[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ole Miss vs. Texas Tech

Rockerbraves

No my point is the TT game will have no bearing on the outcome of a totally separate game. Trying to bridge that clear gap makes you a hater. My point was pretty clear in my first post. Is it clearer now?

Well, truth be told, UT did get robbed (provided they sack up on Monday), as did USC, Utah, and everyone else who took care of business over the last few days and was denied a spot in the the playoff that should be. My point, of course, refers to the system as it stands. UT fan's argument relied on Tech being good enough so UT's loss to them wasn't too damning but bad enough that they could dismiss them from the conversation pertaining to the 3-way tie. The last bit, of course, was the most feeble argument in their quiver. Making a big deal about head to head as it pertained to OU but being so quick to forget that the issue at hand was not head to head, but rather head to head to head.

None the less, I also recall some claiming that UT should be playing OU in the finals. The basis of the argument? That FL had a more embarrassing loss on their schedule. Well, right about now, losing to Ole Miss doesn't look as bad as losing to TTech, now does it.

Whatever, not hating. Perhaps making a shameless, "I told you so" comment. However, realizing that, at least within the confines of the current system, that OU and FL both had better cases for why they should play next Sunday is not hating on anyone.

See, I have the luxury of not having a dog in the fight, so I can, perhaps, see this all bit more clearly. Funny, actually, FL and OU are likely among the five programs I despise over all others and I don't much mind UT.

Edited by detlef

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic