[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

calling Cowboy fans

LooGie

I am a Steelers fan. Would you like to compare and contrast Romo's first few years with Big Ben's?

You want to take Big Ben against Romo's next years stats? Stats defined as yards and TD passes.

Big Ben was obviously successful early, but what has he done since? The same team went into the following season and the following sesaon after that and didn't repeat. Why? If your coached right and have the talent.

I think Romo is a solid, talented QB but please stop making excuses for this guy. He is playing on a incredibly talented team and has an AWESOME suppoorting cast around him. How many QB's in this league would love to have a solid O-line, Barber, Jones, Choice, TO, R. Williams and Witten at their disposal? C'mon, from top to bottom it doesn't get any better than that so stop whining cowboys!

And don't talk to me about dealing with the pressure of playing in Big D with all the media coverage. Pressure is when you're Peyton Manning and trying to win a SB to justify your greatness. Pressure is when you're McNabb playing QB in Philly and fans start booing after you've thrown your first pass. Pressure is when your Eli Manning playing in NY trying to live up to your last name.

In Dallas it's all about excuses and finger pointing. It's TO, it's the coaches, it's Jerry Jones, it's the media. Guess what? It's the players and Romo deserves a ton of bashing. Just imagine what would happen if MacNabb played like Romo did last week???

He has, or need I remind you of Roy Williams pick six a couple years back. Or him drag arsing it in the superbowl wasting precious time agianst NE. Or the fake handoff to westbrook in this year against us.

Romo is not getting a pass at all because I mentioned things that are hurting his play and causing the team to loose. However, you can't blame Romo for Crayton dropping that crossing route against the Giatns last year. Nor can you blame him for TO fumbling the ball inside the 10. Or Barber fumbling for six the other way on the 3. I have seen a lot of mistakes by the D fence that Romo has overcome and some he has not. Two 70 plus yard touchdown runs back to back on first down when you know they are going to run. Come on Romo had them in position to win at least 2 more games this year. All I am saying is the guy can play football and has much more to learn about the game and his own mistakes. That said, the kid has enormous talent and will only get better if he keeps his confidence and doesn't crack under the pressure of winning of trying to do it all himself. He shouldn't have to as pointed out above. He has made his share of mistakes but he for the most parts alwasy finds a way to cover his own but he can't always cover everyone elses.

I honestly think that as starting QBs go, Romo is in the upper half of the league. He will catch a large part of the heat, but I believe that the biggest problem(s) in Dallas are the front office and coaching staff, not the talent. You will forever have a collection of individuals and not a team as long as Jerry Jones and Wade Phillips are calling the shots. I would also issue a word of caution about Jason Garrett. He may in the long run be a successful head coach somewhere in this league, but it won't be in Dallas. He is too close to JJ and the way he does things. He'll never be his own man while working in Dallas.

Tony Romo is a choke artist. I'm not sure how much more evidence we need at this point. The Cowboys can keep trotting him out there, I don't think there are any other choices at the present time, but they're not gonna win it all with this guy. They simply aren't. They could have the Super Bowl all wrapped up, and all they need to do is run the clock out, and he'll get too excited and blow it. Romo is very talented and has the right smile, but has zero where it counts, when it counts.

funny I consider choking 3 NFC CHamp games in a row, then the Super Bowl the next year crapping the bed.

Romo will be fine. Manning hadnt won a playoff game at this point in his career. I think Romo has the tools to be a great QB, but the decision making needs to be addressed, and soon. Dallas will again be one of the most talented teams in the NFL next year. Which team will we see 13-3 or 9-7. If healthy, I say closer to 13-3 and a division winner.

Romo will never get that far for you to find out, because their fans don't deserve it.

He has, or need I remind you of Roy Williams pick six a couple years back. Or him drag arsing it in the superbowl wasting precious time agianst NE. Or the fake handoff to westbrook in this year against us.

Romo is not getting a pass at all because I mentioned things that are hurting his play and causing the team to loose. However, you can't blame Romo for Crayton dropping that crossing route against the Giatns last year. Nor can you blame him for TO fumbling the ball inside the 10. Or Barber fumbling for six the other way on the 3. I have seen a lot of mistakes by the D fence that Romo has overcome and some he has not. Two 70 plus yard touchdown runs back to back on first down when you know they are going to run. Come on Romo had them in position to win at least 2 more games this year. All I am saying is the guy can play football and has much more to learn about the game and his own mistakes. That said, the kid has enormous talent and will only get better if he keeps his confidence and doesn't crack under the pressure of winning of trying to do it all himself. He shouldn't have to as pointed out above. He has made his share of mistakes but he for the most parts alwasy finds a way to cover his own but he can't always cover everyone elses.

