[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now the Pac-10 in undefeated

devildog0311

I'm not sure why this is, but fans of the SEC are different in this respect. Note--I'm not saying better, I'm saying different. When watching the bowls, I root like hell for the SEC teams. I want every team in the SEC to win every out of conference game they play. Florida and Georgia and Florida and LSU are big rivals, but I routinely root for them when playing out of conference. And I don't mean mildly clapping my hands when they win, I mean standing up and cheering when they score. Watching Alabama lose to Utah sucked last night. I don't like Saban but Alabama is part of the SEC, so I wanted them to win. In the college pool, I picked GT to beat LSU because I thought they would. I was happy that I was wrong. Nothing so much drove home what the SEC is about than last year, after LSU won the NC game against Ohio State and the LSU players were chanting "SEC, SEC!"

In addition, I feel that if a conference is perceived as stronger, it can help recruiting for each team in the conference.

I was at the NC game last year and I asked someone why they were chanting that, and a Tiger fan said because OSU was Ofer against the SEC in bowl games. They were trying to insult OSU other than just the scoreboard.

Excuse me, but

Oregon was the #2 team in the Pac-10, going against the #5 team in the Big 12

Arizona beat a mid major BYU team that TCU completely destroyed.

SC punked another BIg 10 team on their home turf, that is in the process of winning 1 bowl game all season.

California is 9-4 and beat 7-5 Miami 24-17

Oregon St won while scoring only 3 points.

I do agree with some of this take for what it’s worth. Oklahoma State was similar to Texas Tech in that they can run over teams and make it look easy IF their defense can make a few stands. Many of the big 12 spread offenses remind me of the Colts in the NFL. They have people that can put up points in a hurry but they lack the players on defense to deal with solid offenses. So if they don’t get out to an early lead or if they have a few things break the opposition’s way they find themselves in trouble. The big 12 hasn’t always been like this and I really don’t think it’s a permanent situation. Everybody wants to claim they’ve been exposed and all their defenses are a sham. Nebraska beat a run heavy Clemson and held their top running backs (supposedly NFL caliber) to a total of 43 combined yards. While Nebraska was only #2 in the supposedly weaker big 12 north (although the Big 12 North has been 3-0 in bowls), they are an example of a younger defense in the big 12 that should be able to step it up over the next few years. This same thing happens many years when one divisions’ top 1 or 2 team beats a 5th or 6th ranked team from a “better” conference. Everyone says they are equal but I don’t know if you are really comparing apples to apples. I also contend that the 3-5 weeks in between the last regular season and the bowl games benefits the defense more than the offense. Offense is a timing matter and you can only practice so much. If these same matchups would have been played exactly one week after their final regular season game…I think many of the Big 12 offenses would have put up more points. There is no contending who actually won the games so I’m not trying to say anybody’s team or conference is shat. There are just more variables that come into play with these bowl games then some people realize. When you are dealing with 19-21 year old student athletes, sometimes they don’t show up in a bowl game (for example when a higher ranked team feels like they were snubbed for a better bowl and they play down while the underdog plays like their hair is on fire and makes them look bad).

LMAO, coming from someone who follows me around like a lil puppy dog. Have you ever thought just maybe, I get a rise outta seeing you tools get riled up and could care less what the point is.

As far as unhappy, are you freaking kidding me. I own my own business, have 3 healthy kids, have great family and friends and use this site for entertainment purposes. SO thank you for making it so easy. IN the past I actually had to work for it. But not with the tools in this forum.

I root for one team here, OU. I rip everyone else. Whats sad is I actually have to say this. You idiots cant figure it out for yourselves.

I have never understood this mentality and to be honest it takes away from this board.

I have never understood this mentality and to be honest it takes away from this board.

My guess is that it's BS to boot. I do imagine that many are more polarized on message boards than they are in real life. However, I would also imagine that almost nobody just takes on stances they don't believe just to rile people up.

Again, this isn't to say that they don't push the envelope and come off more extreme than normal.

However, as I have mentioned in other threads, I think the vast majority of alleged fishing trips are actually a case where someone is talking out of his ass, gets caught in a BS or circular argument, and tries to back out by playing the "just fishing" card.

It does appear that Sgt. Ryan relishes the hated one role. He sure likes how the martyr crown fits, based on his recent threads about how nobody gives OU a shot. So, it wouldn't surprise me if he turns it up a notch for effect. The irony, of course, is that he's also someone who's buttons are easily pushed. So, when he claims to sit back and watch us "tools get riled up", it certainly come off rather disingenuous and, well pathetic.

Whatever, that's pretty much how I see it.

If you only knew how much fun I have at your expense. I have to say thank you. I wouldnt even come to this forum if there werent such tools like you, Mike and Wildcat. You 3 make me laugh daily.

interesting b/c I don't find anything remotely funny about you at all.

