[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mangini Gone

Easy n Dirty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was he really a bad coach though? I mean, they lost a lot of games due to Favre's ability to turn the ball over more than anyone else.

Yes, he has a headset on and watched as the Jets would consistently average 5-10YPC and reel off 12 straight pass plays with a number of 3 and outs. Watching them gain 25 yards running Thomas Jones in the wind and rain against the Broncos, who possessed the worst rushing defense in the league, and then come out and run a double-reverse resulting in a fumble was more than I could stomach. They then followed that up with 13 passing plays out of their next 15 plays. Again, I remind you, in inclement weather against the league's worst D.

For any head-coach to sit there and let the OC call such a horrendous game is a great example of poor head coaching.

The Jets play calling alone cost them at least 5 games this season!

Yes, he has a headset on and watched as the Jets would consistently average 5-10YPC and reel off 12 straight pass plays with a number of 3 and outs. Watching them gain 25 yards running Thomas Jones in the wind and rain against the Broncos, who possessed the worst rushing defense in the league, and then come out and run a double-reverse resulting in a fumble was more than I could stomach. They then followed that up with 13 passing plays out of their next 15 plays. Again, I remind you, in inclement weather against the league's worst D.

For any head-coach to sit there and let the OC call such a horrendous game is a great example of poor head coaching.

The Jets play calling alone cost them at least 5 games this season!

Fair enough... And I know exactly how you feel. As a Bills fan, this kind of thing happened a lot with Penis Juron.

Can you explain this to me? How is his getting fired from the head coach position in NY a payback to anything related to the Pats? I must be missing something. :wacko:

Probably a reference to Mangini blowing the whistle on Belichick and lucnhing the whole SpyGate affair.

Re darin's post above - I heard a radio host discussing this exact issue earlier last week, i.e., the idea that Mangini was trying to imitate Belichick's style. The host said he knew Mangini a little bit and he did not think this was the case, that this is just who Mangini is (reserved, doesn't show his emotions much, etc.).

They spent a TON of money and didn't make the playoffs and he looked terrible along the way, no surprise here at all.

Sure but let's see where the Jets end up at the end of 2009. I'm willing to bet they'll be worse than 9-7 with the Pats still strong and Miami getting stronger under Parcells (assuming he's still there).

so what happens to him now?

i don't see another team hiring him as their HC

from what i saw from him in his years in NE, i think he makes a much better OC than a HC

he doesn't have the make up of a HC, imo

He's never been an OC.

so what happens to him now?

i don't see another team hiring him as their HC

from what i saw from him in his years in NE, i think he makes a much better OC than a HC

he doesn't have the make up of a HC, imo

He was a DC, was he not? BB's boy genius until their falling out.

Like QB, there will always be a shortage of NFL caliber HCs. A dozen teams will always be looking. I would think Mangini gets another shot.

true, but no one wants another team's immediate castoff. they almost always have to take a coordinator position somewhere to re-prove themselves first before they get another chance.

true, but no one wants another team's immediate castoff. they almost always have to take a coordinator position somewhere to re-prove themselves first before they get another chance.

This is true. I do think Mangini will end up HC with another team within a year or three though, especially as every year seems to see a minimum of eight HCs heading out the door.

Which brings up the subject of who else will be out this year? :wacko: SF already disposed of theirs, as did STL. That's five for the year - am I missing any? - another three to go for the rough average.

Mangini failed to make any adjustements on defense during this 1-4 stretch, and unless Buffalo gift wraps that game, it would have been 0-5. He just refused to adjust. He lept rushing 3 and playing very passive defensive schemes. Mangini wanted Favre. He got him, and he sank with him.

This collapse is 90% on Mangini and Favre. The owner is about to hit Jets fans for hugh PSL's. Fans aren't going to pony up $10,000 a seat to watch this debauchery. Woody Johnson opened the checkbook, Mangini went out and got all the FA's he wanted, including Favre. Nothing less than a playoff appearance was going to be enough, especially with NE losing Brady.

I think the final straw was when Mangini admitted they spent part of the week before the Seattle game preparing for Miami so the team could take the holidays off. Well, Mangini can go spend lots of time with his family now, after all, he desrves it.