[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers @ Steelers

Riffraff

Steelers and Chargers played earlier this year in PIT.

PIT won 11-10.

Chargers lost the game without giving up a TD.

PIT won on a FG with 15 seconds left in the game.

The latest on Big Ben:

Ben Roethlisberger (concussion) watched Steelers practice from the sidelines Thursday.

The Steelers don't practice Friday. They'll return to the field next Monday, after this weekend's Wild Card games. Roethlisberger remains on schedule to start in the Divisional Round.

Big Ben had 300 yards and Parker had 115 yards. Pretty amazing that they didn't score a TD.

Rivers had 2 INTs. Tomlinson had over 100 combined yards and the games only TD.

Pittsburgh had 13 penalties which probably made the game closer than it was by score.

Should be a good one next week.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chargers appear to be playing now, like the team I expected all season. The Steelers did dominate the last game, but, committed stupid penalties that almost cost them the game. The Chargers are a much better team now than they were then. I expect another great game. :wacko:

I think steelers win and it may not be that close

27 - 14

PIT has won by double digits 6 times (21, 4, 3, 5, 28, 17, 1, 17, 23, 7, 4, 31).

Only 1 of them (NE) was against a team with a winning record (2 were against 8-8 teams).

PIT has scored 20 or fewer points 8 times. PIT has allowed 20 or fewer points 12 times.

PIT has scored 30 or more points 4 times.

Chargers have not lost by double digits yet (2, 1, 7, 9, 5, 1, 3, 6).

You are saying PIT will hand them the beat down of the year.

SD has scored 20 or fewer points 6 times. SD has allowed 20 or fewer points 5 times.

SD has scored 30 or more points 7 times.

Lots of people make it sound like the Chargers have played absolutely awful all year.

PIT has to keep the game low scoring. SD wants a shootout.

Edited by Riffraff

PIT has won by double digits 6 times (21, 4, 3, 5, 28, 17, 1, 17, 23, 7, 4, 31).

Only 1 of them (NE) was against a team with a winning record (2 were against 8-8 teams).

PIT has scored 20 or fewer points 8 times. PIT has allowed 20 or fewer points 12 times.

PIT has scored 30 or more points 4 times.

Chargers have not lost by double digits yet (2, 1, 7, 9, 5, 1, 3, 6).

You are saying PIT will hand them the beat down of the year.

SD has scored 20 or fewer points 6 times. SD has allowed 20 or fewer points 5 times.

SD has scored 30 or more points 7 times.

Lots of people make it sound like the Chargers have played absolutely awful all year.

PIT has to keep the game low scoring. SD wants a shootout.

Just like against the Colts, the Chargers have NO CHANCE to win this game.

They are the hard shelled cockroach that you just can't kill. It keeps coming back after you thought it was dead!

:wacko:

No matter what happens in the Vikes/Philly game for matchups next week...this is THE GAME to see.

Yes it probably is. It will be physical. If Baltimore wins the other whoever wins may be so beat up the Ravens could have another trip to the SB.

But a lot of "ifs" there.

The Chargers appear to be playing now, like the team I expected all season. The Steelers did dominate the last game, but, committed stupid penalties that almost cost them the game. The Chargers are a much better team now than they were then. I expect another great game. :wacko:

I agree. It should be another close hard-fought AFC tussle!! GAWD, I love NFL playoff football!!!!! :D

Just like against the Colts, the Chargers have NO CHANCE to win this game.

They are the hard shelled cockroach that you just can't kill. It keeps coming back after you thought it was dead!

:D

No one said they didn't have a chance against the Colts, and no one is saying that now either.

I still want revenge for that 1994 AFC Championship loss to the Bolts in Pittsburgh. That was totally deflating and I was in a bad mood for 2+ weeks after that loss. Still think it'll be a great game and I sure hope the Steelers offense comes to play because I can most assuredly say their defense will. Congrats to the Bolts on eliminating the Colts! Any team can beat any other on any given day anywhere, so I'm certainly not counting my chickens. Well, maybe eliminate the Lions out of that last statement.

No one said they didn't have a chance against the Colts, and no one is saying that now either.

i sort of said they dont have a chance when i predicted 27-14 steeler victory earlier in this thread ... Chargers have played great lately but this is a nice step up in class when you consider they have to travel cross country and play a very , very good & rested steeler team in their building

this is not denver at home nor Colts at home ( they play colts well every time )

i dont believe the chargers will be able to run on Steelers and i don't believe Rivers can win the chargers the game for sure

I don't think you feel that way at all. You seem to be fairly reasonable as far as homers (like myself) go.

There are many on these boards who said the Borncos / Chargers' game didn't matter because the Colts were going to roll either team big time. Do you really need me to find you the links.

Pay attention. It's the playoffs! :D

BTW

I'll try to break this game down like I did this last one in a couple days. Let me know what you think.

There is no honest Steeler fan that really watches the games that thinks the Steelers will roll right over the Chargers. I do think things like weather, travel, and home field will make the difference in a very good close game. All recent signs are pointing toward Big Ben being ready to go for this game and this week of rest came at a great time. I can't wait for this game as it should be a great one. :wacko:

strangley enough, my biggest concern for this game is being able to run the ball....even though Sproles just had over 100 vs. the Colts.

it'd be nice to have a banger like Michael Turner for this one. while i think Sproles can get it done in many situations, I'm not sure this is the perfect game for his talents. We need a sure two or three yards on each carry.

that being said, our defense looks more ready than they have all year. and i'd love to see Norv and Rivers prove something to a certain Steelers' fan out there!

This guy from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette sure doesn't think the Chargers have a chance.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09005/939647-87.stm

He's already looking ahead to the Steelers vs. Ravens rematch. Thanks for the bulletin board material. It was also posted in the San Diego Union-Tribune this morning.

I concur with previous posters that this will be another great game. I look for more of a defensive, field-position battle in a lower-scoring type of game. Looking forward to it. Go Chargers!!!

This guy from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette sure doesn't think the Chargers have a chance.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09005/939647-87.stm

He's already looking ahead to the Steelers vs. Ravens rematch.

This kind of crap is written to set him up to trash the Steelers if they lose. He can come down on them like a ton of bricks for losing an "easy game" and most of the halfwits that read this trash will believe him.

This kind of crap is written to set him up to trash the Steelers if they lose. He can come down on them like a ton of bricks for losing an "easy game" and most of the halfwits that read this trash will believe him.

Exactly. Well said.

meh....I'll take the Giants/Eagles tilt as the game I'd like to see most, but then again, I am a Philly homer.

On a side note....Steelers 23, Chargers 13

I'm not. It's the game I'd like to see too if I have to choose one. I like the Eagles to win the Super Bowl. Call me :wacko:

Ron Cook gets little respect when it comes to his Steeler coverage. I mean those that are not fans that follow the game may give him some respect when it comes to his coverage but those that really follow the team often call Cook out.

Ron Cook gets little respect when it comes to his Steeler coverage. I mean those that are not fans that follow the game may give him some respect when it comes to his coverage but those that really follow the team often call Cook out.

Every city has one. Ours in Minny is called Reusse - knows nothing, shouts a lot. Chicago is worse.

strangley enough, my biggest concern for this game is being able to run the ball....even though Sproles just had over 100 vs. the Colts.

it'd be nice to have a banger like Michael Turner for this one.

Hester is a banger (led LSU to a national championship). But every time I see Hester run, I expect him to fumble it.

Hester is a banger (led LSU to a national championship). But every time I see Hester run, I expect him to fumble it.

Actually Hester is very sure-handed. He fumbled only once in over 460 touches at LSU and has only one fumble this year (in week three).