[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FLA is going to kill Oklahoma

Sgt Ryan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much sums it up. I recall my first SEC game, it was UT vs Bama in Knoxville. My buddy scored some amazing seats but we just happened to be sitting among the few Bama fans in the whole place. We had a great time with them and everyone was gracious as all hell. Keep in mind, I just sort of adopted the Vols as my team because I had some really good friends who went there and they were the only guys I knew into college ball.

None the less, I've always been that way about whatever conference rules the area I live in. Because I was raised in Cali, I've always had a soft spot for the Pac 10. To this day I like to see those teams do well. Having now lived in North Carolina for 6 years, I'm that way about ACC hoops. I never liked Duke before I moved here, so I've become a bit of a UNC fan. In as much as I like to see them win. However, it seems natural to me that you want the other members of your conference to help legitimize your favorite team's success.

Honestly, based on what I see here, with Pac 10 honks taking up for the Pac 10, and Big 10 honks taking up for the Big 10, and SEC honks taking up for the SEC. Hell, my chef is from Connecticut and a huge huskies fan. He was in my grill all morning about how much better the Big East is than the ACC in hoops. Perhaps we're not the ones that should be explaining ourselves. Taking up for your conference seems more the norm and the way you hateful Big 12 guys see it seems to be out of the ordinary.

Well I guess I know one fan that doesn't buy in to the SEC SEC SEC stuff. I work with him, Milton, hes a DIEHARD AUB fan. It was so funny watching him rant and rave about how Bama got beat, as he's a very christian man and very rarely shows emotion, but he's one of the most polite people I have ever met, he's of the school so long as AUB does good thats all he cares about. Oh and FWIW he wanted Leach as the Tigers new coach, he is very animated about Cheesenick<-----what Milton calls him. LMAO

or just liars.

Any college football or basketball fan that does not pull for their own conference is full of chit.

call it tribal, whatever - that is yer hood and if they look good, you look good and vice-versa.

ESPECIALLY in football under the BCS bc strength of sched and who you play goes a long way in determining your season - you better want your conference to do well.

I love seeing the Pac 10 do well in all sports, we are The Conference of CHampions............

and in a big, say BCS game, I can even muster some strength and root for ASU - it is hard, but it can be done.

I might pull for a BIG 8 team and Tech cause I like Leach and lived in Lubbock when I was a kid, but those dam invaders from the south came crawling up north cause their poor little SWC was falling apart and siad can we pwease...............join your conf. and be the big 12........

Well then I take it back. Looks like an OU thing. Or maybe an OU/UT thing. Who knows, maybe it's just a Sarge thing. Regardless, the legion of people who seem to have it all wrong is just growing and growing.

Sarge sounds like another Texan (kinda famous actually) who's made a habit of confusing pigheadedness for resolve.

Or maybe an OU/UT thing<---------------bingo we have a winner, although for years this was not a conference game, the two teams/states/people/dogs/cats/hamsters/gerbils from these two states divided by the Red River do truly hate each other................cept the Texans that come to The University to play ball of course.

You see in the paper after Saxet got jabbed by the BCS and OU got the nod, the angry Texans were at the river throwing TNT at us Okies, what idiots, we picked it up, lit it and threw it back....................dumbass texans.................

Well then I take it back. Looks like an OU thing. Or maybe an OU/UT thing. Who knows, maybe it's just a Sarge thing. Regardless, the legion of people who seem to have it all wrong is just growing and growing.

Sarge sounds like another Texan (kinda famous actually) who's made a habit of confusing pigheadedness for resolve.

Perfectly put.

Taking up for your conference seems more the norm and the way you hateful Big 12 guys see it seems to be out of the ordinary.

Hey, hey, hey. Let's simmer down here on the “hateful” big 12. I don't know if Sarge really represents normal, well-adjusted Big 12 fans (some would argue “people skills” aren’t his best quality). I’m from Nebraska and pretty much everyone I know cheers on the other Big 12 schools in bowl games (we talk about it at work, among friends, to clients). Now granted we are way up North (darn near the center of US but I know some of you southerners think Iowa is pretty close to the Canadian border) but I think we are still about as friendly as anybody. Especially considering the stories I consistently hear of people getting their tires slashed and stuff thrown at them when they go to other school’s games. Granted, the typical NU fan at the games is probably much older than you but even the old Grandmas can talk trap block, zone defense, etc. (but some of the older ones are still stuck on option football so you have to cut them a break on this new fangled “throw” the ball concept).

Anyway, the only team I really struggled to cheer for was Mizzou this year (not a big Chump Daniels fan). OU used to be the big rival and there is a lot of OU vs. NU history but since they broke the Big 12 into North and South divisions we don’t even play every year so that rivalry isn’t what it once was (conference is trying to make Colorado the big rivalry now but it’s just not as big). I just ask everyone to realize who they are getting their Big 12 info from. If you think driving through Oklahoma is like a day at a Sarge family convention than I’d say maybe you should consider the source and add appropriate grains of salt.

Hey, hey, hey. Let's simmer down here on the “hateful” big 12. I don't know if Sarge really represents normal, well-adjusted Big 12 fans (some would argue “people skills” aren’t his best quality). I’m from Nebraska and pretty much everyone I know cheers on the other Big 12 schools in bowl games (we talk about it at work, among friends, to clients). Now granted we are way up North (darn near the center of US but I know some of you southerners think Iowa is pretty close to the Canadian border) but I think we are still about as friendly as anybody. Especially considering the stories I consistently hear of people getting their tires slashed and stuff thrown at them when they go to other school’s games. Granted, the typical NU fan at the games is probably much older than you but even the old Grandmas can talk trap block, zone defense, etc. (but some of the older ones are still stuck on option football so you have to cut them a break on this new fangled “throw” the ball concept).

Anyway, the only team I really struggled to cheer for was Mizzou this year (not a big Chump Daniels fan). OU used to be the big rival and there is a lot of OU vs. NU history but since they broke the Big 12 into North and South divisions we don’t even play every year so that rivalry isn’t what it once was (conference is trying to make Colorado the big rivalry now but it’s just not as big). I just ask everyone to realize who they are getting their Big 12 info from. If you think driving through Oklahoma is like a day at a Sarge family convention than I’d say maybe you should consider the source and add appropriate grains of salt.

Thanks for the backup neighboor.

Perhaps saying people from the North are not as friendly should be reworded to say something like as "people friendly". Take my experience on a business trip to Lincoln Nebraska. Just prior to our 3 hour plus presentation, I excused myself to take a pi$$. When I went up to the receptionist and asked, where's the men's room? She politely pointed towards a long hallway and told me "walk to the end of the hall then turn west. You can't miss it." :wacko:

Recall walking down that hall wondering which way was WEST? And I don't recall being offered a Coke prior to the presentation either...lol

Perhaps saying people from the North are not as friendly should be reworded to say something like as "people friendly". Take my experience on a business trip to Lincoln Nebraska. Just prior to our 3 hour plus presentation, I excused myself to take a pi$$. When I went up to the receptionist and asked, where's the men's room? She politely pointed towards a long hallway and told me "walk to the end of the hall then turn west. You can't miss it." :wacko:

Recall walking down that hall wondering which way was WEST? And I don't recall being offered a Coke prior to the presentation either...lol

Offered a Coke Rock? Had they known you were from LA. they might have offered an Abita to get things going.....

Thanks for the backup neighboor.

I think KU is probably my fav of the competitive big 12 North schools (gotta love Fatgino). I live in Omaha and there are plenty of people that go to KU for college (a few of my best friends). I make it down to Lawrence for a game every year. Went to the T Tech game this year (homecoming) and had a blast despite the game not working out for the hawks. Good bars and hot chicks...KU is a fun time.

I essentially recanted that statement when Choppy called me out earlier.

Dang it detlef this is the Internet. If we don't jump to conclusions and over-react than what good are we? The web has long been the place to talk first and then think later. Why should I be the one to screw up the tradition?