[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys vs. Eagles

Cowboyz1

Well, here it is. When I looked at the schedule prior to the season, I said to myself "Philly in Philly week 17, ooohhhhhhhh". I got the feeling that come week 17 we had better be in the playoffs already and not have a must win situation to get there. Well, it's here and we have to win to reach the playoffs.

I don't like it one bit. I'm not betting on it, I'm not predicting it, I'm only going to talk about it so as to have no possible wammy's out there to foul things up. I liked DMD's prediction also, kind of made me feel the way he did about throwing in some reverse joo joo maybe. Good call DMD.

Anyhow, I just can't figure this team out at all. But I think I have a grasp on a few things.

1. The Defense can play lights out when it want's to, and I mean Doomsday style. Inconsistent yes, but this D line has dominated for the most part. The secondary has been great at times. Newman and Henry healthy makes a big difference. This kid Scandrick is a real gem. There is really no reason this secondary shouldn't have more picks. We have 58 sacks. 58, now that kind of pressure should be producing turnovers but it's not. Why? I think it has something to do with this secondary still not playing together as a unit and in the last few weeks have played more press coverage which should produce more turnovers. I have to believe all of them are banged up and a half of step slowed as a result.

2. The Offense is just erratic. I love this Choice kid. Garrett has been caught up to. They seem to be vanilla on O. I mean the play calling doesn't surprise me at all which means I have rarely said, OH great call Garrett. If they throw on first down they run on second. If the running game is working they go away from it and throw it. There is just too much talent on the O to be stopped. I thought they would have Roy worked into the O by now. But he is hurt. The injury bug has slowed this O down for sure. Moving parts aren't good for a young team. I just don't see them setting teams up like they did last year. Where's the bread and butter? Barber iffy, Choice Rookie, Witten hurt, Roy hurt, Austin in and out hurt, Felix gone, I mean I guess you can't expect consistancy with that.

3. Special team has been bad to average all year. That is not good given the talent that is on this team. I have to hand it to the Scouting Department because they made some great picks this year and last. We got solid ballers but that should mean the special teams is solid. I blame the coaching staff for those mistakes on special teams. Like last week, I was sitting on the couch calling that fake field goal because it just seemed obvious to me they were going to try it. Coaching staff should have had them warned, and they were obviously caught off guard.

The media just has a field day with the Cowboys. I mean there is always some made up crap thrown out there to get things going. This last 4 game stretch has been brutal but I feel pretty good about it. Pitt then NY then Balt and now Philly. I mean all four teams with top 4 Defenses. I got to think that preped us pretty good or battle hardened the team up a bit if you will. OR it wore us down.

We will find out Sunday. I agree with my fellow boys fans that say they could just as well win it all or be home watching the playoffs this year. I do know we can play with anyone in the league and win especially with the D playing the way it has lately. They just can't be left out there all game in tough situations because of turnovers. If you would have told me that this D would have 58 sacks and Ware would be 3 sacks away from the single season record, I would have said this team is unbeatable if Romo avoids picks and fumbles.

Looks like we're in for another Classic battle in Philly. Can't wait, wish I had Fast Forward clicker like in click.

Win and your In Boys, Win and your in...............

My heroes have always been cowboys.

And they still are, it seems.

I grew up a-dreamin' of bein' a cowboy,

and Lovin' the cowboy ways.

Pursuin' the life of my high-ridin' heroes,

I burned up my childhood days.

I learned of all the rules of the modern-day drifter,

Don't you hold on to nothin' too long.

Just take what you need from the ladies, then leave them,

With the words of a sad country song.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

My heroes have always been cowboys.

And they still are, it seems.

I grew up a-dreamin' of bein' a cowboy,

and Lovin' the cowboy ways.

Pursuin' the life of my high-ridin' heroes,

I burned up my childhood days.

I learned of all the rules of the modern-day drifter,

Don't you hold on to nothin' too long.

Just take what you need from the ladies, then leave them,

With the words of a sad country song.

:wacko:

While I am a big Marion Barber fan I hope he has limited to no role in this game if his injury limits him to what we have seen the last few games. A bruising runner that cant push off is just a slow sitting target IMO. Choice has shown he can carry the load. I would depend on him for the running game. It will be tough against Phillys D and I worry about Choices ability to protect Romo with the Eagles complex blitz packages so maybe make that barbers role for this game

As far as the game I think Romo plays well in this one. This is ultimately a play off game atmosphere and I know Dallas and Romo have not done well at all in that situation but my gut is telling me he steps up in this one. If you take Westbrook out of the game and dont let McNabb break containment on the ground in passing situations I think we can handle Phillys O. I like Desean but I feel we can keep him in check.

Dallas absolutely must avoid those spirit crushing drive continuing/ ending penalties that they have a tendency for in recent years. Do that and win the turnover battle and we can be succesful in this one.

Keys to Victory summary

1. Contain Westbrook

2. Dont let McNabb beat you with his legs if we have good coverage

3. Win the turnover battle or more so no bonehead picks by Romo

4. Keep penalties to a min

As dissapointing as Dallas has been and as heartless as they have played at times a win here can wipe the slate clean. In Romos interview on espn early in the week he put it best. If Dallas is the team we thought they were they will win this game.

Edited by whomper

I can't wait for Sunday afternoon, it's only Friday!!!

I feel the same way about Sunday night. I reserved my bar stool for $25 already. Thank god 'cause usually its first come first serve like usual and I'd probably have to get there about the time the afternoon games start. By game time, I'd be drunk already.

I feel the same way about Sunday night. I reserved my bar stool for $25 already. Thank god 'cause usually its first come first serve like usual and I'd probably have to get there about the time the afternoon games start. By game time, I'd be drunk already.

$25???, just come over to TX, we'll hook u up

Sorry folks, got you all rilled up for nothing..............................Unreal.................Now even I have to wonder if Wade is as SAFE as I thought he was prior to this, this..........................I don't even know what to call it.

Embarrassing.................. :D:D:D:smash::pokey::D:D:D:wacko: