[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerod Mayo DROY

Czarina

nice. he was a beast out there for most of the season. reminded me a bit of patrick willis.

the play that, for me, symbolizes mayo's season was at the tail end of the must-win BUF game, wind, rain, crap..everyone had pretty much packed it in...edwards was scrambling for a key first down to keep a possible scoring drive going (had they scored, would have been 13-7...maybe an onsides kick, you never know)...looked like edwards had a ton of running room after eluding a pats pass rush, was practically strolling to an easy first down, but mayo kept after him and dragged him down from behind, effectively killing any comeback chance. kid's just a player. :wacko:

Edited by msaint

The only other defensive rookie to get a vote was Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers. Of course, the rookie crop was far deeper on offense this year.

Probably would have been a little closer if Rivers hadn't gotten jaw-jacked and had to go on IR. He was having a pretty decent season at that point.

Man, oh, man. If he had lasted to the Lions' pick, he would be wearing Honolulu Blue, I can guarantee that.

Oh well, just proves that you gotta take the guy you want, and nuts to Mel Kiper's grades and "reaches" and whatever.

Peace

policy