[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

why are the falcons favored today vs cards ?

isleseeya

I know Atlanta has had a great season and cards did stumble slightly at end of season but I think cards win today and win by double digits

Falcons are on road with a rookie qb ( a godd one but rookie none the less in his first playoff game ) and cards at home with boldin back coming off a good win vs seahawks ....I believe warner and gang will be able to move the ball very well and I think cards defense will at the least show up enough to limit falcons

Cards 28

Falcons 17

:wacko:

Yea....and the fact that the Cards have the best defense in the NFC West......... :D

I hope you're kidding. This is the same defense that made T. Jackson and D. McNabb look like Moon and Elway, all within the last few weeks. I'll give them this... it's the best the Cards D has played in quite some time... maybe since the win against the Cowboys early in the season.

So far, it appears that the rookie QB factor has had more of an impact than I thought it would. Lots of mistakes... the botched handoff, the safety (held on to it WAY too long), a couple of bad INT's, etc. Just got it to within a TD, though... Now it's time to find out what these Falcons are really made of. Need a stop and another TD.

Edit: I just re-read your post, and I guess it makes sense. I missed the "West" part. :wacko: I guess I would have to agree, although since Singletary took over, I might lean towards SF's D.

Edited by Gopher

I hope you're kidding. This is the same defense that made T. Jackson and D. McNabb look like Moon and Elway, all within the last few weeks. I'll give them this... it's the best the Cards D has played in quite some time... maybe since the win against the Cowboys early in the season.

So far, it appears that the rookie QB factor has had more of an impact than I thought it would. Lots of mistakes... the botched handoff, the safety (held on to it WAY too long), a couple of bad INT's, etc. Just got it to within a TD, though... Now it's time to find out what these Falcons are really made of. Need a stop and another TD.

Edit: I just re-read your post, and I guess it makes sense. I missed the "West" part. :wacko: I guess I would have to agree, although since Singletary took over, I might lean towards SF's D.

That's funny...thank god i read your full post, cuz I was about to clarify it was only the NFC West....guess you could argue they still do not have the best D....but they looked great today either way!!!!! Love it!!!

Props to the Cards...

- Warner played pretty much mistake-free football. The INT was not his fault.

- For the first time in a while, they made the RUN a big part of their offense... something they will need going forward (especially on the road).

- Defense played great... lots of pressure, a few big plays, and for the most part, stopped Turner.