[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marinelli is gone

Furd

I'm a Bills fan and I think Jauron should be canned as well.

i honestly haven't seen enough of Jauron this year to say he should be canned, but in yesterdays game against

the Patriots he made some very curious play calls that cost his team.....and the call against the Jets 2 weeks ago,

very poor

i honestly haven't seen enough of Jauron this year to say he should be canned, but in yesterdays game against

the Patriots he made some very curious play calls that cost his team.....and the call against the Jets 2 weeks ago,

very poor

A lot of that kind of stuff from him - just too much of a history of uninspired play and a complete lack of imagination on offense. I don't think he's the absolute worst coach out there, but the Bills are stuck in neutral and I don't see them suddenly becoming a consistent playoff contender with Jauron at the helm.

A lot of that kind of stuff from him - just too much of a history of uninspired play and a complete lack of imagination on offense. I don't think he's the absolute worst coach out there, but the Bills are stuck in neutral and I don't see them suddenly becoming a consistent playoff contender with Jauron at the helm.

This is about as accurate an assesment of the Bills coaching there is. :wacko:

I am pissed off by this. So they promote two guys who are part of the Millen era instead of reaching out for a proven winner. :wacko:

yeah, Ford Sr. still at it. Why not go after a proven GM / President. Parcells may be on the market, etc...etc... Maybe Martin Mayhew (MM) would be a good GM but why take that chance here, he was Millen's right hand man. I mean serously.

Edited by chiefjay

yeah, Ford Sr. still at it. Why not go after a proven GM / President. Parcells may be on the market, etc...etc... Maybe Martin Mayhew (MM) would be a good GM but why take that chance here, he was Millen's right hand man. I mean serously.

Yeah, I don't understand this as well. Why keep two guys who have been part of the losing culture and promote them to GM/President. Why wouldn't you blow the entire team up and start from scratch?

I am pissed off by this. So they promote two guys who are part of the Millen era instead of reaching out for a proven winner. :wacko:
Ford said he will bring in another front-office employee, but that new hire might not have full power over personnel matters. With Mayhew heading the talent evaluation department and Lewand managing the business side, it's unclear where the new hire would fit in -- unless it is a new coach who gets some say in personnel. In either event, Lewand and Mayhew will conduct the search process for this employee.

Meh. I'm actually a little surprised that Marinelli got fired. WCF really liked him. They gave Millen so much room for error that I figured they would let Marinelli lose another season. Who knows what is going on in Ford land; it's obviously a mess. Maybe the Fords are afraid to give one person too much power after the Millen fiasco.

Bill Polian likes Mayhew.

Last week I was at the same college football game as the best general manager in professional football, Indy's Bill Polian. At halftime of the Kansas State-Louisville game, I picked Polian's brain about young GM prospects. To my great surprise he was extremely high on Mayhew, who was just promoted to assistant GM in Detroit.

Polian is convinced that Mayhew has a deep understanding of personnel and a tremendous work ethic. Mayhew was one of only four guys Polian identified as a future GM.

If you don't know, Polian built the Buffalo Bills Super Bowl teams, the Carolina Panthers team that advanced to the Super Bowl and, of course, the Indianapolis Colts squad that won it all. He knows what it takes to build a winner.

Mayhew might be worth hanging onto for a year or two.

:D

Maybe they hire an outside consultant to help them out (i.e. Parcells). They need someone who knows how to evaluate the talent pool to get the best value out there in the draft and on the free agent market. They have about the worst team chemistry imaginable and have been poorly coached for a long time.

Detroit is going to give extensions to its management team already in place — Tom Lewand as president and Martin Meyhew as general manager, who will both select a new head coach. I expect them to talk to Tom Heckert of the Eagles and Jimmy Raye Jr. of the Chargers as a potential vice president of personnel. I hope this front office has a great Power Point presentation to convince the next coach they can find talented players. I’ve always felt that past performance predicts future achievement, and part of hiring a head coach is convincing him that you can find talent to help him win.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/1...tavern-talk-89/