[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys 2009 Offseason

no one

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a trade for Tom Brady?

Link

Problems arose when an infection invaded Brady’s knee. After six weeks of IV antibiotics and several additional procedures, Curran reports that the ACL and MCL are still “loose.” There’s also scar tissue in the knee, which is limiting mobility and which might have to be removed surgically.

But the looseness of the ligaments is the bigger potential problem. Curran reports that Brady might need surgery that would wipe out his 2009 season.

Link

Problems arose when an infection invaded Brady’s knee. After six weeks of IV antibiotics and several additional procedures, Curran reports that the ACL and MCL are still “loose.” There’s also scar tissue in the knee, which is limiting mobility and which might have to be removed surgically.

But the looseness of the ligaments is the bigger potential problem. Curran reports that Brady might need surgery that would wipe out his 2009 season.

No way he misses his 09 season, even if they have to go in and do another surgery. After what happened to Palmer in the playoffs a few years back, and how quickly he healed... Well, I don't doubt modern medicine.

QB. seriously.

HBTC, I think you might be the most level-headed Cowboys' fan on these boards. Romo is clearly a detriment to the team, regardless of the media-generated hype surrounding him and his "Favre-like" qualities. Aside from a knowledgeable GM, he might be the biggest problem on the team (and that's saying alot), because he can't lead, is prone to crucial mistakes, and has now proven for the 3rd year in a row that he can't win when it matters most, even with perhaps the best supporting cast of skill players around him.

The Cowboys needs this offseason:

1. General manager

1a. Quarterback

3. RId yourselves of T.O so the team chemistry can develop without everyone walking on eggshells

HBTC, I think you might be the most level-headed Cowboys' fan on these boards. Romo is clearly a detriment to the team, regardless of the media-generated hype surrounding him and his "Favre-like" qualities. Aside from a knowledgeable GM, he might be the biggest problem on the team (and that's saying alot), because he can't lead, is prone to crucial mistakes, and has now proven for the 3rd year in a row that he can't win when it matters most, even with perhaps the best supporting cast of skill players around him.

The Cowboys needs this offseason:

1. General manager

1a. Quarterback

3. RId yourselves of T.O so the team chemistry can develop without everyone walking on eggshells

Romo's biggest problem that I've seen is when he gets down on himself too quick and seems to not be able to dig himself out of it...

Link

seriously....Brady could retire now and still make the HoF

Not sure Dallas can lure Cowher with money. That would really be the only reason in the world he would possibly consider Dallas. The only shot at him is if the saying "Every man has his price" applies to Cowher. My gut tells me it doesnt. He is already a very wealthy man and looks pretty damn happy on sundays. If he does get the urge to coach again he will still get a fat payday (maybe not as big as jerry would give him) to take over a team that may not have as much on field "talent", and I use that term loosely, but will most likely not be as much of a trainwreck with an insane owner.

If we cant get Cowher you may have to suffer through another year of Wade to wait for Holmgren to fullfill the 1 year break from football he promised his wife. At that point if Holmgen is looking to get back in Jerry should give him the keys to the store. Highly doubtful but its really the only way to right the ship. Parcells had Dallas on the brink of a possible championship run although his coaching methods seemed to have run their course a little his eye for talent and his development of Romo could never be denied.

As far as the team

Romo-

Talented and young

Good touch passer and makes plays with his legs when needed

Terrible at protecting the ball

Highly questionable decision making skills. He is from the Favre school of chuck into coverage and pray rather than throw it away or take a sack

Comes up small in big games

The running game

Awesome 3 headed monster in my opinion. Barber is your bruiser that can put games away in the 4th, Jones is your homerun hitter and Choice played big when given his shot against very tough run D's

Wr/TE

T.O will be 1 year older. Still a top tier wr IMO

Roy Williams- I would like to see a full season with him and Romo on the same page . What I saw so far was not good.

Witten- Stud with hugh heart and awesome hands- I wish we had a team full of him

O line

Started the year protecting very well then got slow and old really quick. If they cant protect Romo who is terrible at protecting the ball that is a recipe for disaster. Not sure who needs to go and who stays but an upgrade is needed

Defense

In general on D their safeties are God awful. Newman is ok. Henry is bad. Ware is a beast . Ratliffe broke out this year . When teams needed to run on Dallas they did . When teams needed to pass on Dallas they did. We were horrific on 3rd down and the tacklin, especially in the secondary was horrible. I am not schooled enough to break the problems on D down in sections but from a laymans point of view there is many holes.

They need a non players coach. If that alienates T.O then so be it. Let him self destruct and let him go. They are a fairly young team with raw talent. This season was awful and there are no excuses. Romo getting hurt was a setback for sure but we were able to overcome that and control our own and we got spanked. We had a very tough final 4 games. Good teams do what they need to do to win at least enough of those games to get you in. We did it against the Giants , gave away Pitt, folded against Balt and got trampled by Philly.

HBTC, I think you might be the most level-headed Cowboys' fan on these boards. Romo is clearly a detriment to the team, regardless of the media-generated hype surrounding him and his "Favre-like" qualities.

The thing is that it wasnt media generated hype. It was hype generated by performance early on.

Well, if the Dallas braintrust decides to move Romo, kindly send him to Minnesota. TIA.

Minny wouldn't be the only suitors by a long shot. I can't believe all these knee-jerk "get rid of Romo" posts. The guy just needs decent coaching that emphasizes situational awareness but doesn't kill his obvious abilities.

Edit: It seems to have escaped the notice of Dallas fans that at least a dozen teams don't have an NFL caliber QB.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Minny wouldn't be the only suitors by a long shot. I can't believe all these knee-jerk "get rid of Romo" posts. The guy just needs decent coaching that emphasizes situational awareness but doesn't kill his obvious abilities.

Edit: It seems to have escaped the notice of Dallas fans that at least a dozen teams don't have an NFL caliber QB.

It's laughable really. He just finished his second NFL season. He is mobile, smart, can make just about every throw in the book. The reason he makes mistakes is because he's a gamer and a competitor and is trying to make things happen. A little more experience and a little more coaching and he's going to be a real good/borderline great NFL QB. But if the semi-retarded Dallas fans want to get rid of him, like I mentioned, send him to the Vikes. :wacko:

Step 1 - fire the GM

Step 2 - hire a real GM

Step 3 - hire a real HC

Unless step 1 happens first nothing else matters

Agree 100%

QB. seriously.

Like a few others, I am surprised how quickly everyone is quick to throw Romo under the bus. I know it can be very frustrating when you have sporadic QB play (see Matt Schaub), but Romo has talent.

There isnt a better option than Romo and I believe him sending the punt team off the field yesterday when Wade sent them on the field is exactly what is wrong with him. He has this I can do all attitude, and his reigns need to be jerked back in a bit and make better decisions. But as I said before, he cut Carrie Underwood for Jessica Simpson. That is the only decision making I need to see to know this man doesnt get it. :wacko: