[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick looks to return in June 2009.

WaterMan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodell would be a fool to let this guy back into the league. The story has pretty much run it's course now, but if Vick is on any NFL team in any role in the future, then the dogfighting story and subsequent jokes/taunts will be relived every single week of the season.

First he needs to settle the state charges. I heard he will plead guilty

When those are resolved he meets with Goodell and is given at least a one year suspension. Then he can apply for reinstatement. I suspect Goodell will hear from animal rights groups before making a decision.

I expect another 2 years at least.

Goodell would be a fool to let this guy back into the league. The story has pretty much run it's course now, but if Vick is on any NFL team in any role in the future, then the dogfighting story and subsequent jokes/taunts will be relived every single week of the season.

So? You forget the NFL is way past being simply a football league anymore; now it's all about "entertainment" baby....a 3-ring circus of goofiness, thugs, and general idiocy. As long as they rake in the dough ie people are stupid enough to pay all that $ for games and merchandise etc etc, who cares? So bring it on! Hey how about going to the Ravens? Vick can murder stuff and Lewis can cover it up. Then of course the obligatory celebration dance afterwards. *snap* I got it: done to the tune of "who let the dogs out" giggle :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

+1 on 2010 being the earliest. That puts Vick at 30 yrs. His whole thing was elusive, running QB and at 30+ I think he will be a little bit better than average at that, at the best. I just dont see any team taking him as a backup QB cause his is not an accurate passer. I also dont see him as the seasoned vet coming in to mentor the younger QBs.

+1 on 2010 being the earliest. That puts Vick at 30 yrs. His whole thing was elusive, running QB and at 30+ I think he will be a little bit better than average at that, at the best. I just dont see any team taking him as a backup QB cause his is not an accurate passer. I also dont see him as the seasoned vet coming in to mentor the younger QBs.

If your guess was accurate.

McNabb - 33

Tomlinson - 30

Randy Moss - 32

TO - 36

Favre - 40

P. Manning -33

Looks to me that 40 is the new age of old player.

Edited by WaterMan

If your guess was accurate.

McNabb - 33 Has been a pocket passer for years now.

Tomlinson - 30 He's come back down to earth, and he's not got a whole lot left

Randy Moss - 32 WR's have proven to play well past 30

TO - 36 see above

Favre - 40 Pocket passer, lots of older pocket passers lasted beyone 35

P. Manning -33 See above

Looks to me that 40 is the new age of old player.

the whole, earn a buck at all costs mentality aside, it would be nice, just once, to see the owners in the nfl, nba, mlb or nhl take a stand and say, you do not meet the standard I have set to be a player on my team.

These leagues made money prior to hiring gangstas and they will make money long after the gangstas are gone.

And the Falcons have not missed Michael Vick one bit.

I'm sure Vick will come back and pick up the mantle of being one of the best QBs in the NFL

:wacko: that was never true ....

I'm sure Vick will come back and pick up the mantle of being one of the best an above average QBs in the NFL

:D that was never true either

I'm sure Vick will come back and pick up the mantle of being an above average an average QBs in the NFL

:D that was never true either

I'm sure Vick will come back and pick up the mantle of being an average one of the worst QBs in the NFL

:D while it is true he sucked as a QB I don't think it is true he will ever resume a major role in the NFL (and will be VERY lucky to carry a clip board somewhere) ...

I'm sure Vick will draw lots of media attention and hype but never amount to much

:D ... Yeah I think that last one nails it

the whole, earn a buck at all costs mentality aside, it would be nice, just once, to see the owners in the nfl, nba, mlb or nhl take a stand and say, you do not meet the standard I have set to be a player on my team.

These leagues made money prior to hiring gangstas and they will make money long after the gangstas are gone.

And the Falcons have not missed Michael Vick one bit.

Plaxico comes to mind

In a fit of rage after blowing two shots at the playoffs this year Jerry Jones has a mental breakdown and trades for Plax, signs Ocho Cinco and demotes Romo after the newly free Vick gets released/signed from the bighouse. Surely a 4 WR formation of TO, Williams, Plax, Ocho Cinco with Ron Mexico leading the charge guarontees a super bowl right? Oh almost forgot about trading Witten straight up for Kellen "Soldja" Winslow. With Romo and Witten out of the picture there won't be any "good ole boy club" distractions in that clubhouse.

money in the bank :D

:wacko: