[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I gotta BAD feeling about the Chiefs

Chief Dick

I am hearing NOTHING regarding any searches for GM's here in KC. And the longer this lasts, the list of potential coaching candidates starts to dwindle if the new GM wants his own coach.

Making me nervous now.

This is a good job, both coaching and GM.

1. Stable ownership

2. #3 draft pick in the upcoming draft

3. Tons of cap room

4. Newly renovated stadium under construction as we speak.

5. Total autonomy for a GM

6. Great fan base

How do the Draft Pick rules work? Why don't they have a shot for #2 finishing with the same record as STL?

BTW, I have the same concerns about a general lack of progress when they should be out beating the bushes to find some quality leadership in the front office.

How do the Draft Pick rules work? Why don't they have a shot for #2 finishing with the same record as STL?

BTW, I have the same concerns about a general lack of progress when they should be out beating the bushes to find some quality leadership in the front office.

Strength of schedule for the previous season is the first tie-breaker for teams with the same winning percentage.

• Divisional and conference records are the next step in the tie-breaking procedure.

• As a last resort, a coin toss is used to determine the order of selection for teams with the same winning percentage.

The tiebreaker used was weaker strength of schedule.

STL .533

KCC .537

So STL woe the tiebreaker.

It's too early to worry. The best GM's are still running their playoff teams. The Chiefs will hire a guy for the next ten years. That isn't something you want to see rushed into. I always liked the Chiefs, back to that Super Bowl AFL win over the vaunted NFL. I'd hate to see a hasty decision made. A wrong move here would be very bad.

It's a premium job, and KC should darn near have the pick of the litter. For the reasons you mentioned, it may well be the best GM job in the entire NFL. Now, if you see the NE and INDY GM's go elsewhere... time to worry. Too ealry to start sweating.

Thank you for the explanation.

I have been reading a bunch of 2009 Draft projections and it looks like the top 3 in about 90%+ of the drafts are QB Matt Stafford, QB Sam Bradford, and OT Michael Oher. OT Andre Smith and WR Michael Crabtree are also sprinkled in for some of those Top 3 spots.

I would love to get Oher with the #3 spot and really strengthen the line. I think the years we had a dominant OL you could throw anyone in at QB and be reasonably successful. I think Thigpen would be fine with a dominant OL and makes everything better including the running game. Not sure what LJ is going to do as he is running his mouth like crazy. A strong OL makes everything better though.

I would love to get Oher with the #3 spot and really strengthen the line. I think the years we had a dominant OL you could throw anyone in at QB and be reasonably successful. I think Thigpen would be fine with a dominant OL and makes everything better including the running game. Not sure what LJ is going to do as he is running his mouth like crazy. A strong OL makes everything better though.

Agree.

As muck always says: "Get the fat guys first."

It's too early to worry. The best GM's are still running their playoff teams. The Chiefs will hire a guy for the next ten years. That isn't something you want to see rushed into. I always liked the Chiefs, back to that Super Bowl AFL win over the vaunted NFL. I'd hate to see a hasty decision made. A wrong move here would be very bad.

It's a premium job, and KC should darn near have the pick of the litter. For the reasons you mentioned, it may well be the best GM job in the entire NFL. Now, if you see the NE and INDY GM's go elsewhere... time to worry. Too ealry to start sweating.

+1, I see Clark as a pretty smart man overall and I think he is formulating a long list of possible GM's by doing a lot of research and talking to those in the know. This is a job for the long term and I want them to select the best man for the front office that meshes well with them.

They have to take a dominant Olineman, DE or a top QB with the #3 overall pick. I'd really like to see them trade down and take a LB and WR in round 1 though. Grab a DE and Olineman in rounds 2-3 or move up from the 3rd back into the 2nd to get both there. They need to take a flier on a RB and QB at some point. The weakest link on the whole team is at LB IMO.

As a side note I think J Maclin is going to be a stud at the next level and anyone that gets him is going to have a heck of a player. Meanwhile I am seeing Coffman being talked about in the 3rd round and that is a STEAL, he is the same mold as a Tony G, catches everything and is super hard to cover!

Somewhat tied to this, a former GM on a Bill Simmons podcast said the actual NFL GM and Coach dream job is Detroit - shocked me, but his reasoning made sense. They will spend money, fans will come if they do anything half decent, there's a ton of loyalty (ie, Matt Millen), and possibly most importantly, you can't look "bad" cause even a 6 win season will be a success ...

Whereas a team like Cleveland, if you don't make the playoffs asap, you'll be a bum. Same reason the Dallas jobs are not sought after that much - you'll be on your ass real quick if you don't deliver.

Thank you for the explanation.

I have been reading a bunch of 2009 Draft projections and it looks like the top 3 in about 90%+ of the drafts are QB Matt Stafford, QB Sam Bradford, and OT Michael Oher. OT Andre Smith and WR Michael Crabtree are also sprinkled in for some of those Top 3 spots.

Agree.

As muck always says: "Get the fat guys first."

I've been on the Michael Oher bandwagon for about two years and remain hopeful he ends up in KC. :wacko:

Muck, you and Chief saw more KC games then I this year. I have just a few games and stats to go on. Which rookies were you happy with? I didn't think either of our first rounders from this year played to the expectations that were set, though the two rookied CB's seemed to look promising. Thoughts?

CD , i think you will be having a new huddle name soon ...cant see Herm surviving the off season

:wacko: Couldn't change it last time, can't change it now.

true but still would be fun having a thread about it and coming up with names he could use if in fact we did change it

Man i need a hobby

Muck, you and Chief saw more KC games then I this year. I have just a few games and stats to go on. Which rookies were you happy with? I didn't think either of our first rounders from this year played to the expectations that were set, though the two rookied CB's seemed to look promising. Thoughts?

Albert started coming on at the end of the year once he got healthy.

Not really sure about Dorsey; I believe that he thought his strength and athleticism would carry him farther than it did; he needs to work on technique.

Jamaal Charles looked ok at times; hard to tell.

Rookie CBs looked pretty good; an offseason or two of hard work should do nothing but improve their impact to the team.

Everyone else? :wacko:

There are a ton of Mock sites up and active now the regular season is done. I have seen very few that don't have the Lions going with Matt Stafford and those that do seem to be going with either OT Andre Smith or OT Michael Oher. I think those are the top 3 guys on most boards right now. We shall see what happens after bowl games, Combines, etc.