And trust me, I am so glad you didn't take me up on my wagers - i don't want yer money or the bullchit drama that would go along with it.

I seem to remember that TOS BOUGHT you a ticket to the 2008 NC game and you thanked him by later making personal attacks and questioning his integrity and honesty about a $50 fantasy hoops league entry fee?

sorry - nothing funny about that at all, more along the lines of pathetic and dooch-y

And trust me, I am so glad you didn't take me up on my wagers - i don't want yer money or the bullchit drama that would go along with it.

I seem to remember that TOS BOUGHT you a ticket to the 2008 NC game and you thanked him by later making personal attacks and questioning his integrity and honesty about a $50 fantasy hoops league entry fee?

sorry - nothing funny about that at all, more along the lines of pathetic and dooch-y

He also claims that he doesn't care about what people think on here, but, he made a prediction in the NFL playoffs forum and when it didn't turn out right, he went in and deleted the thread. Who does that ? I agree, it's not funny, it is quite sad actually.

He also claims that he doesn't care about what people think on here, but, he made a prediction in the NFL playoffs forum and when it didn't turn out right, he went in and deleted the thread. Who does that ? I agree, it's not funny, it is quite sad actually.

menudo get over yourself. You went 0-4 in predictions this week, and love to point out when anyone else is wrong, yet when you are wrong you put a bag over your head and move on. Ill admit my teams Dallas and OU choke more than most, but I deleted the post to show you once again you are more wrong than anyone on this board, and it has nothing to do with allegiance to a team. Leaving Indy would win it all, would take away from you going 0-4 and you most certainly would just devert being wrong as usual, to someone else was wrong.

The difference between me and most here I would assume is I dont care. I can have ti both ways and when I get off here, its done. Ive been called every name in the book, and I dont have thin skin. I use this place as a release to my day, and get to talk sports in the mean time. Plenty of people have attacked me personally through the years and if its done anything is make me numb to it, and numb to doing it to others. I dont let what a complete stranger thinks about me bother me in the least. If I delete a post, its not that I care I was wrong. It just takes away from me being able to tell you, you were wrong. Its that simple. My track record of rooting for OU and Dallas with rose colored glasses is unquestioned. I wont apologize for those teams choking in recent big games, as i really have no control over it. Im a fan.

What I consider sad is those who hang on my every post just waiting to rip into what I say. I get more attention from this forum than I deserve. But some of you just cant help yourself. This isnt conceit, but instead an obvious observation. Hell Menudo follows me into league forums, PMs, this site, and the main board. I have to say Im flattered Boy band. :wacko:

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Lets be clear here, as you clearly do not have all the facts, as you rarely do.

TOS called me and said he had an extra ticket to the game, his wife or kid was sick and she wouldnt be coming, so if I could find a wayto New Orleans, I had a ticket.

And the personal attack was at Cincy, not OSU. Cincy is the one who always benefits from BS trades he makes with his brother and others. I said I didnt want Cincy back in the league, and Mike left as well. Mike also wouldnt return my calls, PM etc over money he said he was sending me. It wasnt until I called him out did he finally pay up. Do I think Mike is dishonest, NO I do not. But for whatever reason he wasnt paying me what he owed, and I let it go on for months before I did call him out for it. Do you think for a second if I made a wager with you, and I didnt pay, you would just let it go without saying a word publically. You would relish that chance, and would probably cash my check and still try and extort money from me, so Im glad we didnt wager either.

menudo get over yourself. You went 0-4 in predictions this week, and love to point out when anyone else is wrong, yet when you are wrong you put a bag over your head and move on. Ill admit my teams Dallas and OU choke more than most, but I deleted the post to show you once again you are more wrong than anyone on this board, and it has nothing to do with allegiance to a team. Leaving Indy would win it all, would take away from you going 0-4 and you most certainly would just devert being wrong as usual, to someone else was wrong.

The difference between me and most here I would assume is I dont care. I can have ti both ways and when I get off here, its done. Ive been called every name in the book, and I dont have thin skin. I use this place as a release to my day, and get to talk sports in the mean time. Plenty of people have attacked me personally through the years and if its done anything is make me numb to it, and numb to doing it to others. I dont let what a complete stranger thinks about me bother me in the least. If I delete a post, its not that I care I was wrong. It just takes away from me being able to tell you, you were wrong. Its that simple. My track record of rooting for OU and Dallas with rose colored glasses is unquestioned. I wont apologize for those teams choking in recent big games, as i really have no control over it. Im a fan.

What I consider sad is those who hang on my every post just waiting to rip into what I say. I get more attention from this forum than I deserve. But some of you just cant help yourself. This isnt conceit, but instead an obvious observation. Hell Menudo follows me into league forums, PMs, this site, and the main board. I have to say Im flattered Boy band. :wacko:

Seek professional help.....quickly. I'm 100% serious.