Blah Blah...more excuses for a turnover prone guy who doesn't play well in the big games. The funny thing is, his supporting cast is so strong he doesn't even have to play spectacular. Just avaoid turn overs and let his guys make plays for him. How many other QB's in the league have that luxury or such a strong supporting cast?

The bottom line is he's been a choke artist thus far in his career. I define choking as someone who plays below their abilities in the big moments and lays an egg when it counts. That's why I've always dissed Peyton so much in the past. The guy is usually rock solid in the regular season but shaky come playoff time. Romo is following a similar path.

The guy is usually rock solid in the regular season but shaky come playoff time. Romo is following a similar path.

not only that, but on every national stage he's the biggest turd on the field. i honestly cant' think of a SNF or MNF game where he was playing and didn't have multiple interceptions or fumbles, bobbled snaps, trips, fall downs etc. when the season isn't on the line, or there's other NFL games on to watch, he's kid do no wrong. turn on the lights and he's dreaming of a mexican cruise with blondie.

I honestly think that as starting QBs go, Romo is in the upper half of the league. He will catch a large part of the heat, but I believe that the biggest problem(s) in Dallas are the front office and coaching staff, not the talent. You will forever have a collection of individuals and not a team as long as Jerry Jones and Wade Phillips are calling the shots. I would also issue a word of caution about Jason Garrett. He may in the long run be a successful head coach somewhere in this league, but it won't be in Dallas. He is too close to JJ and the way he does things. He'll never be his own man while working in Dallas.

This is the best post in this thread. I'm not sure what this team is or can be with Jerry, Wade and Jason running things. And that includes Romo.

If we're gonna call a spade a spade, lets take this all the way. The Cowboys would be better off with a Trent Dilfer type than Tony Romo. Romo will never win a championship in this league. I think that is becoming glaringly apparent. The Cowboys appear to be willing to waste their time for the next five years while this guy holds them back. I can't wait to sit back, grab a cold one, and watch the Cowboys blow up! These past two weeks have been as enjoyable as any time I can remember as far as football wise, except for the Super Bowl run in 2005. I'm actually tuning into sportscenter to watch Jerry's face. This is just fantastic.

If we're gonna call a spade a spade, lets take this all the way. The Cowboys would be better off with a Trent Dilfer type than Tony Romo. Romo will never win a championship in this league. I think that is becoming glaringly apparent. The Cowboys appear to be willing to waste their time for the next five years while this guy holds them back. I can't wait to sit back, grab a cold one, and watch the Cowboys blow up! These past two weeks have been as enjoyable as any time I can remember as far as football wise, except for the Super Bowl run in 2005. I'm actually tuning into sportscenter to watch Jerry's face. This is just fantastic.

:D I'm trying to figure out how you really feel, but it's hard. Your always tip toeing in the tulips :wacko:

If we're gonna call a spade a spade, lets take this all the way. The Colts would be better off with a Trent Dilfer type than Peyton Manning. Manning will never win a championship in this league. I think that is becoming glaringly apparent. The Colts appear to be willing to waste their time for the next five years while this guy holds them back.

I've seen this before.. :wacko:

Each NFL season, the teams I hate grow smaller and smaller...I don;t even think I hate any NFL team....Giants-SB champs last yr, great win, fun game to watch, even when prego; Philly--doing their absolute best w/ what they've got, Andy Reid I kinda feel sorry for; Denver, Cutler is a cool dude, GB (didn't like Rodgers at first) now I respect him and them...Romo, on a short leash now, but he needs some seasoning, let's see how next yr goes.

• 1 year later...

I thought is was about time to recall this thread. I can't find the one I bet in so if you find it bump it as I believe I owe a sig line to one of you who took Bress to out perform Romo in TD's. And if I recall correctly, the bet was TD passes and farther in the playoffs. I don't believe Romo can catch Brees but as far as yards, Romo ended #2. Not bad young man not bad. Now lets get a playoff win.

I can't find the one I bet in so if you find it bump it as I believe I owe a sig line to one of you who took Bress to out perform Romo in TD's. And if I recall correctly, the bet was TD passes and farther in the playoffs. I don't believe Romo can catch Brees but as far as yards, Romo ended #2. Not bad young man not bad. Now lets get a playoff win.

Here. Eli also was ahead of Romo in TDs, but your bet with Matt770 looks like it was only for the post season, not TDs too.