[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben goes down

Menudo

Being looked at on the field right now. It looked like his head hit the turf pretty hard. It might be a concussion, but, it's too early to tell right now. This is exactly what Steelers fans didn't want to see today. :wacko:

Hopefully, he will be o.k., but, he has been down on the field for a long time now.

They are loading him onto a stretcher now. First off, I hope he is o.k. and this is nothing serious. He was moving his limbs. As for the decision to play him, Tomlin said after last week's game that he would play his starters as much as necessary. He made the decision, and this is the worst possible consequence.

I'm not upset with his decision, as I don't think resting players is the right move. However, this sucks.......... :wacko:

First, I sure hope that Ben is okay. I'm sure it is going to be a concussion so that first round bye will come at a great time. Second, I have no problem with Tomlin playing starters in a game that means nothing. If they did not have a bye next week then I may feel a little different but letting them have all that playing time off between that first round game is not good. IMHO

First, I sure hope that Ben is okay. I'm sure it is going to be a concussion so that first round bye will come at a great time. Second, I have no problem with Tomlin playing starters in a game that means nothing. If they did not have a bye next week then I may feel a little different but letting them have all that playing time off between that first round game is not good. IMHO

My guess is Tomlin probably had a plan to play Big Ben the first half only. Still 2+ minutes left in the half before he got injured. Just tough luck IMO as heartless as that sounds, it's not meant to sound that way. The Steelers were somewhat still struggling on offense and like the Cardinals they needed something positive out of their offense before the playoffs started.

Now, Lefty has showed me something in his brief appearances this year. But am I comfortable going into the postseason with Lefty as my QB? Hell no, as Ben has been there before with success.

My only hope is that Big Ben has a slight concussion and will have plenty of time to heal before week 2 of the playoffs. His thumbs up gesture was a very nice sign that indeed the stretcher was a precautionary measure. I hope as well as all of my fellow Steeler fans that he'll be ok.

Hope Ben is ok.

I hate him because he's a Steeler, not for any other reason, but I don't want to see these kind of injuries for anyone.

That line is really bad, I can't believe they have the record they have (even w/ their defense). If they don't address it, this won't be the only time Ben takes this kind of hit.

Hope Ben is ok.

I hate him because he's a Steeler, not for any other reason, but I don't want to see these kind of injuries for anyone.

That line is really bad, I can't believe they have the record they have (even w/ their defense). If they don't address it, this won't be the only time Ben takes this kind of hit.

VERY true. Other than depth on the Defensive line, where they are getting old, and possibly secondary depth, they don't have any pressing needs other than fixing that AWFUL offensive line. Hopefully they will realize it is a priority and don't try to sell the fans on "they are young and we have to be patient with them (offensive line)" They did lose their two longest tenured O-lineman, but, to be honest, I think Marvel Smith is average and Kendall Simmons is below average, even when healthy.

Well......I also hope Ben is ok. Of course.

But with all the talk of Ben, a few things were overlooked today in the game.

Congratulations to Hines Ward! A team record 800 career catches (72 TDs) and his 5th career 1000 yd season. :D

And congrats to Jamal Lewis for his 1002 yd rushing season. We were pulling for him to get his 1000 yds.....he and Cribbs were the only two guys I saw this year for the Browns that gave 100% every week. :wacko:

Local radio is already making the Big Ben injury sound very minor. They have talked to players and even a few coaches and no one is sounding like they are worried. Lots of precaution was taken as there should have been but it really is sounding, (Steeler radio), like it was nothing but precaution. Willie Parker even commented that no one was injured when asked about playing starters so unless he counts Ben as no one, it sounds like the team is not real concerned.

Local radio is already making the Big Ben injury sound very minor. They have talked to players and even a few coaches and no one is sounding like they are worried. Lots of precaution was taken as there should have been but it really is sounding, (Steeler radio), like it was nothing but precaution. Willie Parker even commented that no one was injured when asked about playing starters so unless he counts Ben as no one, it sounds like the team is not real concerned.

Thanks for posting this Skippy. That is good news.