getting a bit annoying. It is almost like he is trying to fill a role rather than being himself. He tried to come up with odd points for the guys to discuss, and sometimes they're just flat out ignorant. Still love when he goes on a rant, love reading his stuff, love his tv show, but even I am starting to think that maybe they picked the wrong guy for this role.

That said, the game last year where Wilbon sat in with the guys was the best I've heard this group. They should have thought about involving him somehow. He and Kornheiser have such a good chemistry that it would make Tony much more entertaining.

my impersonation of kornheiser ...

"brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre brett favre ..."

you get the idea.